Dynadot

Management of your domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

wamfolio

Established Member
Impact
Hi all,

Im doing a bit of research and im curious on all of your "day to day" management needs of your domains

How do you manage all of your domains? and websites? do you have a system?

thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
But the installation will be more stable as I assume Softaculous does perform some vetting before updating apps in their library.

It's hard to say how much they test the software on their end before publishing it, as they update fairly quickly. When I release a new version it's usually live in Softaculous within a couple days. From what I've seen it seems like mostly projects that have been around for a while that they include in their software, so it's possible they operate on a bit of a trust factor. After all it's the software publisher that will suffer if they release a broken version, so they'll be doing their best to make sure it's working properly.

Softaculous - Your hosting provider must support this and imo, this will be more stable but older than the latest codebase from Github

In terms of stability they're pretty much the same. The version on GitHub is the same as the downloadable .zip on the website, and a couple days later it's the same version in Softaculous. If a sneaky bug happens to slip through the cracks and make it into the GitHub repo, it's also probably going to be in the .zip file and in Softaculous. This is very rare though, and I do my best to make sure the master branch on GitHub is very stable. I use multiple installations of DomainMOD on a daily basis to manage domains for clients, so it must remain fully functional at all times.

Github: More technical installation but you'll be on the bleeding edge of the code which means things might potentially break and bugs might manifest.

The master branch on GitHub is very stable, and whatever is published there is what makes it into Softaculous within a few days, so you would only be on the bleeding edge for a few days at most.

•••
The price of DnDork marketplace is decreased to just $39 from $59. You can sell / rent unlimited domains, show top bar notifications & receiving unlimited inquiries directly to your inbox. And yes, it is fully responsive (works great on mobiles, tablets and PCs) & comes with 10+ pre-built color schemes. The code is very clean, use proper images, anchor text, heading & meta data to boost page speed and higher ranking on Google.

•••
Does domain
The price of DnDork marketplace is decreased to just $39 from $59. You can sell / rent unlimited domains, show top bar notifications & receiving unlimited inquiries directly to your inbox. And yes, it is fully responsive (works great on mobiles, tablets and PCs) & comes with 10+ pre-built color schemes. The code is very clean, use proper images, anchor text, heading & meta data to boost page speed and higher ranking on Google.

spamming my thread with advertising.. hmm

Nothing crazy. Just a spreadsheet (not Excel) with a few things that I like to have for sorting and tracking. Mostly expirations, description, price paid, renewals, extension.

@creataweb do you do things like workout profit loss? / and track expenses somehow?

•••
Does domain

spamming my thread with advertising.. hmm

@creataweb do you do things like workout profit loss? / and track expenses somehow?

I have a separate sheet for acquistion and sales numbers, for me it's easier that way.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back