NameSilo

Live video streaming

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

TeviH

Established Member
Impact
2
Hello,

I want to set up password-protected live video streaming of a prerecorded video. How might I do this? Do I need additional software?

does it depend on what format the video is in? I would ideally like to use flash, but would do quick time, if I needed. Divx is also an option.

Any ideas?
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
It is pretty easy learn it along long time ago. But about converting to flash that I have no idea about. To make a streaming video for like windows media player. You just make a file called asx or asf and then it links to the actual file. I can explain if needed?
 
0
•••
0
•••
the text file thing wouldn't work - I need to do it live, and i want the file to be secure. Anybody can just open the text file and see the path to the video.

Does helix server only work for dedicated hosting? I do not own my own servers; i have a shared host.
 
0
•••
you need minimum of chroot access to use helix.
 
0
•••
Try searching for a company how does streaming media. I used to use one but not sure what it was if I think about it I will post it thanks.

Ok I found who I used to use they are http://clipstream.com try them maybe?
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Try a site like:
http://www.myphotoalbum.com/index.shtml

you can host your photos and videos there.

I paid to join to get extra features for only $15 a year!

Also supports "Private or Public Albums"
 
0
•••
TeviH said:
the text file thing wouldn't work - I need to do it live, and i want the file to be secure. Anybody can just open the text file and see the path to the video.

Does helix server only work for dedicated hosting? I do not own my own servers; i have a shared host.


Way you fix number one is have a password protect on the file, so they cant access video inless they have user/pass

comes on helm and cpanel to do that very very simple......
 
0
•••
Yes, you can do this without too much trouble. I would use a normal video format like MP4 rather than Flash, QuickTime, or DivX. You can host the video on your server and use a player that supports password protection, or put the video behind a login protected page. If you want it to behave more like a live stream, you will need streaming software or a streaming server. The video format does matter for compatibility, but MP4 with H.264 is probably the easiest option these days.
 
0
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back