IT.COM

Looking for Domain Name Developers to Start a Group in 2022

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

redemo

Mug RuithTop Member
Impact
Are you a successful domain name developer or seriously interested in domain name development? I'm looking for highly-skilled domain name developers to start a discussion where can share tips about how to develop domain names for profit in 2022. If you have an established skillset in this area and are serious about making money from your domain name investing (by developing your domain names) then please post a list of your three main domain name development skills. No timewasters please. This will be a public discussion, not private messages. Cheers. My three main domain name development skills are 1> Finding high quality local (C.C.T.L.D.) domain names to use for website development 2 > Coming up with profitable traffic and product strategies 3 > Creating websites which get a lot of local traffic from search engines.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I would Google 'wordpress site generator' and look for technical discussion of it on Stackoverflow and similar sites and go from there. I can't imagine it's that difficult. Probably you write a script and hook it up to a form/admin area and behind the scenes WP is being installed with the info you provide when you click submit.

If I had 12,000 of them, I'd certainly want to control them all in one place, not have 12,000 separate logins. Wiring that part up may not be a trivial task but it'd be a huge time saver in the end, I'd think.

12,000 logins would be find considering they are unrelated websites, built over years and not sharing data.

•••
12,000 logins would be find considering they are unrelated websites, built over years and not sharing data.

12,000 sites are likely not unrelated. Like, I'd imagine X,000 of them all use the same ad network for some/all of their ads. So say you wanted to change that tag. You want to login to X,000 sites to do it? Or do it once in your admin dashboard?

•••
Technically you could make 12,000 separate logins work but after 5+ years, those sites are almost certainly going to be stale and look about the same as they originally did. Because the cost in your time is so great to update them. If you could do it easily in one place, you could be rapidly iterating and updating them. Something as simple as adding a global link to the footer, goes from a hellacious job that isn't worth it, to taking 30 seconds.

Last edited:
•••
Imagine if Bodis had a separate Wordpress install for every domain on their platform, with separate logins for each. It would be an untenable system, they'd have to have hundreds/thousands of people who did nothing but update them full-time.

But their backend likely functions like one big website where each domain is effectively a separate page. So they can instantly update all of them in one place (usually programmatically, I assume, no humans required).

Was that harder to build than Wordpress sites? Ya, initially. But it's easier now, with light years better efficiency and optimization capabilities - and it enables them to scale to infinity.

Last edited:
•••
Where did 12000 websites come from mate? I am overwhelmed with 50 websites.

•••
Maybe he built them for other people.
Doesnt say he manages 12000 sites.
WP for me. I have a template and my plugins. Sometimes I will build just to destroy.
I worked with guy who wrote his own code, good if your of that mindset.

•••
•••
Where did 12000 websites come from mate? I am overwhelmed with 50 websites.

Someone in the thread said they have built 12,000 mini sites.

•••
12,000 sites are likely not unrelated. Like, I'd imagine X,000 of them all use the same ad network for some/all of their ads. So say you wanted to change that tag. You want to login to X,000 sites to do it? Or do it once in your admin dashboard?

Imagine all you want. They didn't build 12000 websites in a year.

•••
Imagine all you want. They didn't build 12000 websites in a year.

Unless they are using 12,000 different CMS's, the code itself is related. You want to login 12,000 separate times to update your software?

•••
Unless they are using 12,000 different CMS's, the code itself is related. You want to login 12,000 separate times to update your software?

It would be great to know how @dncafe manages his empire, I suspect, like my own server updates are semi-automated.

•••
Ever heard of Just Dial? It's based out of, and mainly serves, India. But language is English and not Hindi. This is hands-down one of the sickest websites I have never seen traffic-wise and simple idea anyone could create https://www.justdial.com. I never heard of this website until yesterday. Traffic from U.S.A. is negligible (compared to other countries). Organic monthly traffic is 79,5 million worldwide. Nine million backlinks. 23 million organic keywords. Domain authority 61. Also 94 million indexed web pages in G. Love the footer text " Copyrights 2008-2018 " I saw a very weird thing https://web.archive.org/web/*/justdial.com it's saying " Sorry. This URL has been excluded from the Wayback Machine. " Huh? What's all that about? @Bob Hawkes do you know why do web sites get excluded from archive dot org? Anyhow I think a local version of this website can be developed for low cost and on an available / un-registered domain name. I'm not saying a copy, I mean a better version. The S.E.O. for this website is woeful I mean not even H-1- page tags now come on!

Last edited:
•••
Sorry. This URL has been excluded from the Wayback Machine. " Huh? What's all that about? @Bob Hawkes do you know why do web sites get excluded from archive dot org?
The most likely reason is that they asked to be excluded. Other possibilities explained below from the Wayback Machine FAQs.

Why isn't the site I'm looking for in the archive?

Some sites may not be included because the automated crawlers were unaware of their existence at the time of the crawl. It's also possible that some sites were not archived because they were password protected, blocked by robots.txt, or otherwise inaccessible to our automated systems. Site owners might have also requested that their sites be excluded from the Wayback Machine.

How can I exclude or remove my site's pages from the Wayback Machine?

You can send an email request for us to review to [email protected] with the URL (web address) in the text of your message.

•••
... do you know why do web sites get excluded from archive dot org? Anyhow I think a local version of this website can be developed for low cost and on an available / un-registered domain name. I'm not saying a copy, I mean a better version. The S.E.O. for this website is woeful I mean not even H-1- page tags now come on!
blocked by robots.txt,
Justdial.com, Robots.txt

User-agent: *
Disallow: /functions/
Disallow: /webmain/
Disallow: /*/wcdata/

User-agent: Baiduspider
Disallow: /

User-agent: Yandex

User-agent: Bingbot

User-agent: ia_archiver

Last edited:
•••
Ever heard of Just Dial? It's based out of, and mainly serves, India.... But language is English and not Hindi. This is hands-down one of the sickest websites I have never seen traffic-wise and
Different interfaces for USA and India, though both are English text.

Not very easy to copy. A lot of work and business agreements are required to aggregate that much information and make it useful.

Shopping, travel reservations, hotels, tourism. Not a one person job for sure.

name. I'm not saying a copy, I mean a better version. The S.E.O. for this website is woeful I mean not even H-1- page tags now come on!

Also has apps for iphone and android which may account for some traffic.

What puzzles me is, the decision to exclude Bingbot but they are still listed on Bing.com O_o

Last edited:
•••
Shopping, travel reservations, hotels, tourism. Not a one person job for sure.
Challenging but not impossible. Best focus on one region or city. California or L.A. for an example. Shopping is the easiest because products keep changing where hotels and locations generally, but not always, remain the same. I wanted to create a web site about the latest new sports shoes. There's serious opportunities for one-man-band. But it needs too much time and first hand knowledge for me. Having said that if you had a fresh and authentic angle then you can start just about anything.

•••
Justdial.com, Robots.txt

User-agent: *
Disallow: /functions/
Disallow: /webmain/
Disallow: /*/wcdata/

User-agent: Baiduspider

User-agent: Yandex

User-agent: Bingbot

User-agent: ia_archiver
Thank you I learnt something new. Explains why other web sites I've checked have no records.

•••
I am React Developer(JavaScript, nodejs, mongodb). I want to participate. But what actually do you want?

A blog / news sites?
or
A custom domaining related app that generates something?

I am currently working on a project on domain related.
namelooka.com

This is in beta though. I am working on this.

Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back