Dynadot

.in Market for .co.in domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Is there an active market for selling single/dictionary word and premium 2-word .co.in domains? I mean not every kind of dictionary word, but those with a commercial element and can relate to a product or service.

End-uers, forums, resellers...where are the chances for selling more? Any ideas, suggestions. Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I'd probably try to focus on .IN as opposed to CO.IN if I were you...Although I think CO.IN would still be decent for things like really good premium words. But, I wouldn't bother with 2-Word domains in this extension right now..

•••
India's massive population means there is room for both .in and .co.in to prosper but faster and bigger returns are likely to come from .in names. In the last few months I sold timeshare.co.in to an enduser based in Australia but that is my only significant .co.in sale in a couple of years (although my portfolio size is not exactly huge). In terms of reseller potential, unless your name is great, it is unlikely to attract any attraction on the forums whereas the exchange of .in names is far more active.

With all that being said, some people have made some great profits from .co.in (member Wot here probably being the most successful of people I know) and some big names have invested a lot of money in the extension. Personally I believe in the extension and would advise holding them for a few years if you can afford the renewals (if the names are truly premium). If you're wanting to liquidate though, listing on the forums is the best determinant of the current state of the .co.in reseller market.

Good Luck. Will

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back