Dynadot

information List of domain marketplaces paying out in crypto/bitcoin

NameSilo
Watch

poweredbyme

Top Member
Impact
Let's create a list of domain marketplaces paying out in crypto/bitcoin. The list will be very useful for the domainers working in 100% crypto basis.

1- dan
2- openbazaar

what else?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A great idea to make such a list!

Epik comes to my mind

•••
•••
Dan is barely a good addition anymore. They require identification protocols that can entrap you . Yes Government requirements placed on them they eagerly follow.

•••
Dan is barely a good addition anymore. They require identification protocols that can entrap you . Yes Government requirements placed on them they eagerly follow.

I agree and it's one of the reasons of why I started this thread. I have pulled my domains out of dan.

I can no longer edit the original post. I should have added a note for dan. But as I don't know if other marketplaces do the same, adding a special note for dan would be unfair to dan. Openbazaar is the only one marketplace I know that is free from regulations and goverment requirements as it's a decentralized marketplace, I didn't know epik pays out in bitcoin.

•••
•••
•••

It's a registrar without marketplace. Here we are trying to generate a list of "marketplaces" pay in bitcoin. They only accept crypto/bitcoin to register, renew and transfer domains. They don't have a marketplace.

I have visited it. It's not clear they pay sellers in bitcoin. The website only mentions bitcoin is accepted, ID verification of buyers is required. It's not clear if sellers are required to prove their ID. Listing domains for sale there requires contacting them, is not automated. The marketplace looks like incomplete in my opinion even if they pay in bitcoin.

ID verification is a big no for bitcoin users. Because bitcoin/cyrpto is decentralized p2p payment method in order to reject any authority and control.

•••
It's a registrar without marketplace. Here we are trying to generate a list of "marketplaces" pay in bitcoin. They only accept crypto/bitcoin to register, renew and transfer domains. They don't have a marketplace.
O_o

You can sell your own domains by listing them on the Porkbun marketplace. charge a 7% flat fee...
Screenshot_20210105_210918.jpg

•••

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210105_211204_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210105_211204_com.android.chrome.jpg
    474.1 KB · Views: 130
•••
O_o

You can sell your own domains by listing them on the Porkbun marketplace. charge a 7% flat fee...

My ignorance.
Will they send my payout in crypto if my domains are sold?

•••
I have visited it. It's not clear they pay sellers in bitcoin. The website only mentions bitcoin is accepted, ID verification of buyers is required. It's not clear if sellers are required to prove their ID. Listing domains for sale there requires contacting them, is not automated. The marketplace looks like incomplete in my opinion even if they pay in bitcoin.

ID verification is a big no for bitcoin users. Because bitcoin/cyrpto is decentralized p2p payment method in order to reject any authority and control.

We are a Marketplace for buying and selling domains.
We are a profit driven org and playing the intermediary role, so we are bound to follow the law of land, hence identity verification is a must to send BTC payout to sellers.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back