Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

available LLL LLL .com's

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
NamecheapNamecheap
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

cyates

Established Member
Impact
1
I wrote a program to go through all combinations of 232 common 3 letter words, which comes out to almost 54,000 combinations.

I got to 11,450 then I decided to read the whole text that is output from the whois server and read the part about not using an automated process or you can be banned from verisign. I should have figured that wouldn't be allowed, but I didn't think about it....kind of a dumb moment, heh. :red:

Anyhow, out of the 11,450 that I queried, 7,488 are available. I attached them if anybody wants the list.

Couple questions:

1) Does anybody know of a whois server that does permit automated processes? Maybe one that allows x queries per minute?

2) Are the people who upload obviously mass-generated lists using automated processes doing it illegally?

Thanks.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
a quck look and i found some interesting ones like eatfly.com
 
0
•••
You left off the last line of that notice: "except as reasonably necessary to register domain names"...
Not sure how that would play-out, but I've just started using random other whois servers for DNA. They aren't nearly as reliable, but just google and you can find handfuls of other choices :)
-Allan :gl:
 
0
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back