IT.COM

new gtlds .Loan and .Loans

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
It was the sale by donuts of Home.Loans January 18, 2018 for 500K that's had Bulloney going "loan crazy"
From Refund.Loans to TaxRefund.Loans to NationalHome.Loans to JumboMortgage.Loans there's no way imho, an aggressive marketing effort with the backing of someone like a Wells Fargo or Bank Of America can't put the .loan(s) nTLD on the Domain Map. I started this thread to see who's interested in getting in on the ground floor of .loan(s) extensions. Pros and Cons welcome, but please research how HUGE this industry is before you comment. Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Joe, sorry I somehow missed this. I unfortunatelly do not discuss my sales publicly, only to friends. I work mostly directly with end users, I connect on personal level with most of them. I am not afraid to get on phone and have longer conversation about new gTLDs. If someone contact me via some venue I process this as well of course, but I really like to know who my buyer is. I do not sell my names cheaply, as I have renewals to pay and I am not charity :)
For such a huge advocate of gTLDs, I find it surprising that you aren't promoting these sales publicly. Seems like the only logical thing to do for someone with a gTLD based portfolio.... :xf.cool:O_o

•••
For such a huge advocate of gTLDs, I find it surprising that you aren't promoting these sales publicly. Seems like the only logical thing to do for someone with a gTLD based portfolio.... :xf.cool:O_o
I am huge advocate, but I am private investor, I am not in any way connected to any registry and registrar. It is their task to promote new gTLDs and make sales public. For me as a private person, it would be just a huge inconvenience and potential problems with my buyers as well, If I report the sale and someone start to bully the buyer in the style "they are stupid, they should better invest in good legacy extension name, etc". No need to for that, honestly :)

•••
THIS >>
If I report the sale and someone start to bully the buyer in the style "they are stupid, they should better invest in good legacy extension name, etc".
(y)

•••
I am huge advocate, but I am private investor, I am not in any way connected to any registry and registrar. It is their task to promote new gTLDs and make sales public. For me as a private person, it would be just a huge inconvenience and potential problems with my buyers as well, If I report the sale and someone start to bully the buyer in the style "they are stupid, they should better invest in good legacy extension name, etc". No need to for that, honestly :)

Do businesses get a lot of emails from domain extension bullies? :)

•••

This >> is nonsense, gone over before.

If there were big sales, it would be posted all over this forum. Most are probably non-existent or very small. Nobody is going to want to post small sales, much better to try to keep the illusion up.

Last edited:
•••
The poor Home.Loans buyer must be getting bullied then I'm sure... :S

•••
The poor Home.Loans buyer must be getting bullied then I'm sure... :S
please do not spam the home.loans buyer. he do not need any .loans domains.

•••
I am joining the club here :) There is no doubt in my mind that if home / loans sold fo 500k, there can be potential for that niche in years to come...

Some of my beautiful .loans names, all with standard .loans renewals
(ok, 3 plurals where not needed to be, but I am late in the game here, unfortunately):
My experience so far is that most end users are not aware of .loans yet, but when you tell them, you almost always get attention. Best venue for that is definitely LinkedIn, digital marketing SVPs and similar can understand the concept quickly. Just started to experiment with this particular extension and its marketing few days ago, so I guess I will know more in next few months.

Also remember guys, .loans is kind of narrow extension, so some really great terms (combos) and that is it.

Nice Collection

•••
I’m in partnership on :
car.loans
Online.loans
Fha.loans
Sba.loans

I own:

sameday.loans
Rv.loans
HomeImprovement.loans
Motorcycle.loans
Ag.loans
NewCar.loans
Snowmobile.loans
MotorHome.loans
FarmLand.loans
Condo.loans
LakeHouse.loans

•••
Having said that. I did bid 10K for Business.Loans at NamesCon.. I would consider Business.Loans up there with Home.Loans though.

I feel that only the very very best of these names have high end-user potential.

The combination has to be perfect.

Nice to know who was bidding on my name:)

As an investor in this space and having sold mortgage.loans as well as many other new gTLD domains I can tell you there is a market/aftermarket but it's still very very early.

Before anyone asks under the terms of the deal I can't reveal the amount mortgage.loans sold for but it was a very fair deal for both me and the buyer imo. I wish I could make it public as these larger dollar private sales would help drive up the value of premium gTLD domains.

•••
I was very lucky to recently acquire nice.loans - after a member here at Namepros pointed out that name is available to reg :)

Portfolio_Dot_Loans.JPG

•••
Margin.loans, the only .loans domain I own.

Margin loans are money that an investor borrows from a broker to buy securities.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back