Dynadot

domains Mailchimp giving away free domain for 5 years

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

SNJV

Established Member
Impact
I know it's April but this ain't a prank, Mailchimp is giving away one free domain name for 5 years. I'm sure y'all are aware of Mailchimp? it is an email marketing tool. now they've got a bunch of more features.

Go ahead and grab a name, all you have to do is sign up and redeem. Happy Domaining :)

Edit: Do read T&C...

Read More...

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I Just grabbed DomainPodcast.net , What did you redeem?

•••
What is the catch? Nothing is free in life.

You have to buy some service? Or keep it for 5 years?

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••

The same reasoning here... :D

There is T&C for this promo, https://mailchimp.com/legal/domain-discount/ :

*Free Domain offer provided through a discount of $25/year for five years when you publish a website with Mailchimp within 11 months of your domain purchase. Offer open between 4/8/20-5/31/20. “Publishing” a website requires, at a minimum, selecting the website “publish” option in your Mailchimp account. Use of Mailchimp’s standard domain squatter holding page on your domain (which is provided automatically to all domains) shall not suffice for meeting the publish requirement. Subject to your continued eligibility, Mailchimp will apply a $25 discount to your domain cost, once a year for up to 5 total years. Max value of offer is $125 over 5 years. If you fail to meet the publishing requirement, then your discount shall immediately end after 12 months. Mailchimp will automatically bill your card on file at Mailchimp’s then-current annual rate for that domain once every 12 months. You may choose not to renew your domain registration by disabling automatic-renewal by contacting Mailchimp customer support. However, if you disable automatic renewal, all domain discounts shall immediately end and you will lose ownership of your domain upon expiration of the domain. Mailchimp may, but is not obligated to, send you one or more reminder emails to publish a website on your domain so that you may maintain the $25/year discount for the additional years. Mailchimp may withdraw this offer at any time, at its sole discretion. Redemption of this offer requires: (A) registering a domain through Mailchimp (which requires accepting and complying with Mailchimp’s Additional Terms for Domains), (B) creating a Mailchimp account (which requires accepting and complying with Mailchimp’s Standard Terms of Use), and (C) publishing a website on the registered domain through Mailchimp within 11 months (which requires accepting and complying with Mailchimp’s Additional Terms for Websites) (together, the “Mailchimp Terms of Use”).

Valid credit card or debit card required for domain registration and continued eligibility. Limit of one offer redemption per household (including, but not limited to, limited to one per Mailchimp account, email address, physical address, phone number, and payment method). If you have failed to comply with the Mailchimp Terms of Use, you are not eligible for this offer. No other discounts apply to this offer. At all times, you shall be responsible for paying for the cost of any other plans or add-ons, including, but not limited to, fees associated with email marketing, automations, ads, and postcards. Discount immediately ends upon discontinuation of ownership of the domain or termination of your Mailchimp account. If you select a currency other than the US Dollar, your discount will be subject to exchange rates and applied in your chosen currency. Domain and website must remain hosted through Mailchimp to remain eligible for discount. Domains existing prior to 4/8/20 and domains acquired from outside Mailchimp are not eligible for the discount. Mailchimp may modify or change its fees and pricing structure at any time, in which case, only the discounts stated in this offer shall apply and you shall be responsible for paying any price difference.

Nothing spectacular, but it has strings attached; and since they require credit card, I'll skip this one - if I forget to publish the site as they request, they'll charge me three times the usual .com price, it seems they value it at 25$...

For those who want to develop a site, it's nice offer, though; and MailChimp reasoning is that those who publish a site on their platform, following this promotion, are likely to purchase some of their other services.

•••

Yes, there is a catch. Read here:

Only register those names, which you are willing to develop, Don’t grab names you wanna sell, Why don’t you register names which you’ve already got but different extensions sound good right? Happy Domaining.

•••
Yes, there is a catch. Read here:

Only register those names, which you are willing to develop, Don’t grab names you wanna sell, Why don’t you register names which you’ve already got but different extensions sound good right? Happy Domaining.

Thanks.

I feel in this kind of threads, OP should provide the T&C also.

•••
Nothing free in this world
Avoid this type offer. Heavy term condition..... If any break; you loose domain ownership.

•••
Thank you for sharing. I rather pay for the domain than reading the fine print :xf.grin:

•••
Thank you for sharing. I rather pay for the domain than reading the fine print :xf.grin:

i got a headache trying to read the fine print...

Samer

Last edited:
•••
•••
I dont see what is the use. This deal is not for domainers, but rather for end users who dont want to renew names. So it fits perfect for them.

•••
You have 11 months to develop a website... that is ENOUGH TIME.

•••
•••
So clearly this is only for a domain name you plan to use and develop, and only then if you plan to use MailChimp with it. Thanks for the detailed TOS for the offer, @strugar .
You may choose not to renew your domain registration by disabling automatic-renewal by contacting Mailchimp customer support. However, if you disable automatic renewal, all domain discounts shall immediately end and you will lose ownership of your domain upon expiration of the domain.
This business of losing ownership upon expiration. Do people just read it that the domain name will no longer be registered, or something more, as in are the domains registered in your name of MailChimps? Some years ago certain parties that sold registrations were really still registering them not in your name. I think that has stopped, or hope that it has, but this seems stronger than you will need to move it and register it somewhere else. I have not tried to ask them.
Bob

•••
ExtraChoose.com
:unsure:
I AM PARTIALLY HAPPY WITH THIS

•••
@Bob Hawkes I was thinking about the same problem it looks so similar. I will just give them a try with one simple site to develop I used their WordPress extension I hope they not change rules or scam people like some others before.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back