Domain Empire

Linking to a domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
may sound a bit stupid?:|

but I don't know how to link to your domain
I've set the nameservers at enom, but when I visit the domain now I go to the directory of what's on my site
but I want it linked to a .html page!

can anyone help me out?D-:
tnx!
-Slewey

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm not real sure what you mean?

If you are talking about setting up your site, you'll need to make an index file. Make a .htm/.html/shtml etc. file names index.html and upload it to your main directory.

•••
I did had an index.html in my main directory, but when I typed in my domainname, I saw the directory of my host..:|
mayb did something wrong, I'll try it again:sick:

got an index.htm in my main directoy now, but when I visit the domainname I'm still directed to the directory..:|

Last edited:
•••
What folders do you see in the directory ?

Sounds like it could be that they have not set up the hosting, or might have set up a typo ... this would mean that when you go to your domeain you would probably be directed to the main site on the server ... which does not necessarily have to have a site on it, hence you would see the directory.

The other thing is that you might have uploaded to the wrong directory.
Although with most hosts when you connect via FTP you are automatically in the correct directory with some you have to upload to another directory ( sometimes called public_html , web or some other such thing ).

What does the host say about it ?

All the best

Richard

•••
haven't spoken to the host yet, thought I did something wrong or anything...

I'll contact the host then, mayb he can help me out
tnx!

ahhh.. never mind:D
there was a public_html directory
placed it there, works fine now!
thanks for your help!

Last edited:
•••
Nice to hear :)

All the best

Richard

•••
Hey slewey - I just answered your pm and then saw this - glad you've got it working now though

•••
yeh, works fine now
didn't know about that public_html dir.
tnx for the help all:)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back