Dynadot

Look forward to this site!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Bob Hawkes

Top Member
NameTalent.com
Impact
I have held (and developed) a few domains for many years, but now in semi-retirement have purchased many more lately (and sold a few!). I have some expertise in traditional investment, and interested in seeing how principles of financial investment carry over to domain investment. Professionally, I was a research physicist and teacher, and look forward to applying some of those analysis skills to domain issues, that I look forward to sharing with the community here. My domain interests are primarily in new gTLDs and I am especially interested in domains related to investing, science, space, technology, and things Canadian. Look forward to interacting with others!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hey there @MetBob
coollogo_com-15260642.png

To the forum! Hope to see you around!

•••
Hello @MetBob !

Welcome aboard to NamePros! :)

•••
•••
•••
Thanks so much everyone for your well wishes! Such an active site here, it's fantastic!

•••
In addition to getting things for steal of deals prices, the knowledge here is priceless. You won't always agree with everyone, but everyone want to share their knowledge, domains that have personally helped me more than I ever thought they would and I'm grateful.

I'm grateful for making a NP account Nov 2, 2013. Although I have just 8 transactions to my name they more than made up for making a forum account here. I always see Quality names offered for sale at Bargain BIN Prices. Knowledge is free-flowing. The members here want to see others succeed.

Everyone from all levels from Beginners to CEO benefit from NamePROs :xf.grin:
It is truly wonderful to see such an active and helpful site, and I feel fortunate to now be a part of it! Thanks for the welcome and taking the time to express what the site has meant to you. Best wishes!

•••
Welcome! May you prosper and achieve all your dreams (y)

•••
Welcome to the forums! Let us know if we can be of any help.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Hi Bob .. and (a belated) welcome to NamePros from a fellow Canadian! :)

That's an interesting portfolio you have with lower than usual prices. Curious if you've have significantly higher volume thanks to your aggressive pricing?

Anyhow .. best of luck with your domains going forward! :)

•••
•••
•••
Hi Bob .. and (a belated) welcome to NamePros from a fellow Canadian! :)

That's an interesting portfolio you have with lower than usual prices. Curious if you've have significantly higher volume thanks to your aggressive pricing?

Anyhow .. best of luck with your domains going forward! :)

Hello fellow Canadian, and thank you for the welcome!

To answer your question, I view my place in the community as offering reasonably priced domains in some niche areas and domain name expressions. While I would love to occasionally sell to a major business, I see my potential client base as mainly small business, non-profits and organizations. So far I have (since late May when I got semi-serious and set up a website and listed most names on a marketplace) sold 16 domain names (15 new gTLD, one cc TLD), but all at the $-$$ range per name.

Some of the better names I have priced in $$ to mid $$$ range, but always keep something in the $ range so hopefully bargain hunters will come back.

My goal is to get enough revenue to fund some new purchases and the occasional renewal, which I am achieving so far. I have more sales than names I have let drop so far, and nothing more up for renewal before May 2018, so I am happy.

I realize a new website takes awhile to attract an audience, but have now reached the top 9 million sites globally in Alexa, so happy with that for a site just months old.

Thanks for your best wishes, and would appreciate any others to check out my site at namesthat.win or on our Efty at www.frugal.bid.

Best wishes with your domain investing, @Ategy.com !

Bob

•••
Welcome to NPs and goodluck !

•••
Do you think that the Universe is real
OK I needed to think about this for two and a half years to answer :xf.grin:, but I think the universe is real, and a beautiful, interesting universe it is! :xf.smile:
Bob

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back