IT.COM

Make $$$ with forums

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I noticed that FORUMs are very POPULAR(if well managed)
regardless of topics..

how can one ultilise this FACT to make money
apart from charging fees upfront???
is it possible to put ads/PPC ??

any OTHER strategies?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I personaly think AdSense is a great way to make money on a forum. Mainly because the ads will be relevant to what the discussions are about.

•••
Originally posted by Kodeking
I personaly think AdSense is a great way to make money on a forum. Mainly because the ads will be relevant to what the discussions are about.

have you used it before??
or can you please direct me to some forums using this ADSENSE money maker:gn:

Last edited:
•••
Selling Banner and Button space seem to work, you'll need traffic prior to selling space obviously, the more traffic the higher the advertising rate.

Mike

•••
Originally posted by Tippy
Selling Banner and Button space seem to work, you'll need traffic prior to selling space obviously, the more traffic the higher the advertising rate.

Mike

know of any working forums, like to make

an evaluation and study

:gn:

•••
www.WebHostingTalk.com very successful Hosting related Forum, so many other great Forums out there as well, I believe most of the heavily visited Forums will sell advertising space, just visit a few at random.

•••
Originally posted by redhippo
have you used it before??
or can you please direct me to some forums using this ADSENSE money maker:gn:

www.GameDose.com and www.OnlineWebChat.com both use Adsense on their forums. Sometimes the ads are off topic, but for the most part, they are on topic.

•••
My buddy's website, AnimeOnline.net has combined his forums with the rest of his site. It bassically centers around the gallery, and the forum. They have managed to get some big named advertisers to join them (sony pictures and Tower Records). Sony is apying 950 /month and Tower is paying 350 /month for banners.

They are one of the top 10 anime sites in the world though...

•••
Originally posted by Josh
My buddy's website, AnimeOnline.net has combined his forums with the rest of his site. It bassically centers around the gallery, and the forum. They have managed to get some big named advertisers to join them (sony pictures and Tower Records). Sony is apying 950 /month and Tower is paying 350 /month for banners.

They are one of the top 10 anime sites in the world though...

WOWB-) thanks

will check out all these sites and learn:gn:

•••
selling advertising space i beleive is the best way to make money

•••
Originally posted by Elefekt
selling advertising space i beleive is the best way to make money

how and where. will appreciate if you
can point out some contacts or sites.

•••
Well you can have rotating banners like at WHT. You can charge more for static banners and less for rotating. If you have a chat like here and have people advertise like here thats a good way also. you can make different forums be sponsored with 88x31's. In reality just be creative and make a potential advertiser think he will get alot of business or at least hits from advertising from you.

•••
Originally posted by Elefekt
Well you can have rotating banners like at WHT. You can charge more for static banners and less for rotating. If you have a chat like here and have people advertise like here thats a good way also. you can make different forums be sponsored with 88x31's. In reality just be creative and make a potential advertiser think he will get alot of business or at least hits from advertising from you.

thanks but WHT? :| where? what? how?:tu:

Last edited:
•••
•••
hey how does RJ (i guess he owns this place :) ) make money out of this forum (incase he dosent intend to make money out of this forum i am sorry!!)

there are no banners , no paid sections like in other forums where there is a seperate closed section for ppl who pay the subscription fee

how is money generated at NP???

•••
Originally posted by mnm_pistha
hey how does RJ (i guess he owns this place :) ) make money out of this forum (incase he dosent intend to make money out of this forum i am sorry!!)

there are no banners , no paid sections like in other forums where there is a seperate closed section for ppl who pay the subscription fee

aaah company secrets. PM RJ or go
here

http://www.postgre.org/

i think :lol:

•••
•••
Originally posted by Brian
selling advertisments works well,

http://mrfixitonline.com is another forum based site that uses advertisments.

all games on the mainpage.dont see the ads:tri:

•••
There's a banner and a link to advertise on every single page.

•••
Originally posted by cerebus
There's a banner and a link to advertise on every single page.

:-/ are talking same language?:hehe:

spent sometime on

the iman islam forum.

will check it out again:tri:

•••
heh what forum?

anyway sell adspace if they it gets popular thats the best way

•••
Originally posted by mnm_pistha

NamePros does not generate a profit, we don't have ads or paid memberships.

•••
Originally posted by -RJ-
NamePros does not generate a profit, we don't have ads or paid memberships.

That I have seen. I think the only way is if someone purchases NP from the bank right? Which probably never happens.

•••
It is really hard to get a forum started though. When it first goes live and you have 0 members and 0 posts you have to get a bunch of people to post first in the hopes of attracting more. I myself have found it pretty tough, then again, im a complete newbie with no advertising knowledge!

•••
as the saying goes....a journey of a thousand miles begin with a

single step.....D-:

starting a forum......is not quite a 1000 mile journey...

but it does take persistence and marketing skills....picked up

along the way IMHO

well, ahmed of houston, you can offer NP$ for

people to sign up or make referrals to your forum...

:bingo:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back