NameSilo

Longest running drop auction? Five Nines

Located in Domain Marketplace Reviews started by offthehandle, Mar 3, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. wwwweb

wwwweb Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Usually happens when the name expires, I have never seen it happen instantly at registration. I guess it all depends if you have verifiable whois data in place, or just plain BS data.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. offthehandle

offthehandle . Gold Account VIP

I have had it happen more than once, not at expiration. It was like some random whois audit or their software bug. I never complained to them, just refilled my already populated default info and thats that, had several with that red “x” also, I just ignored it, DNS was fine. Weird.

3. wwwweb

The red X, and the whois verification happen on expiration with me with .org's only.

I can't imagine now filling out the whois on a $36K domain you just bought. You would want to make sure everything is correct.

4. lock

lock PremiumNameDomain.com VIP

If you could just find two end users like this bidding for domains you own and get them bidding usually it is wholesalers offering a few chips.

5. offthehandle

It was a drop. One it looks to need the name, the winner thinks its worth that much.

6. wwwweb

Who pays $36K in a bidding war against an end user to list the name on afternic with a min offer price of $900? It is a strange scenario to say the least, what do they intent to get out of it, price wise, I hope FastCars is smart enough to sit this one out for a bit, unless the high bidder comes a knocking wanting to get his investment back somewhat.

7. offthehandle

No logic I agree, you have watched 420 and I know nothing of his history and I havent watched, did you ever see him go 5 figures on other names? Or is this brand new?

I commented only because I thought the last poster didnt read the entire thread and he assumed it was a private listed auction.

8. offthehandle

Yea, 36k with separate account, bad or a typo whois, wow.

The red X, come to think of it they were .orgs. Never concluded that before, thanks. Still what the X meant, no idea, whois was fine and same the others.

9. offthehandle

@wwwweb

Checkout Altamira and the series of redirects, and then iomega. Appear same crap, betting, etc. Weird. Who parks like this these days?

FieldCreek.com is also suspended right now.

10. wwwweb

Yes, fieldcreek.com was won same day as fivenines.com. Who spends $10K on iomega to do that, unless they see a lot of traffic, and think some fool is going to click thru it all. I am still trying to figure out why someone spends $36K on fivenines.com, then goes off the grid, bidding on $200-300 domains, not pushing the envelope on the big ticket domains like they once did, and there have been a few good ones to go thru the system.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  11. offthehandle

@wwwweb 2 more days, still suspended both domains.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice