NameSilo

Looking to buy a server

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi! all i'm looking to buy a webserver for really cheap if you have any for sale let me know.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Nice prices.
But i'm planing on a buying a whole server and setting it up at my place.
at least a P3

•••
•••
you are going to set up a server at your home? Well take into consideration the amount of bandwith you will need and if your ISP will even allow it . If you are looking for a cheap comp for a server then look on ebay or something

•••
I'm ok with bandwidth i get unlimited bandwidth for 50$ monthly.

Thanks nexelhost if i don't buy one i'll rent one on one of the 2 site you wrote.
Cheap prices looks good :D

•••
Sorry I didn't see you were wanting to buy one to own. If you rent one go with one of those. If you want to buy one check out http://www.tigerdirect.com

•••
oh cool thanks a lot those are the lowest prices i've seen up to now.

•••
nomis make sure to check out WebHostingTalk.com, some people have quality built P4's for sale in the $600 range, or build your own for about the same cost :)

•••
Well i can build it but i don't know where to find the pieces.and if it comes to the same price as a built one im better off with a built one.

•••
how fast is your connection?

upload / download ?

•••
I would recommend finding a server at Webhostingtalk

•••
my connection is 100mbits/s I can download from 355ko/s to 545ko/s about.

•••
Lurk on gotapex.com or fatwallet.com in the Hot Deals forum and watch for good deals on Dell servers. I have three SC400 servers (P4 2.8ghz HT) which were all bought for less than $300 each after rebate. The SC400 is obsolite now, but the SC420 is a good cheap server and they often have good deals on them also. You can't go wrong with a Dell...

PS: I also have a referral link which can get you an extra 1.5% off purchases from Dell Small Business. PM if you want it.

•••
SC400 are not for sale anymore.
I'm planing on buying servers to sell the space meaning it will be my companies server.
So i need at least 80gb per server which would need to be scsi.
But i think i'l find something really interesting on the sites dabb posted here :D

Thanks dabb

•••
Hey, whoa. Nexel Host here posted better deals. :lol: :sold:

•••
dabb's offer is the best up to now $299 per server :D
But i'm not 100% sure its the best for a hosting company.
This will be my first buy, and i don't want something i will regret.

•••
Hi there

I can offer you:

Pentium 4 3.06ghz CPU
800mhz FSB
1 GB PC3200 DDR Ram
120 GB HD Serial ATA
2,000+ GB Burstable

Price - $195 P/M

If you are intrested and want to know more please PM me.

Many Thanks

•••
Sorry, like i said i want to buy a server to set it up here at my place.

•••
nomis135 said:
Sorry, like i said i want to buy a server to set it up here at my place.
umm, Thats still rental.

•••
U still looking to buy a server

www.govliquidation.com always has them for super cheap, but just be forewarned there usually not pretty looking

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back