Dynadot

opinion Live chat on landing pages anyone got better conversion with it?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Thinking of adding that feature to my website that I’m developing at the moment
I think that If I manage to capture the prospects in real time that would make a big difference
Anyone tried that and could provide some data would be really thankful
Thanks a lot in advance

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A sales vertical I'm active in, live chat was a popular add on. Most websites have moved away from the automatic popup to a simple chat button.

upload_2020-7-19_7-56-13.png

upload_2020-7-19_7-56-32.png

•••
•••
I did not have more sales

and think about this:
it slows the loading of website

•••
great but do you know if people tried this and it makes a difference or not?

Yes, it makes a difference. But it may not be practical for low traffic websites.

•••
You can load the chat from a different website when the button is clicked.

Check cargurus for example.

•••
I think that If I manage to capture the prospects in real time that would make a big difference
Thanks a lot in advance
Live chat usually good for ecommerce business because sales are fast there.
Domain business is not like ecommerce its slow & steady so i dont think so live chat will make any difference.. once in blue moon you might get message and thats not worth it.. :)

•••
Thanks a lot in advance

I have, briefly (for a few months) last year when I was working on my own marketplace. I had a couple inquiries that way, and if set up properly with notifications to your phone so you can respond right away and make it feel like it's "live", I like the idea of it.

But I had no sales from those interactions, and got some irrelevant spam.

I ended up not using my marketplace very much because I realized I prefer to be a little more hands-off and let Dan sift through the BS. I reply very quickly to offers via Dan and email inquiries anyway, so the advantage of a "live" chat wasn't clear to me.

However, I did get an inquiry on a domain I had parked with Dan a few months ago that went through their live chat and resulted in a nice sale. Dan has claimed that conversions are better when the live chat is on, and they have a lot of data to work with, so I say why not, it can't hurt.

I did have some ideas around setting up chatbot interaction triggers that I never got around to testing. Some live chat options allow you to set up things like: if the customer spends more than 10 seconds on the page, send them a message drawing their attention to the chat bubble, like "Hey, I noticed you're looking at this, let me know if I can help." or send them a "surprise" discount code.

•••
For many of my parked domains/domains-for-sale, I use the Whatsapp chat option. Since many buyers browse through smartphone, they can instantly click the link and open chat with me!

•••
It's a neat feature to have, nothing more. I'd rather wait for inquiries than bug visitors by chat. I have it enabled at my site, but mostly use it for monitoring.

•••
•••
Since I had nothing better to do this morning, and you got me thinking about bots again, I just set up a new chatbot on a landing page model I'm testing out. Feel free to check it out here.

This goes beyond the standard passive chat bubble, and I guess some may find it intrusive, but let's see if anything comes of it!

•••
Since I had nothing better to do this morning, and you got me thinking about bots again, I just set up a new chatbot on a landing page model I'm testing out. Feel free to check it out here.

This goes beyond the standard passive chat bubble, and I guess some may find it intrusive, but let's see if anything comes of it!

Looks good. What widget are you using for this?

•••
•••
•••
Checkout how cargurus.com does it. Very fast, just a small script that passes info to a new window.

great page
but no chat widget opens for me

•••
•••
•••
It was there when I checked (I'm in the US). For those who don't see it, you might want to check your browser settings--meaning, allow all content/scripts from continual.ly to show/run.

I think it looks good, and I might add something similar to some of my landers in the future, just to see what might come of it.

Hopefully it's okay to show the image here in this comment.

Attachments

• chatpopup.png
    chatpopup.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
•••
Maybe location filter or time zone difference.
tried switching it to the UK where I am based and turned off Ad blocker and still did not show

•••
It was there when I checked (I'm in the US). For those who don't see it, you might want to check your browser settings--meaning, allow all content/scripts from continual.ly to show/run.

Hopefully it's okay to show the image here in this comment.
Thanks - will try it

Defeats the object a bit though, a lot of people are not tech savvy (me included)

•••
Continual.ly

Thank you. Looks interesting, but ridiculous that they charge with low page view limits. up to 10k for $25, 50k for 67.5$

I already get over 50k and might get only 10-20 chat requests per month. It makes no sense for me to pay $4-5 per chat lead. Especially with so many other reasonable offers out there. So far I am using tawk, but lack some features and their notifications don't work well.

•••
Thank you. Looks interesting, but ridiculous that they charge with low page view limits. up to 10k for $25, 50k for 67.5$

I already get over 50k and might get only 10-20 chat requests per month. It makes no sense for me to pay $4-5 per chat lead. Especially with so many other reasonable offers out there. So far I am using tawk, but lack some features and their notifications don't work well.

Appsumo has a lifetime deal running, $59 onetime for the Continually 50k/month plan. You can stack codes to suit your needs. If you use this link to sign up, you shave another $10 off. ;) (Hope that's allowed)

Last edited:
•••
Just use tawk.to, or Whatsapp API and messenger

•••
and got some irrelevant spam.

Just the other day I had a guy inquire...
... about how to ship his car from Florida To Louisiana.

Not quite what I was looking for.

Waste of time.

Just have your eMail address on the landing page.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back