IT.COM

LLLL Scammer a Reputable DP Member & Identified - 99% Positive.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Okay,

I looked up Whois information on a LOAD of the stolen domains from the "shibuyajpn" guy and guess what I found..

99% of them have the following information in common:

Registrant:
Mehboob Charania
216 Willow Pointe Dr.
League City, Texas 77573
United States
[email protected]

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: MZZV.COM
Created on: 21-Sep-06
Expires on: 21-Sep-08
Last Updated on: 10-Feb-08

Administrative Contact:
Charania, Mehboob
216 Willow Pointe Dr.
League City, Texas 77573
United States
8322760754 Fax --
[email protected]

Technical Contact:
Charania, Mehboob
216 Willow Pointe Dr.
League City, Texas 77573
United States
8322760754 Fax --
[email protected]

Domain servers in listed order:
NS43.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
NS44.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Now, guess what? I looked up '[email protected]' on Google and came up with a link to a Digital Point post where a very reputable member was buying "All of Your LLLL.coms for $50 each". This member, avis03, has over 1k posts and a very high iTrader rating. He/she uses the email '[email protected]' in their posts on Digital Point (link: click)-- the same email currently listed as the Administrative Contact on 90+% of the stolen domains.

The user, avis03, is offering to buy bulk LLLL.com domains for $50 apiece (link: click - from yesterday!), the very same tactic used by this scammer. So, it appears that our LLLL.com scammer is a member of the Digital Point forums. There is also a member 'avis03' here on NamePros with a closed account, but take a look at their posts: Click Here -- poor grammar, all lowercase letters, very unprofessional.. Does something ring a bell here?

It appears that one reputable member of the domain community is responsible for all of these scams. Hopefully this can be looked into and somebody with some power here can contact the administrator of Digital Point to open a full investigation.

Also, mods, please check for any logged IPs of the user 'avis03' here. They posted on dates ranging from today back to 2006 so perhaps their real IP (i.e. not a proxy) is listed on an older post.

NOTE: As I was typing this I found a Myspace page registered with the email [email protected]. The link is here and it's stated to be a 'Houston, TX' profile. The name on the profile is none other than 'Avis'.

Case closed?

EDIT: Yup, this HAS to be the guy. Take a look at this:

eBay Listings: eBay user avis03's profile - Hmm, bulk auction listings of LLLL's hosted at Godaddy, huh?
eBay Feedback: click.

Let the lawsuits begin?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
VYFX said:
Okay,

I looked up Whois information on a LOAD of the stolen domains from the "shibuyajpn" guy and guess what I found..

99% of them have the following information in common:

Now, guess what? I looked up '[email protected]' on Google and came up with a link to a Digital Point post where a very reputable member was buying "All of Your LLLL.coms for $50 each". This member, avis03, has over 1k posts and a very high iTrader rating. He/she uses the email '[email protected]' in their posts on Digital Point (link: click)-- the same email currently listed as the Administrative Contact on 90+% of the stolen domains.

The user, avis03, is offering to buy bulk LLLL.com domains for $50 apiece (link: click - from yesterday!), the very same tactic used by this scammer. So, it appears that our LLLL.com scammer is a member of the Digital Point forums. There is also a member 'avis03' here on NamePros with a closed account, but take a look at their posts: Click Here -- poor grammar, all lowercase letters, very unprofessional.. Does something ring a bell here?

It appears that one reputable member of the domain community is responsible for all of these scams. Hopefully this can be looked into and somebody with some power here can contact the administrator of Digital Point to open a full investigation.

Also, mods, please check for any logged IPs of the user 'avis03' here. They posted on dates ranging from today back to 2006 so perhaps their real IP (i.e. not a proxy) is listed on an older post.

NOTE: As I was typing this I found a Myspace page registered with the email [email protected]. The link is here and it's stated to be a 'Houston, TX' profile. The name on the profile is none other than 'Avis'.

Case closed?

EDIT: Yup, this HAS to be the guy. Take a look at this:

eBay Listings: eBay user avis03's profile - Hmm, bulk auction listings of LLLL's hosted at Godaddy, huh?
eBay Feedback: click.

Let the lawsuits begin?

great info & yes he's a member of DP, on DP he contacted me originally w/ the username: linksys9 and asked to talk on msn, i said i have aim or yahoo so we talked on aim, he was GEARHUT100, after the "deal" he left me itrader on DP as "creampie" which i then realized i got worked. What amazed me is that he already had 3 negatives as creampie as a "scammer" but wasnt banned there.....amazing.

•••
Are any of those domains being sold on Ebay confirmed stolen? Someone should run through them and see if one of their's is on there. Nice work VFYX

•••
bgmv said:
Are any of those domains being sold on Ebay confirmed stolen? Someone should run through them and see if one of their's is on there. Nice work VFYX
Yup, look: http://forums.DigitalPoint/showthread.php?p=6494105

Some of the domains listed as stolen are now for sale on avis03's eBay account (for example, PWSU.com). This is the guy, I am absolutely 100% positive. Have fun suing him/her, they're in for a RUDE awakening.

•••
interesting find guys, did a reverse address look up for that address you found & got this from superpages.com

Mehboob Charania
216 Willow Pointe Dr
League City, TX 77573-6808
(281) 557-XXXX
Find Neighbors

Last edited:
•••
http://forums.DigitalPoint/showthread.php?t=698506

linksys9, The guy who scammed itemline (20 LLLL.Coms) dealing with this guy, means sold domains to avis03.. and left itrader comment 'Fast legit payment'

linksys9 bought 4 world of warcraft gamecards
(reminds me filipino guy and that mail id)

http://forums.DigitalPoint/showthread.php?t=471484

•••
hahahaha i just called & a young girl w/ a slightly asian/phillipine accent ansewered...i asked for "mehboob" and she said he' wouldnt be home til 7pm!!!!

we might have this guy!!!

•••
•••
think its also worth listing the domains we all had stolen, here are my 20:

DJGV(dot)com
MXXE(dot)com
MZZV(dot)com
NKKU(dot)com
RVUL(dot)com
RVVU(dot)com
SFUV(dot)com
TAVJ(dot)com
TBJU(dot)com
TJEV(dot)com

YIZS(dot)COM
YIZX(dot)COM
JVJC(dot)COM
MCJV(dot)COM
MCKV(dot)COM
MVJX(dot)COM
PWSU(dot)COM
JCKV(dot)COM
JCMV(dot)COM
KVJC(dot)COM

i just called icann & they said basically:
outside their scope, they handle more of the 'backend" of things.

said to contact
local police
fbi
states attorney general
my attorney

also said to fwd all godaddy correspondance to this specific address as they are very interested to see how the godaddy consumers are not being helped.

fwd information to: [email protected]

Last edited:
•••
Very funny turn of events here. Get this:

I just contacted the phone number in the Whois copy I posted above and left a message explaining who I was and that I was calling in regards to multiple stolen domain names being sold on eBay registered with their phone number. I then receive a return call just a minute later and let them leave a message.

I recorded the call (I'll post the .mp3 shortly). They basically told me they purchased all of the names registered under that address for $900, and also more domains in a seperate sale for a little over $200. I was told that they would return the domains to the rightful owners but they'd then be out $1,000+. They also stated they had no idea the names were stolen.

Hmm, highly unlikely. Everything about 'avis03' points to Texas, and if the domains WERE in fact sold just yesterday then why is the administrative email still that of avis03 (i.e. the scammer)? The person who talked to me spoke fluent English, while everything leading to avis03, including the name 'Mehboob' and the picture on their Myspace, leads to a foreign individual.

Also, about ten minutes ago my father called me asking if I was signing up for a new Verizon account. I said no, and he told me somebody was currently in a Verizon store or online trying to sign up for a new cell phone under my number. This was about ten minutes after I called 'Mehboob'. I don't know if this is related but if not it is a VERY shady coincidence.

Very interesting. It sounds like they found themselves caught in a rut when I let them know they were discovered. Again, I'll post the .mp3 later but I have to do my radio show now.

Farewell,
VYFX

•••
look what was just posted on DP:

#39 Today, 1:58 pm
avis03
Spirit Walker Join Date: Jan 2006

Hey, this is Mehboob Charania. I bought these domains from the scammer yesterday. I have contacted my bank to do a chargeback for these domains and I will give you all your domains back.

Please contact me via AIM - id: cybershadow05

I had no idea these domains were stolen when I bought them. Thanks.

•••
itemline said:
look what was just posted on DP:

#39 Today, 1:58 pm
avis03
Spirit Walker Join Date: Jan 2006

Hey, this is Mehboob Charania. I bought these domains from the scammer yesterday. I have contacted my bank to do a chargeback for these domains and I will give you all your domains back.

Please contact me via AIM - id: cybershadow05

I had no idea these domains were stolen when I bought them. Thanks.
There is no way. Take a look:

The current eBay auction including some (all?) stolen names: Click Here NOTE: DO NOT BID ON THIS AUCTION
*Note that the seller only has a 84.7% positive feedback rating. Nothing new..*

After doing a Whois search on the names in there the registrant is Mehboob. Also, the name 'avis03' is purchasing bulk amounts of LLLL names on Digital Point, and also has been faking transactions with the name 'linksys9' (known scammer) to make it appear as if he is legit. Linksys9 posted a reply of something along the lines of, "Thanks for the transaction!" to make it appear as if he was legit.

If he returns the domains, fine. But the bottom line is that this has to be the individual responsible for thieving the names... It's inconceivable for there to be anybody else responsible.

And if avis03 DID buy the names FROM the scammer, you don't think the scammer would really sell the names for $50 apiece do you? Everyone and their grandmother knows LLLL's can sell for $60+.

Last edited:
•••
For what its worth, i've had my 20 returned me from "avis03", he also asked that i post on here saying that i did receive them....i told him i would post that he returned them to me and that i am back in possession of them and would share the conversation we had on IM, but that he's got some explaining to do as to why so many signs point to him w/ the other stolen domains.

Here is my convo with him from just moments ago:
Itemline: do you have my 20 domains?
Itemline: i'll tell u this right now, either i get them back or my attorney will be on you by mid week, no threat, its pure truth and she specializes on internet crimes and business
Itemline: i've already placed a call to your home today & spoke w/ a young woman, so we have your address & phone
cybershadow05: hey
cybershadow05: this is mehboob yes
cybershadow05: and thats my ifno
cybershadow05: please tell me the 20 domains
cybershadow05: which are yours
cybershadow05: I bought 20 yesterday from him for $900.
cybershadow05: I am willing to give the domains back ofcourse
Itemline: this is wagz from DP
Itemline: DJGV(dot)com
MXXE(dot)com
MZZV(dot)com
NKKU(dot)com
RVUL(dot)com
RVVU(dot)com
SFUV(dot)com
TAVJ(dot)com
TBJU(dot)com
TJEV(dot)com

YIZS(dot)COM
YIZX(dot)COM
JVJC(dot)COM
MCJV(dot)COM
MCKV(dot)COM
MVJX(dot)COM
PWSU(dot)COM
JCKV(dot)COM
JCMV(dot)COM
KVJC(dot)COM

cybershadow05: but would like to work with you and your lawyer
Itemline: those are my 20
cybershadow05: yes, I have all those
cybershadow05: I can email u the godaddy email
cybershadow05: which i got
cybershadow05: which have those domain names in there
cybershadow05: and dat
cybershadow05: and time
cybershadow05: which i got the transfer
cybershadow05: also paypal confirmatione mail
cybershadow05: if u dont believe me
Itemline: i'm beyond iritated at this point, its taken a ton of time of mine, i've been scammed, calls to ICANN as well as Godaddy, my attorney is now involved
Itemline: i want my domains back regardless, the only question is if i continue w/ my attorney
cybershadow05: yes dude, I will give you the domains back
cybershadow05: but give me your email
Itemline: sean@xxxxx
cybershadow05: ok check your emails
cybershadow05: i have sent u the 2 emails
cybershadow05: 1 from godaddy with both transid and pass
cybershadow05: and 1 from paypal
cybershadow05: confirming
cybershadow05: what I have said
cybershadow05: and why would I have my correct info if I stole the domains on my whois??
cybershadow05: I will give you the domains back, but can you help me get my money back as well?
cybershadow05: i started bank chargeback
cybershadow05: they said they will look into it
cybershadow05: can I give them your phone number?
Itemline: who's #?
cybershadow05: your phone number
cybershadow05: my bank will call you
cybershadow05: so they know that indeed these domains were stolen
cybershadow05: and I gave them back to you
Itemline: why are they going to contact me?
cybershadow05: because I put in a chargeback for the $900
Itemline: you are in possession of fraudulently stolen goods?
cybershadow05: yes, give me your godaddy info
cybershadow05: ill send u the domains now
Itemline: they can contact me to verfiy i had these domains fradulently taken from me
cybershadow05: ok
cybershadow05: thanks
cybershadow05: thats all i want
Itemline: sean@xxxxx is my godaddy email
cybershadow05: when my bank calls to see that these domains were initially yours
cybershadow05: and we both were scammed
cybershadow05: you tell them complete story
cybershadow05: so I can get my 900 back as well
Itemline: Sean Wagner

Blacksburg, VA 24060
540-381-XXXX
Itemline: thats my godaddy info
cybershadow05: aite sending the domains now
Itemline: i would suggest you get on some of these threads and try to clarify some things
Itemline: there are several dozen people that want to sue
cybershadow05: yes, please help me out on there
cybershadow05: as i am stuck with these problems by just buying domains :(
cybershadow05: not to mention possible moeny loss
Itemline: there's only so much i'm willing to help with, i just got taken and have lost about 10hrs of my time on this
Itemline: i would respond in these threads if you want to help yourself
Itemline: assuming you send my 20 back i'll post that you gave me my domains back, which will look good for you
Itemline: http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?p=2537131#post2537131

cybershadow05: yea 1 sec sending them back now
Itemline: http://www.namepros.com/427617-new-llll-com-scammer-on-dp-3.html

Itemline: and the DP thread you're already in
cybershadow05: yes, please do respond, and ofcourse to my bank when they call u
Itemline: i will be happy to state that the domains were fradulently aquired from me and how they were
cybershadow05: give me a couple mins, transfering them to u now
Itemline: will wait
cybershadow05: ugh, everytime i check some domains of urs from first page and go to next page, first page checked ones dissapears. are all ur domains almost with the same expiry date?
cybershadow05: or is it ok if i send them to u in a couple transactions?
cybershadow05: guess they are, 1 sec, u should get email in a bit from godaddy
Itemline: a few transactions is fine
cybershadow05: aite done, please post on np and dp, and please delete my whois info from those forums since ure the one who have posted it
Itemline: checking emails
Itemline: 1 of the other main people that was going to be part of this law suit said she got taken yesterday for these, do you have these: GQOC.COM, NQAX.COM, QEVG.COM, QAXH.COM

cybershadow05: nope i dont have those
cybershadow05: i only got 2 other LLLL.com from him
cybershadow05: 1 sec ill get u those names so u can see whos they are
cybershadow05: but i have nothing more
cybershadow05: i found the other owner as well
cybershadow05: VYKC.COM VYWV.COM
cybershadow05: those are the other 2 LLLL.com
Itemline: ok, looks like she will have to continue to pursue all avenues
cybershadow05: please post on DP and np though that I dont have anything else
cybershadow05: and not to come out to get me lol
cybershadow05: and please delete my whois info u posted
cybershadow05: i have posted on DP the other domains i have left
cybershadow05: please post that on NP as well
cybershadow05: and tell them to contact me here on aim if any of them are theirs
Itemline: i will post that i received my domains back and the content of this conversation so people can see that you returned my domains
Itemline: but i would highly recommend you help others w/ their search for "the real scammer" since you dont have the other domains in question but a lot of the signs people found pointed to you
cybershadow05: please remove my whois though as i dont want that info on the forums getting indexed
cybershadow05: well the only sign was the whois of the domains i bought
cybershadow05: sent u the 900 transaction domain
cybershadow05: sent part of 215 transaction domain back
cybershadow05: and other part is posted on dp
cybershadow05: of what i still have

Last edited:
•••
See, if he truly did purchase them not knowing they were stolen he wouldn't simply send the domains to some random person claiming they were theirs. Anyone in their right mind would investigate first and contact the original seller to see what happened, or at least take more than twenty minutes to work things out.

The evidence here and in the post you made proves that this individual stole the names. It's absolutely downright blatant and if anyone can't see it then they really need to get their eyes checked.

Again, nobody would return 20 LLLL.com names to a random individual without full undeniable proof that they were the original Administrative Contact on the domain. This individual stole the names, got caught, and now wants his personal information removed from the site so it is not indexed and he does not look bad. My post won't be edited at all until either pigs fly or he returns every single LLLL he's ever stolen. If he doesn't have the LLLL.coms anymore he better reimburse the funds to the original domain owners.

•••
hey, this is avis03, my id was banned.

VYFX, I am not the scammer, I dont think a scammer who has scammed this many people will leave their whois info for everyone to see.

Please understand that I am just a victim of all this as I bought these domains from the scammer yesteday.

As for the 20 domains, I did not just randomly give it to him. I asked him what domains were stolen from him and then I verified that I indeed did get those domains. he could not have just pulled 20 random names out of nowhere and all of them I got from the scammer.

Trust me, I made sure of who owned it before I give it to them.

Thanks

•••
Not to defend the acussed but as a side note. I think a scammer would sell LLLL.coms for $50 each, maybe even $35 each. It is better to be quick, accepting lower offers and get away with it than to wait for the better offers and get caught.

I'm so mad... about all these scammers but am happy that you all are gettin your names back..

I also feel bad for the stolen PayPal account holders whom this is happening to. I contacted both of the paypal emails on file of the accounts that were used to try and scam me. Even though they eventually get money back from PayPal it does not cover any late fees, or over draft charges that happen to them.
Here is what one lady replied just hours ago:

Stolen PayPal Account Holder said:
Hi Richard,

I wanted to thank you, for notifying me and helping to get this resolved as soon as we did. I was able to stop the payment before it went through my bank. Thanks goodness! I am a stay at home mom of three and cannot afford to have someone take any amount of money from us. Thanks for being on top of this and helping me solve an issue that could of been really ugly. I did make a few calls to see if I could have this guy investigated and was very unsuccessful do to the fact that he is international. Seems like as soon as I said Romania, they were no longer interested in the information. My father is a chief of police in my area and he is not even able to help because of the international thing. No wonder he continues to do this- he must know this! Well, again thanks for your help, me and my entire family appreciate what you have done.

The above referenced scammer was this guy:

Emails:
[email protected] / blackice @ sheknows.com
[email protected] / indianbetiv @ gmail.com / indian betiv

Alias:
Heather Jordan

Profile:
http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cach...--Profile-html+indianbetiv&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1

Call this PayPal phone number and report the stolen email address so they can freeze it ASAP!:

(402)935-2100
Call Center Inbound Call Center
Premier Services Line

Last edited:
•••
GreenGambler said:
I agree. If I bought 20 domain names, legitly and then a few days later was told by a group of domainers that they were stolen names and that I needed to return them, I would do ALOT of investigaing before I did anything.
You can tell, this guy is guilty and it's probably the same guy that tried to scam me here...

Also, not to defend the acussed but as a side note. I think a scammer would sell LLLL.coms for $50 each, maybe even $35 each. It is better to be quick, accepting lower offers and get away with it than to wait for the better offers and get caught.

I'm so mad... about all these scammers but am happy that you all are gettin your names back..

I also feel for the stolen PayPal account holders whom this is happening to. I contacted both of the paypal emails on file of the accounts that were used to try and scam me. Even though they eventually get money back from PayPal it does not cover any late fees, or over draft charges that happen to them.
Here is what one lady replied just hours ago:

please look at the AIM convo I had with the owner of the 20 domains. I asked him what domains he owned. I did not give him a list of domains I owned and tell him to pick 20 from them.

And I got some more from this scammer as well which I have returned and am in process of returning and all these people with high reps will not lie. On DP, I have 40 itrader and am reputable, would never do such a thing.

•••
VYFX said:
See, if he truly did purchase them not knowing they were stolen he wouldn't simply send the domains to some random person claiming they were theirs. Anyone in their right mind would investigate first and contact the original seller to see what happened, or at least take more than twenty minutes to work things out.

The evidence here and in the post you made proves that this individual stole the names. It's absolutely downright blatant and if anyone can't see it then they really need to get their eyes checked.

Again, nobody would return 20 LLLL.com names to a random individual without full undeniable proof that they were the original Administrative Contact on the domain. This individual stole the names, got caught, and now wants his personal information removed from the site so it is not indexed and he does not look bad. My post won't be edited at all until either pigs fly or he returns every single LLLL he's ever stolen. If he doesn't have the LLLL.coms anymore he better reimburse the funds to the original domain owners.

i tend to agree, i think everyone needs to get their domains back or heads should still roll. I think godaddy has also been shown to have horrible service and a blatant loophole that allows for this scam and that should be pursued as well in my opinion.

I will say that avis03 did fwd me his paypal receipt & godaddy change of ownership showing he paid for my domains to the "scammer" yesterday, all of which appears to ahve been about 9-10hrs after i was scammed out of them:

Dear Mehboob Charania,

Your payment for $900.00 USD to [email protected] has been sent.

It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in the Recent Activity list on your Account Overview.

-----------------------------------
Payment Details
-----------------------------------

Amount: $900.00 USD

Transaction ID: 6UH8413742142554G

and the godaddy change of ownership email for my 20 from the scammer:

=============================================================
CHANGE OF REGISTRANT PENDING
=============================================================

Dear Mehboob Charania,

The registrant of the following domain name(s):

DJGV(dot)com
MXXE(dot)com
MZZV(dot)com
NKKU(dot)com
RVUL(dot)com
RVVU(dot)com
SFUV(dot)com
TAVJ(dot)com
TBJU(dot)com
TJEV(dot)com

YIZS(dot)COM
YIZX(dot)COM
JVJC(dot)COM
MCJV(dot)COM
MCKV(dot)COM
MVJX(dot)COM
PWSU(dot)COM
JCKV(dot)COM
JCMV(dot)COM
KVJC(dot)COM

has initiated a process by which you will become the registrant of the domain name(s).

IMPORTANT: You must complete all of the steps below before the domain can become active in your account.

-------------------------------------------------------------
You may be asked to log in to your account. To safely log in:

1. Go to the GoDaddy.com, Inc. home page and select "My Account."

2. Create an account if you do not already have one, or enter your log in name (or customer number) and password. Then, click "Secure Login."

3. Select "Pending Account Changes" located in the "My Account" box.

4. Select "Accept Domains" (upper right-hand corner), then provide the following information:

Last edited:
•••
Interesting. Did you receive an actual forwarded copy of the actual message sent by PayPal or was it a copy/paste deal? And even given a PayPal transaction ID I do not believe there is anything we can do to check it out ourselves, as PayPal transactions are private and secure to individuals other than those strictly involved. That said, the Transaction ID could be made up.

Could you forward a copy of the email to me at: bestgpts @ gmail.com (this is my spam email so don't think you'll get anywhere by doing anything with it!)? Thanks :)

•••
I still don't have my domains back yet, I need help recovering them or it will not be pretty

•••
VYFX said:
Interesting. Did you receive an actual forwarded copy of the actual message sent by PayPal or was it a copy/paste deal? And even given a PayPal transaction ID I do not believe there is anything we can do to check it out ourselves, as PayPal transactions are private and secure to individuals other than those strictly involved. That said, the Transaction ID could be made up.

Could you forward a copy of the email to me at: bestgpts @ gmail.com (this is my spam email so don't think you'll get anywhere by doing anything with it!)? Thanks :)

he sent me actual fwd's it appears (i dont mind sending them to anyone who needs a copy) from both paypal and godaddy and it was around the times he mentioned he bought them which was a good 9-10hrs after i "sold" them to the scammer.

look for my 2 fwd's

beautyinmd said:
I still don't have my domains back yet, I need help recovering them or it will not be pretty

lets keep these threads going until we get those back for you!!!!

things have gotten interesting on the DP thread:

http://forums.DigitalPoint/show...486#post6514486

the guy that Avis03 bought from is now posting

•••
wow this just got weird.....the original guy who scammed me GEARHUT100 (check my original post w/ the IM) just IM'd me again:

Gearhut100 signed on at 11:16 P.M.
Gearhut100: hey this is avis, can you helpme get my money back on paypal?
Gearhut100: anymore domains need to be returned tell me now
Gearhut100: ****.
Gearhut100 signed off at 11:17 P.M.
Gearhut100 signed on at 11:18 P.M.
Gearhut100: hey this is yosh the scammer he's connected with mozilla get him
Gearhut100 signed off at 11:18 P.M.

edit addition:
to be fair, apparently beautyinmd told me yesterday that the scammer told her that I (itemline) was the scammer.....so he may be trying to throw us all off, but i wanted to report what i just got....i was on the phone w/ a friend and missed his IM unfortunately.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Okay, correct me if I'm wrong:

1) Gearhut100 scammed you.
2) You then lost either domains or money.
3) This whole topic today about 'Avis' being the scammer was brought up.
4) Avis denied being the scammer.
5) Avis then used the same scamming name he used earlier to contact you on IM.
6) Avis is the scammer.

Is this true? Also, thanks for the heads up. I'm just making sure I have my facts straight.

And by the way, it may be the scammer SAYING he's Avis to throw the blame off of himself. He could be saying he's Avis to perhaps get you to send him funds when in reailty he is not Avis...? I am very confused, :td:.

Also, check this out:

Click

Looks like he's scamming WoW stuff as well.

Thanks.
itemline said:
wow this just got weird.....the original guy who scammed me GEARHUT100 (check my original post w/ the IM) just IM'd me again:

Gearhut100 signed on at 11:16 P.M.
Gearhut100: hey this is avis, can you helpme get my money back on paypal?
Gearhut100: anymore domains need to be returned tell me now
Gearhut100: ****.
Gearhut100 signed off at 11:17 P.M.
Gearhut100 signed on at 11:18 P.M.
Gearhut100: hey this is yosh the scammer he's connected with mozilla get him
Gearhut100 signed off at 11:18 P.M.

edit addition:
to be fair, apparently beautyinmd told me yesterday that the scammer told her that I (itemline) was the scammer.....so he may be trying to throw us all off, but i wanted to report what i just got....i was on the phone w/ a friend and missed his IM unfortunately.

Last edited:
•••
check my notes below.

VYFX said:
Okay, correct me if I'm wrong:

1) Gearhut100 scammed you. **correct, he contacted me on DP as "linksys9" askign to talk on MSN but i told him i had AIM, so he contacted me as GEARHUT100 on aim. He then left itrader on DP as "creampie" which is what got me suspicious since he had scammer alerts on itrader feedback for creampie
2) You then lost either domains or money. **i pushed 20 of my domain to him and about 3 hrs later had the paypal reversals, yes
3) This whole topic today about 'Avis' being the scammer was brought up. **i read about Avis on the threads here on NP and then did the reverse lookup on superpages after someone posted a "whois" info for Mehboob
4) Avis denied being the scammer. *yes he did, but he is who had my domains and returned them to me
5) Avis then used the same scamming name he used earlier to contact you on IM. **no, avis put his contact info on DP today as cybershadow05 on AIM, the scammer im'd me tonight using the GEARHUT100 again
6) Avis is the scammer. *avis also fwd'd me his paypal reciept showing payment for something to the "scammer" and also a godaddy transfer notice that he said was when he bought my domains from the scammer.

Is this true? Also, thanks for the heads up. I'm just making sure I have my facts straight.

And by the way, it may be the scammer SAYING he's Avis to throw the blame off of himself.

Thanks.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back