Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Lol@vbulletin

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Host47

Established Member
Impact
27
I received an email from vbulltin this morning saying I could upgrade my leased license to an owned license for just $85, now I already paid $85 for my leased license, that plus the $85 they say I can upgrade for totals $170, now if I had purchased an owned license to start with it would have been $160, so go figure..lol
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
I think it's just an offer in case you changed your mind. Instead of splashing out a $160 for a lifetime license they send you the offer in case you want to upgrade your current license to a lifetime license!
 
0
•••
Agree, and hey....it's there way of saying, "this will teach you to be a cheap ass!"
 
0
•••
talkfreelance said:
Agree, and hey....it's there way of saying, "this will teach you to be a cheap ass!"
lol :)
 
0
•••
They have a point!
 
0
•••
ReaperUK said:
I received an email from vbulltin this morning saying I could upgrade my leased license to an owned license for just $85, now I already paid $85 for my leased license, that plus the $85 they say I can upgrade for totals $170, now if I had purchased an owned license to start with it would have been $160, so go figure..lol

They've always done it like that and I guess it's the best option for them to make money. Let's say you were considering getting vB but you didn't want to fork over the $160, so you only go with one year for $85. Now, say you end up not liking it, well, at least they've gotten $85 rather than $0 if you didn't want to spend that extra money. If you end up liking it, you fork over another $85 to get the owned license. I'm sure a lot of people that wouldn't normally pay $160 for this software would pay the $85 to try it out for a year and decide that way, most of them probably liking it since it's quality software, and then upgrading to an owned.
 
0
•••
it always good to get the owned VB license from the outset if one is serious about starting a forum. otherwise i would just use the free software for testing!
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

More data. Your data. See what is new
Major update
We have made a number of features available to provide sellers more data for their domains and inquiries, and greater access to the data...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back