Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
Please appraise MagicLoans.com

Thank you

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
very nice name, estibot USD 4800, previous sales of "loans" keyword:

Domain Price Date Venue
loans.com 3,000,000 USD 2000-01-01 Private
personalloans.com 1,000,000 USD 2012-02-20 Uniregistry
federalstudentloans.com 50,750 USD 2007-10-31 drt auction
discountloans.com 39,000 USD 2013-02-17 Afternic
discountloans.com 39,000 USD 2013-01-31 GoDaddy
lowinterestloans.com 35,000 USD 2008-02-27 SnapNames
veteransloans.com 35,000 USD 2008-01-30 Afternic
mobileloans.com 30,099 USD 2014-05-30 NameJet
foreclosureloans.com 25,000 USD 2007-03-13 Sedo
loansolutions.com 21,000 USD 2009-01-14 Afternic

In my opinion, your domain will be something like USD 15-40K, if you can wait for your right buyer, and you do some proper sale effort.

•••
very nice name, estibot USD 4800, previous sales of "loans" keyword:

Domain Price Date Venue
loans.com 3,000,000 USD 2000-01-01 Private
personalloans.com 1,000,000 USD 2012-02-20 Uniregistry
federalstudentloans.com 50,750 USD 2007-10-31 drt auction
discountloans.com 39,000 USD 2013-02-17 Afternic
discountloans.com 39,000 USD 2013-01-31 GoDaddy
lowinterestloans.com 35,000 USD 2008-02-27 SnapNames
veteransloans.com 35,000 USD 2008-01-30 Afternic
mobileloans.com 30,099 USD 2014-05-30 NameJet
foreclosureloans.com 25,000 USD 2007-03-13 Sedo
loansolutions.com 21,000 USD 2009-01-14 Afternic

In my opinion, your domain will be something like USD 15-40K, if you can wait for your right buyer, and you do some proper sale effort.

I dont agree with you on that.

While I think it is a very good name, the names above are applicable to a specific loan for the most part (personal loan, low interest loan). Discount loans makes sense, possibly searched for more, so I dont think magicloans will get to that price.

The "downside" of this domain to me is that a "magic loan" sounds shady to me. That could be a feeling people have seeing that name. With loansolutions I don't make that shady connection, with discount loans I would have it less. Of course, with the right marketing and branding, it would be a great brand to have.

Because of this, I would value it below 5 figures and say mid 4 figures should be acceptable.

•••

While I think it is a very good name, the names above are applicable to a specific loan for the most part (personal loan, low interest loan). Discount loans makes sense, possibly searched for more, so I dont think magicloans will get to that price.

The "downside" of this domain to me is that a "magic loan" sounds shady to me. That could be a feeling people have seeing that name. With loansolutions I don't make that shady connection, with discount loans I would have it less. Of course, with the right marketing and branding, it would be a great brand to have.

Because of this, I would value it below 5 figures and say mid 4 figures should be acceptable.
It does not sound legit

•••
I think it sounds fine. Good luck!

•••

Yes, that's right, the connection of words "magic" and "loan" might really sound a little bit shady.
I can imagine though that big company can develop it as a brand, and make "magic loans" their flagship product. However, it would need to be really big and trusted company, so that perceived "shadiness" would go away by proper marketing and branding, if I can say it like that. While agreed that this aspect might be pushing value of the domain bit down, I would still say that one can do better with this domain then mid 4 figures. But your point is valid.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Thanks everyone for your feedback, much appreciated. I bought this through an auction recently for little money ($210) and did a bit of research into the name. It was used by a UK loans company that went bankrupt a few years ago. It's not a banned domain name by google, so hopefully it could be revived into an operational site at some stage.

•••
I've got ezyloans.me and .us. Bummer i missed out on .com.
Magicloans doesn't grab me but that's my opinion.

•••
Nice catch, especially for what you paid.

I agree with most about it sounding shady and not too legit, with the magic part... but it certain is hugely brandable and as such, attractive to legitimate loan providers, perhaps in the secondary market.

I just built a minisite for sansenquetedecredit in the .com (that's French for nocreditcheck basically) and it's new, but the CPC is impressive. If I were you and you have any time or basic web development skills, I would build a minisite on it, referring to affiliate rev programs for loan providers. It'll also generate good legitimate traffic to the site if you put some decent content on.

Good luck with it. A solid mid $xxxx domain at least.

Rob

•••
•••
"It may look like magic,
but actually we can help you with your loans! "

nothing shady

•••
Nice catch, especially for what you paid.

I agree with most about it sounding shady and not too legit, with the magic part... but it certain is hugely brandable and as such, attractive to legitimate loan providers, perhaps in the secondary market.

I just built a minisite for sansenquetedecredit in the .com (that's French for nocreditcheck basically) and it's new, but the CPC is impressive. If I were you and you have any time or basic web development skills, I would build a minisite on it, referring to affiliate rev programs for loan providers. It'll also generate good legitimate traffic to the site if you put some decent content on.

Good luck with it. A solid mid $xxxx domain at least.

Rob

Thanks Rob,

I don't have too many tech skills, I may outsource it. Thanks for the great tip.
As a financial site with some decent traffic, it could become a valuable asset in time.

•••
Magic as in 'those pay themselves back'? :rolleyes::-D

Seriously now, 4 figure domain - maybe 5K+ for the right buyer. Can't add anything to the above posts.

•••
There are many companies that used magicloans on their name. I would sell this for atleast 10K and wait for the perfect buyer.

Last edited:
•••
Pool of endusers is not very big or impressive. Magic has the connotation of having the rug pulled out from you. Of course if someone wants it you can sell it for $xxxx. You essentially bought a $210 option that someone in the future will need this domain. In auctions its often more important to think about why the others stopped early bidding, then what the final hammer price was, That's the state of domaining today. Good Luck

Last edited:
•••
"It may look like magic,
but actually we can help you with your loans! "

nothing shady

I love your quote, can I use it? But not the shady bit!!

•••
Pool of endusers is not very big or impressive. Magic has the connotation of having the rug pulled out from you. Of course if someone wants it you can sell it for $xxxx. You essentially bought a $210 option that someone in the future will need this domain. In auctions its often more important to think about why the others stopped early bidding, then what the final hammer price was, That's the state of domaining today. Good Luck

Those were my thoughts exactly. When I was bidding at the beginning I was outbid a few time and had to raise my bid price until it reached the $200 ish mark. I was curious why nobody was bidding any more. So being a bit reckless I carried on with top proxy bid of $250. So I wondered if it was a banned domain, which luckily it isn't. I was glad to win as I think it's a nice name and has a ring to it. I appreciate your comments, thank you.

•••
For mi it sounds weird.
Magic & Loans dont match
Magic loans ?
And who will give it to you? Ginnie?

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back