Established Member
Impact
Hi NPers!

What do you think about this logo?

Thanks!

FYI - Sorry about the low resolution.

^30D224029CEF5BA20E2DA3BB5483B70E39B4E923171DB34B9F^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello, Nickia. Beautiful name.

Unfortunately, I think it could use a lot of work. I'm not really sure what the icon is or how it represents the site name. The font doesn't seem to fit either. The colors are okay.

•••
Well, the icon in the front represents a rabbit and since the name is FunFacts.net, I thought it would be a nice "fun" touch. I am going more for the minimalist look.

•••
•••
I did not recognize the rabbit until you post about it, so the fun did not really appear to me at a glance.

I suggest you have a look at brandbucket logos for similar domains (fun subject). You can also look at namerific or similar places. They often have very simple, yet great logos.

•••
looking well its nice logo.

•••
The rabbit looks scared. It doesn't portray "fun". Try to put a smile on him and/or get him to stick his tongue out. A nose and some whiskers would help the viewer recognize it as a rabbit as well. If you can center the rabbit on top of the domain name, and make him a bit bigger, it would look much better IMO.

The font is half straight and half rounded. It has an awkward effect. Try to make it all rounded, and a lot more bubbly, to liven things up. Connect the a's and e's, to make it flow.

The colours black and orange, are dreary. Try to use little to no black, especially on the word "fun". Orange can work, but that particular orange has a "pylon effect". It'll subconsciously make the viewer cautious. Use a different shade/tone or a more friendly colour. Red could be a good addition.

That said, it's pretty good logo. I think it's a good decision to go for minimalism. The blue really pops, and it has a fun, exciting, effect. The flopped ear is a good touch too. It loosens up the vibe.

I'd say you're headed in the right direction. :)

G'Luck!

•••
The Logo is OK. You can remove the .net to make it more cute.
'Cos the domain extension is .net, don't forget to add BookMark this site link somewhere on top of the page.

•••
Too squashed. Needs some space to help it breathe a bit.
Not a fan of the font.
Make the rabbit have the same colour eyes and give it a smile.

All the best.

•••
Well it looks great until I thought of an 8-bit pixel character which actually is a rabbit :).
Otherwise, great job!

•••
Thanks for making me stressed guys! :) lol jk. Thank you all, seriously. You pointed out some things that I never thought about before. Now I don't know what to do :S

•••
•••
That is certainly much much better than the first one you posted

•••
Hi dear, I think I like this one :)

•••

On another note, though like I said it is much much better than the first one, I would suggest you try like using one F to represent both words since now the upper part makes it seem as if it is EUN instead of FUN.

Something like

Attachments

• fanfacts.jpg
    fanfacts.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
•••
•••
1st one might look like flipping a bird.

2nd too funky of a F font, ultra basic design

•••
1st one might look like flipping a bird.

2nd too funky of a F font, ultra basic design
I like the last one though. I don't see anything wrong with having a basic logo because many big companies are going with basic. For example facebook, amazon, microsoft, buzzfeed, dailymail and many others. It seems that ''FunFacts'' looks good with lobster font and the font is very popular, it's for a reason.

•••
•••
I like the last one though. I don't see anything wrong with having a basic logo because many big companies are going with basic. For example facebook, amazon, microsoft, buzzfeed, dailymail and many others. It seems that ''FunFacts'' looks good with lobster font and the font is very popular, it's for a reason.

1) Billion dollar companies that use what you may think of as a "basic logo" (i actually said ultra-) are very much tested and these companies dont need to differentiate themselves from the average 5 min wordpress sites..

2) It doesn't matter how popular the font is. The fact is this F is over worked. It both confusing as a identifiable letter, plus doing double duty for both words.

I would rather use the first logo but tweak it.

Also remember we are looking at the round one HUGE, the first logo will probably look much better in a typical website left banner.

Good Luck.

Last edited:
•••
I'd avoid Lobster as much as possible, that font was way too popular for about six months in 2011, and is now a symbol of amateur design. Sorry to be harsh! Don't use Lobster! There are many better fonts that can accomplish the same thing.

•••
Nothing wrong with a basic logo as long as it's well done. The problem with these logos isn't that they're basic, it's that they need a lot of refinement. "Basic" is actually the best way to differentiate yourself from the majority of 5 minute wordpress sites.

I generally (always) avoid using drop caps to begin two different lines with the same letter. It's impossible to do well. The dropcap gets so large that the entire thing is unevenly weighted. If you lighten the weight of the dropcap, the eye still reads it as a different weight as the rest of the text, because it is. It's also often confusing to many people who don't have English as a first language, and there are many domainers with English as a second language.

Also, kind of a separate issue, but the "Fun Facts" in a circle, with .net outside, will not work well in multiple orientations. Try to find a solution that will work in a horizontal orientation, and can then be stacked to create a vertical lockup. When designing for the web, this is key, because horizontal is often used for desktop views, and vertical logos often used for mobile.

•••
1) Billion dollar companies that use what you may think of as a "basic logo" (i actually said ultra-) are very much tested and these companies dont need to differentiate themselves from the average 5 min wordpress sites..

2) It doesn't matter how popular the font is. The fact is this F is over worked. It both confusing as a identifiable letter, plus doing double duty for both words.

I would rather use the first logo but tweak it.

Also remember we are looking at the round one HUGE, the first logo will probably look much better in a typical website left banner.

Good Luck.
:)

•••
*sigh* To Fiverr I go.

No hard feelings, Johname.

•••
Did you do the first one yourself?

•••
Back