IT.COM

Longest name I've ever seen

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I'm in Hungary right now and decided to have a look (and not only) at Hungarian wines last weekend. In many local pubs, there were posters on the walls with the longest DN I've ever seen being used, it's exactly 30 characters long (without the .ext), here you go:

www.outoxazalkoholsemlegesitoital.hu

outox appears to be a drink, which helps your body to burn alcohol faster, helping to avoid hangover. The phrase itself would in Hungarian be: "outox - az alkoholsemlegesítő ital" meaning roughly "outox - the drink which helps to neutralize alcohol". And these guys seem to market their product with such a name in all seriousness! BTW, the IDN version of this one is too long to be registered!

I must say I had a really good laugh. I remembered the name and even checked their site!!! Maybe that's the trick?

This made me to think that maybe such horribly long names really work in a way. And maybe these guys aren't so dumb after all. Outox.hu is registered and the registrant seems not to be the same. So, if they would have something like outoxital.hu, they would definitely lose much traffic to outox.hu, but with the name they have now (and it's very visible on those posters), I think they catch attention and peple will remember the name. Or am I totally wrong?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What if surfers remember the name, but forget the ext?

outoxazalkoholsemlegesitoital.com is available :laugh:

•••
Even though the name is long, as long as the words are easy to remember, it
shouldn't be much of a problem.

Want a longer one? Here you go!

bruceleebiographykingdragonbynormanborine.com.

I was doing some research on Bruce Lee and came across that one. :laugh:

•••
I think the limit for TLDs is 63 characters?

A propos,

careerjobsopendreamsearchhrnetworkemploymentworkmonsterdicehire.com

is set to drop on 8 October. Wouldn't want to be the poor, misguided individual who payed good money to reggie that one for however many years :ghost:

•••
•••
I own "ThisIsTheLongestDomainNameThatICouldThinkOf.com". 43 characters:).

True_Snake

•••
Thats a nice one! :bingo:
I think the only problem with such names is that they have absolutely no reseller value. And I doubt they would have any end user value either, for I can't see why I couldn't reg ThisisthelongestdomainnameYOUcouldthinkof.com instead which is free, or something like this. The problem is that you really have thousands of names to choose from, if its longer than...let's say 15 chars. But when you decide to promote something with such a name, it may easily work, even if people think of it as a joke.

True_Snake said:
I own "ThisIsTheLongestDomainNameThatICouldThinkOf.com". 43 characters:).

True_Snake

•••
I lost it in the auction :'(

Lind, sordof like seewhathappens.com

•••
Yeah I know they have little if no resale value. But I got it in an auction on this site, so it was literally free. I didn't pay for the NP$, just earned them from posting.

True_Snake

•••
True_Snake said:
Yeah I know they have little if no resale value. But I got it in an auction on this site, so it was literally free. I didn't pay for the NP$, just earned them from posting.

True_Snake
hmm time is money mate

•••
•••
•••
someone wanted an appraisal of supercalifragiliticexpalidotious.com here once :gn:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back