IT.COM

new gtlds List your .GREEN

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

mad409

Always thinking outside the box!Top Member
Impact
I reged a couple, one is active and the other is still pending. Might be going to auction, not sure yet...

Looks like one is good to go and live in my account. PUTT (dot) green. :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Seems kind of expensive. Thought I would try a few first names, like Joe.Green, etc., but they are all $70 or more a year at dynadot.

•••
Why the .green price is much higher than red/blue/pink/black?

•••
yea they were to much for my blood to test.

•••
•••

because they know suckers will pay it.. green was a trend a few years ago

•••

The .green tld is designed to promote sustainability and environmental efforts rather than represent a color.

•••
•••
Anyone heard about auctions for .green? I have one pending and I'm thinking it might be going to auction but not sure. Anyone from .green around here that can let us know about auction dates or whats up??

•••
Outrageous pricing and every decent domain reserved or premium priced by the registry

•••
Outrageous pricing and every decent domain reserved or premium priced by the registry

I totally agree, the premium pricing has gotten way out of hand. I've seen some listed at over $50,000 U.S. and the same renewal per year in other extensions. :roll:

Another thing that's getting under my skin is I just reged a .green 3 LLL and it was available. Did a trademark search first, did a Google search, checked another registry to see if it was really available too. I even went to Whois and checked the name and it shows ---.green is for sale but it also says reserved by the registry.

The way I see this it's a reserved domain but they say it's available and for sale so I reged it. I bet this domain will never go active in my account but rather stay in processing until I contact them for a refund or credit. I'm not saying this will happen but i have a feeling. ;)

Sorry for the derail// venting :(

•••
•••

Those are just colours. .green however is a complete eco-system that includes NGOs, their donors and other stakeholders.

There should be a .bullshit to complement the .green.

Last edited:
•••
because they know suckers will pay it.. green was a trend a few years ago
I guess I must be one of the "Suckers" you referred to :sick: because I believe that Green will become very popular, I agree that they are a bit expensive now, but perhaps it might attract folks who develop rather than park? The green trend is not over, I believe it is just starting. Do a Google search on "Green" I guess I will continue being a sucker and purchase a few more.B-)

•••
I guess I must be one of the "Suckers" you referred to :sick: because I believe that Green will become very popular, I agree that they are a bit expensive now, but perhaps it might attract folks who develop rather than park? The green trend is not over, I believe it is just starting. Do a Google search on "Green" I guess I will continue being a sucker and purchase a few more.B-)

What ever floats your boat.

•••
Same reasoning used here to justify buying that is used in all the other .whatever threads.

•••
901 registered when I just checked!

NOT encouraging!

I think generally only domainers have been buying the new gtlds and they have seen little or no return on them and are now turning away from them. They have killed the secondary domain market so maybe a good thing?

•••
901 registered when I just checked!

I think this number is partly due to the relatively high standard pricing and that all good names are premium priced...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back