Domain Empire

LLL.net value with two letters the same

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi there,

I am interested in a name that has a double letter (e.g. ppd.net or ffh.net). Do these names with the double letter command higher or lower prices than normal combinations of LLL.net's?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Of course, PPD.net will have more value with PND.net, if there is no other special meaning inside.

•••
In general having two repeating letters does not typically alter value in my opinion. In fact, I've seen cases where buyers specify they do NOT want repeating letters.

It all depends on the letters of course. What has meaning to some may not to others. If repeating letters make a name more 'memorable' then it may increase the value in certain buyers eyes.

•••
this particular name has a name like hhg.net or jjh.net, where the third letter is next to the first and second letter. Does ease of typing increase the value in this case?

•••
t10host said:
Of course, PPD.net will have more value with PND.net, if there is no other special meaning inside.
I disagree. The repeating letters is not a plus at all... just google the letters together and count the number of big companies with those letters. Whichever has more is a better name.

•••
Hello All,

I may go against the grain on this one, but I do think that repeating letters do tend to fetch slightly better values on the wholesale market, though it's hard to quantify this, as there's little sales data to reflect upon.

Part of the reason I would speculate this is that double or triple (or even quadruple lettering) or numbering is easy to remember.

For example, consider:

aaa - Triple A Motor Club
aaaa - 4A sports
bbb - Better Business Bureau
411 - information
911 - emergency
add - attention deficit disorder
dss - department of social services
att - the telephone company
ssn - social security number

Consider also that every multiple of a, from aa.com to aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.com has been registered, and likely because they get some traffic.

For my money, I'd rather own xxz.tld than xzq.tld for example, as the first seems more memorable (though both are compose of equally lesser quality letters). Double letters do seem to be easier on the mind to remember at a quick glance.

This said, the ultimate arguement for any 3 letter domain, double letter or not, is how likely any 3 letter domain will be for end user sales. To this end, letter quality and letter placement rule supreme. I'd 10 times rather have a 3 letter domain with two or three random higher quality letters than one with a double letter of lesser quality letter composition.

Great discussion on this one and I look forward to others thoughts.

Thanks,
:) zesty

•••
I thought that all a.com - aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa(63 times).com were all attractive because consecutive a's give a greater chance for a domain to be listed at the top of a directory(that is listed in alphabetical order). Many businesses have large amounts of a's at the start of their business name because that brings in directory based traffic.

I agree that a repeated letter increases the probability of an acronym being used by a business and give a higher resale value.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back