Domain Empire

discuss .LINK binge continues

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
".LINK is no worse than .XYZ".....like the .com loyalists despising the .xyz insurgence, the .xyz loyalists despise the .link insurgence.

While most of the really good "single word" .link domains have been registered still a few remain. For example, the day after Thanksgiving I was able to register Thankfulness.link that happens to be no worse than Thankfulness.xyz or Thankfulness.com.

In the way of an update.....domains under management aka DUM has grown from 200,000 to 221,000 since May, and 1,500 of those I've registered. In addition, i have it from some reliable sources that "Good News is Coming":xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I wouldn't register things based on whether they are no worse than .xyz... I would register them because I believe they're something someone else wants to buy.
Why do you think they're so cheap? You're obviously not a visionary, nor do you believe in your own marketing expertise. Once you understand there's literally no technical difference between Networking.com. Networking.xyz and Networking.link, you may begin to understand what I already understand.

Last i checked networking is a BIG DEAL, GD considers link a keyword, and Linkedin has over 700M members, and I have reason to be HOPEFUL 👋

That's awesome, Rich. It's nice to have generous family and friends who support us no matter what (and without expectation of return).
Not to worry Joe.....i've helped others make a lot of money over the years:xf.wink:

•••
A lot of us were following the .online binge, the .homes binge, the .realty binge, etc.

Will this time be different?

Will Rich ever find the technical partner he is looking for?

Will Rich ever more forward with any of his big ideas?

Stay tuned. ;)

Brad
Thanks Brad for helping to keep my dream alive.

Will this time be different?.......Hell Yeah!

Will Rich ever find the technical partner he is looking for? ........Maybe:xf.wink:

Will Rich ever move forward with any of his big ideas?......Hell Yeah!

Update; as of just a few minutes ago i registered the Premium domain Adoption.link. It cost $159.30 and renews for the same. My thinking?.......with Roe v Wade overturned I figured adoption is a bigger deal now in America than it ever was.

Brad.....knowing that some of my big ideas have actually come to fruition I hope you understand why it really is different this time:unsure:

Last edited:
•••
•••
You don't do half measures do you Rich.......

If you don't mind sharing - how many of those are premium registrations and are you intending to renew them all?

GL with the splurge - hope you see a decent ROI......
What's happened to the name Swetha? The DAN landing page just says: Listed: Domain Seller

Go to Catering.xyz and you'll see what I mean. Swetha was asking $199,888 for it and i've registered the domain Catering.link. Swetha's name has disappeared? Where has she gone?

".LINK is no worse than .XYZ":xf.wink:

•••
These numbers are the DNA of the gTLD and show how many potentially high value domain names are still unregistered.

Frank made the mistake of thinking like a domainer rather than a registry operator. They are two very different mindsets. The first few years of a new TLD are all about growing the market share and getting web usage/development started. There's also a six month landrush period where people register and flip domain names before registration activity normalises. Because so many premium domain names were held back, the natural landrush never happened. After the first few years of operation, registries tend to make more money from renewals.

The worst thing for domainers and Uniregistry was when Frank increased the prices on the Uniregistry gTLDs. It got the Unireg gTLDs kicked off Godaddy. However, in registry operator terms, it was the correct thing to do given the situation but it could have been handled a lot better with existing registrants being grandfathered in on pricing.

Regards...jmcc
John....do you remember this from Jeannie McPherson of Verisign a few years ago?

"TurnCommerce and GoDaddy are not the only ones profiting from .com price caps. Domain speculation, or “domain scalping,” as some call it, has become a highly profitable industry unto itself. In fact, one of the top domain name speculators in this market reports a net worth of $500 million. These speculators even have their own lobbying group, the Internet Commerce Association (ICA), where TurnCommerce and GoDaddy are members via their subsidiaries NameBright and Afternic.

Ironically, in this speculators’ market, the price control on .com domain names serves only to reduce the cost of domain names bought by these speculators. Domain speculator Frank Schilling stated that the .com price cap “…has given the [domain speculation] industry a shot in the arm,” in a Jan. 2017 podcast interview. Flipping domain names or warehousing them to create scarcity adds nothing to the industry and merely allows those engaged in this questionable practice to enrich themselves at the expense of consumers and businesses."

jmcc....essentially nothing has changed but your and my comments about consumers and businesses being uninformed vs. misinformed are spot on. While I'm a survivor with the tenacity of a Bulldog that laudable goal is attainable. Thanks again:xf.wink:

•••
•••
So that is no?
I don't share my sales and you should know that by now. I know it pisses you off, but if you're having trouble understanding WHY I'd suggest you follow this thread and read between the lines. If you want to contact me for help or advice you'll find me to be both amenable and accessible. Ever hear of LINKedin:xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back