Link exchanges?! Who needs that!

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Dabuek

New Member
Impact
0
Okay, okay...
Link popularity is obviously important, but who needs link exchanges? I'd much prefer one way links going to MY website.
A great way to do that is, of course, to list yourself in directories!
I ran across a website that lists directories by their category (whethor that is general, industry-specific, or regional that you're looking for).
Check it out... It's new, but I think it's making some great progress. I already submitted a few directories I found to their expanding list.
The addy is... http://www.the-search-engine-directory.com

PS: Yeah, yeah, I welcome myself to the forums. ;)
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Be careful because Google penalizes some FFA link sites...
 
0
•••
Wasn't talking about FFA links at all. Google itself makes heavy use of the ODP (www.dmoz.org). How would using an industry-specific directory be consider FFA? Since it is only for one industry it most certainly couldn't be considered FFA.
 
0
•••
Okay, I thought FFA links was part of what you were referring to, among other things.

Anyway, I checked out your site. Why not add a form to add URL?
 
0
•••
It could use some work... That's on our todo list. It's brand new.
 
0
•••
Fun stuff. I might go through that when I'm extremely bored one day. (Which probably won't be anytime soon.) Good idea, just make sure to follow through with it by adding some sexy features. For example, you could have an automatic submission script like http://www.addme.com

And your industry-specific listings don't have anything for adult sites, so you're cutting off a shitload of people (including myself).
 
0
•••
yes, agreed.
 
0
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back