NameSilo

LuxuryCars.com VS Cars.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Levi_charlz

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
I’m trying to get an idea of the potential difference between these two domains.

LuxuryCars.com and Cars.com

Both Great Domains but how much difference in Value?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I think, it'll be huge.

LuxuryCars - mid $xx,xxx to mid $xxx,xxx (Since 'luxury' is expensive niche, it'll add some value to the name but still its too small compared to all 'car' types)

Cars - low $x,xxx,xxx to $xx,xxx,xxx

*Although Cars.com reportedly sold for $xxx,xxx,xxx in all-business sale deal.
*LuxuryCar.com sold for $30K in 2018.

Last edited:
•••
Yeah. I think there will be a huge difference in value. In my personal opinion, If I have to rank a domain name in the cars segment after cars(dot)com, it has to be hotcars(dot)com . They run a wonderful site on all things related to four wheels.:xf.cool:

•••
I’m trying to get an idea of the potential difference between these two domains.

As being a domainer ( I don't even knew what is it mean)

I think luxuryCars is two word name which always sell less then single generic word.

Cars.com is single word name so in my opinion it's 20000000% better then any keywords+cars

My two cents.

•••
I have always wondered as to why the domain owner of hotcars choose hotcars(dot)com when he could have chosen shorter cars(dot)com . I checked WHOIS, it shows that hotcars(dot)com was registered a few years prior to cars(dot)com . Can someone throw light on this?

•••

Huge difference because...

Cars.com (easy 7 figures) domain name scope is massive, where it is able to cover the whole segment whereas LuxuryCars.com (5-6 figures max) scope is limited to only a category of cars within the CARS segment.

Hope this helps!

•••
I have always wondered as to why the domain owner of hotcars choose hotcars(dot)com when he could have chosen shorter cars(dot)com . I checked WHOIS, it shows that hotcars(dot)com was registered a few years prior to cars(dot)com . Can someone throw light on this?

Cars.com was probably taken first, dropped later-on and re-registered.

•••
Cars.com was probably taken first, dropped later-on and re-registered.
I also thought so but Hosterstats doesn’t show past delete record for this name.

•••
Yeah. I think there will be a huge difference in value. In my personal opinion, If I have to rank a domain name in the cars segment after cars(dot)com, it has to be hotcars(dot)com . They run a wonderful site on all things related to four wheels.:xf.cool:
There’s carj.com before that. :xf.wink:

•••
•••
•••
car.com is best for buying car...

•••
i think luxurycars is better then cars.co in my opinion....

•••
in my opinion cars.co is better than luxurycar.co because cars.co is very easy and fast....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back