Domain Empire

Many people are in danger and Rob Monster (Epik's CEO) is partly responsible

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

how much do you think @Rob Monster (Epik's CEO)'s political views is responsible on the hack

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • very much

• a bit

• not at all

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Results are only viewable after voting.

robinnx

Established Member
Impact
my position: anything is prone to be hacked anytime, but I think that @Rob Monster 's personnel views played a big role in getting Epik hacked.
I sensed that the CEO was playing some dangerous games, mixing business and personnel views publicly is a very dangerous formula. and simply unprofessional (except if you are using your personal views as a marketing tool to target a specific customers segment ). he should just keep his religious and political views for himself.

since I started my business. rarely has anyone heard anything about my personnel views anymore (except my some friend and family). because I believe that when someone conducts business, then he should think that the business comes before publishing his personnel views.

ps: I have nothing against @Rob Monster as an individual I ask God to keep him and his family safe from all evil. I just want to see if there is any who may be sharing my position.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There's no question that Epik was hacked because of Rob Monster's horrible business decisions. The hackers have made it very clear in both of their readmes that the motivation for the hack was political. When you build your company's reputation by offering internet services to people that get kicked off of other platforms because of objectionable political views and/or hate speech, you shouldn't be surprised when you're targeted by activists who think that your business practices are objectionable.

Moreover, as the acting CTO of the company, it was absolutely Rob Monster's responsibility to make sure that the systems were adequately patched and they weren't storing a bunch of sensitive data that they didn't need. As the CEO of the company it was his job to make sure that they had a competent security team that could have prevented something like this from happening.

•••
There's no question that Epik was hacked because of Rob Monster's horrible business decisions.

Key words.. EpiK was hacked.

The hackers have made it very clear in both of their readmes that the motivation for the hack was political. When you build your company's reputation by offering internet services to people that get kicked off of other platforms because of objectionable political views and/or hate speech, you shouldn't be surprised when you're targeted by activists who think that your business practices are objectionable.

Moreover, as the acting CTO of the company, it was absolutely Rob Monster's responsibility to make sure that the systems were adequately patched and they weren't storing a bunch of sensitive data that they didn't need. As the CEO of the company it was his job to make sure that they had a competent security team that could have prevented something like this from happening.

•••
Why another Epik thread on same subject?

•••
We need 6 more threads to archive the goal of 10 Epik threads

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back