NameSilo

domain macoffice2011.com

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

macosxp

New Member
Impact
0
I bought macoffice2011.com a few months ago, since during Microsoft's marketing of Office 2008 for Mac, they had used macoffice2008.com, and now they're working on Office 2011 for Mac. I've gotten a few dozen hits (and one from Microsoft actually), but I want to sell the domain to someone. Any idea how much it could go for?

PS I'm new here :blink:

PPS Anyone know where I can find info on the process of selling/transferring a domain? All I know how to do right now is change DNS settings and renew (or not renew) domains.
 
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Hi, welcome to NamePros :)

Can I just say something about that visit from Microsoft?

That will be their lawyers doing some research to file a cease and desist, you are encroaching on one of their trademarks knowingly...and hoping to make money off their brand.

This is a big no no, and one that will only hurt you in the long run.

Two rules, don't profit off the trademark of another and don't profit off disasters.

I would drop this as soon as possible and delete it if you can, it is worthless and could leave you open to a $100,000 fine for the trademark squatting :)

Cybersquatting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
 
0
•••
Really? Actually the hit was via a Google image search, so idk if that's a lawyer. Plus there's a ton of non-Microsoft-owned websites with domain names of their trademarks, like windows7.cc. It could be a good domain for some guy who wants to make a forum or informational site about it or whatever. If you really think I can't get anything for it, then fine. Thanks anyway :red:
 
0
•••
PPS Anyone know where I can find info on the process of selling/transferring a domain? All I know how to do right now is change DNS settings and renew (or not renew) domains.

Yes, there are many forums on here that can help you with that. While you are browsing the forums, you might want to take a look at the Trademark forum, because you very well might be getting contacted by Microsoft soon enough.

I wouldn't sell this domain either, they can come after you even after you sell it. Delete it as soon as possible and move on to non-trademarked domains.
 
0
•••
Wow, didn't know that. Didn't think "macoffice2011.com" was an actual trademark either. Whatever... I cancelled the domain.
 
0
•••
Wow, didn't know that. Didn't think "macoffice2011.com" was an actual trademark either. Whatever... I cancelled the domain.

Any use of a trademark term in a domain name is grounds for issues in the future. For example, if I registered GoogleTVnow.com, "Google TV Now" is not a trademark but Google sure is. "Mac" is a trademark of Macintosh.
 
0
•••
Wow, didn't know that. Didn't think "macoffice2011.com" was an actual trademark either. Whatever... I cancelled the domain.

One of the smartest things a "newbie" has done....read up some more and you done better already then most!
 
0
•••
One of the smartest things a "newbie" has done....read up some more and you done better already then most!

IDK if I'm being smart or paranoid, but thank you. I guess even a small risk of a lawsuit with Microsoft is something I don't exactly want to deal with.

Now I wonder how long it actually takes to process the cancellation...:|
 
0
•••
I have a newbie question re this subject: is there a listing available for registered trademarks where I can check if a term is actually trademarked?

Johanna
 
0
•••
0
•••
Thank you!:)
 
0
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back