IT.COM

Longest 'You're Call Is Important To Us' wait?

NameSilo
Watch
Having just waited 30 minutes on the telephone from Germany to the USA listening only to the drivel that comes from the mouth of the MyDomain member of staff who recorded their 'you're call is important to us' message, I wondered who has waited the longest to get through to a domain company's service team.

Is my 30 minutes normal or have people waited MUCH longer

Also, which domain company actually has the worst staff?

Oh, I ended up putting the phone down after 30 minutes realising I had totally wasted half an hour of what could have been an interesting life. I then sent an e-mail which, apparently, will be resolved within 24 hours.

ALL I wanted was the answer to a really simple (to them) question - one that couldn't be answered by their FAQs or anywhere on their website.

FInally - which domain company is the BEST to deal with. They might get some business from me now I have felt the pain of the waiting customer.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It would'nt be so bad if they played decent music while you waited....30 mins sounds pretty good !

I just had to drive a total of 20 miles over 2 days (to my parents) to fix his broadband connection, I'v spoken to 8 customer support staff including 2 supervisors in 2 different companies (BT & Orange), spent 2 hours waiting for a return call that never happened and approximately 2 1/2 hrs on the phone so far to get it "almost" sorted ....now I just have to wait anywhere up to 10 days for it to work. ;)

...ahhh, the wonders of modern technology and customer support, don't ya just love it :xf.love:

•••
This is why speakerphones are so important on a desk. You can just sit and work while it waits.

•••
This does annoy me. Actually I have not long blogged about it :gl:

Not sure on my longest time but I do know there have been too many minutes of my life wasted paying to hear some cr*ppy music :|

I love the way some companies are earning from keeping us waiting....

I would rather get the good old fashioned engaged tone back :tu:

•••
Generally, any recording that begins with "your call is important to us" means you'll have to wait forever, and will possibly be cut off after waiting.

The other one is "To better serve you, we...." which is followed by news of reduced service or a price hike.

I think Monty Python wrote the scripts for these.

•••
I have no time for companies that play games like this. I just take my business elsewhere.

Even more annoying than having little or no service is being sent one of those "customer surveys" from these moronic companies, as if i would waste 5 minutes more of my time filling in a survey your company will only ignore anyway.

Just to drop one name here........SEDO.

•••
1 hour and 40min to dell.

Now I build my own PCs

•••
The other one is "To better serve you, we...." which is followed by news of reduced service or a price hike.

I think Monty Python wrote the scripts for these.

I think you're right!

I was on one the other day that made you press a key every minute to REMAIN on hold. Talk about annoying.

The only thing worse than long waits on hold is when your call gets thrown into a multi-level automated menu maze, only to find that the reason you're calling isn't on any of the menus.

•••
i am lucky till date

just 21 mins of waiting was for me the longesT:)

•••
Funny, because i sent an email to Mydomain last week. No answer until today their response was (and I paraphrase):

"We are sorry for the delay, but we're really, really busy. If you still want an answer to your email, please send it again. We will ignore you if you don't resend your email to let us know you really, really want an answer, and will probably ignore you even f you resend it a dozen times
But were really sorry about that. and we care about your business!"

•••
In the car with a bluetooth on or at my desk with speaker phone I can wait a while, without either of those 2 things I think 10 minutes is my limit.

•••
2 days ago - 40mins - ISP :(

•••
I'm guessing they make ALOT of money from making people wait on the phone.

LOL, 10 days later and its just got fixed today :tu:

•••
I had longest call with Nokia Care where I was put on same position for 29 min.D-:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back