domain LingerieForWomen.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

slader23

Always On The Bleeding Edge.Top Member
Impact
This is a name I'm not sure of, it has decent search metrics and would probably do well if developed into a store/affiliate store.

1999 reg date.

Thoughts?

Slader

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Low xxx at least to right end user imo.

•••
I don't believe that it is necessary to say that lingerie are for women, not even in a domain name.
And you are unlikely to ever find an end used for this name. You may be able to sell it to
another domainer. But I suggest that you be kind to the newbies and just let it expire.

•••
Sounds nice but doesn't make too much sense. I thought Lingerie already is a feminine product.. xx-xxx

•••
it's good name but as dna SAID let it expired or parked

•••
I don't think I'll let it drop for noobs LOL haven't heard that before. There has been at least $180 worth of reg fees spent in this name spent over the past 18 years and it's taken in a few other extensions as well.

Sounds nice but doesn't make too much sense. I thought Lingerie already is a feminine product.. xx-xxx

There is lingerie for men as well and guess what the . com is aged and taken for that as well.

Search metrics for this name.

lingerie for women
Search Volume: 14,581
CPC: $0.90
Source: kwfinder.com

Last edited:
•••
I don't believe that it is necessary to say that lingerie are for women, not even in a domain name.
And you are unlikely to ever find an end used for this name. You may be able to sell it to
another domainer. But I suggest that you be kind to the newbies and just let it expire.

Thanks for your opinion. I don't think I'll be dropping this name.

Here is a thought: Let's use the domain Suitsformen.com. Now imagine I used your logic and said I don't find it necessary to say that suits are for men.

Why? Aren't there suits for women too?

Yes there are suits for women so the distinction is necessary.

Now back to this domain, is there lingerie for men?

Yes, so the distinction is necessary. There is lingerie for women and lingerie for men therefore completely tying one gender to the niche would be bias. If you don't believe me go look it up for yourself.

In fact both strings have thousands of monthly searches. With " Lingerie for women" being searched 2X as much.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for your opinion. I don't think I'll be dropping this name.

Here is a thought: Let's use the domain Suitsformen.com. Now imagine I used your logic and said I don't find it necessary to say that suits are for men.

Why? Aren't there suits for women too?

Yes there are suits for women so the distinction is necessary.

Now back to this domain, is there lingerie for men?

Yes, so the distinction is necessary. There is lingerie for women and lingerie for men therefore completely tying one gender to the niche would be bias. If you don't believe me go look it up for yourself.

In fact both strings have thousands of monthly searches. With " Lingerie for women" being searched 2X as much.
I wouldn't drop the domain either, it has value. It can be developed.

However, suits for men is more acknowledged, because women always buy suits for work too.

Though Lingerie for man may exist, it's not what comes to 99% of the people minds(atleast not the people i have ever meant in my lifetime).
Victoria secret, women intimates... dominate this

But maybe it can be a niche for men who wear it who are gay or suppose.
No offense intended..

because apart from that I never hear a man use lingerie as a tern for his clothes..
briefs, boxers, maybe even undies.. etc..

But either way,I think the name has value and a possible niche..

•••
What do you guys mean? This dude seems to like his lingerie..... :xf.grin::xf.grin::xf.grin:

**Be sure to thank me, u have no idea what images I had to endure in Google search results looking for a picture to post here... :ROFL::ROFL:

med_1473991902_image.jpg

•••
Nice triple keyword combo ~ and it makes sense, as a domain, I don't see a ton of value, but realistically let's put it in perspective ...

One keyword -
Lingerie.com - $X,XXX,XXX
Two keyword -
SexyLingerie.com - $XX,XXX
Three keyword
SuperSexyLingerie.com - $XXX

The value goes down quite a bit for each keyword added ... But the three keywords you have are "I would say" more SEO friendly ...
If a consumer is buying lingerie, they're gonna look up "Lingerie" "Lingerie for sale" "Sexy Lingerie" "Adult Lingerie" - and in my opinion "Lingerie for women" is somewhere in that list of targeted phrases ...

So because of that alone, I'd put a conservative estimate of $XXX (mid) on the name ... I think it's a tough sale, but in the right hands, Victoria Secret, there is some money to be made ...

However if the name was built out, I think there is a lot more money to be made, a whole lot more ~ if you have a expert SEO who can compete with competitive industries, then you could easily make an online store for just women's lingerie ;) not a bad business, selling thongs and panties and bras ;) Cha-Ching

•••
Nice triple keyword combo ~ and it makes sense, as a domain, I don't see a ton of value, but realistically let's put it in perspective ...

One keyword -
Lingerie.com - $X,XXX,XXX
Two keyword -
SexyLingerie.com - $XX,XXX
Three keyword
SuperSexyLingerie.com - $XXX

The value goes down quite a bit for each keyword added ... But the three keywords you have are "I would say" more SEO friendly ...
If a consumer is buying lingerie, they're gonna look up "Lingerie" "Lingerie for sale" "Sexy Lingerie" "Adult Lingerie" - and in my opinion "Lingerie for women" is somewhere in that list of targeted phrases ...

So because of that alone, I'd put a conservative estimate of $XXX (mid) on the name ... I think it's a tough sale, but in the right hands, Victoria Secret, there is some money to be made ...

However if the name was built out, I think there is a lot more money to be made, a whole lot more ~ if you have a expert SEO who can compete with competitive industries, then you could easily make an online store for just women's lingerie ;) not a bad business, selling thongs and panties and bras ;) Cha-Ching

Sexy lingerie sold for $ 190,000

•••
adultlingerie.com sold for $675 even though the 'opposite' argument would be "Are there Children Lingerie?".

Feels 2k-4k enduser sale Good Luck

•••
I like it. There's lingerie for women, men, cats & dogs.

As for worth, not a lot in my opinion.

I'd recommend building an affiliate style site. I think you could do well 👌

Sin

•••
$0. I had womensdresses.com for a couple of years and even that was a bad name.

Last edited:
•••
$0. I had womendresses.com for a couple of years and even that was a bad name.

The correct term would be WomensDresses.com...... WomenDresses.com is grammatically incorrect. I am not at all surprised that you never sold the name. You should always check the grammar and spelling of a domain before you purchase it.

•••
The correct term would be WomensDresses.com...... WomenDresses.com is grammatically incorrect. I am not at all surprised that you never sold the name. You should always check the grammar and spelling of a domain before you purchase it.
My typo, it was womensdresses.com

•••
•••
Oh ok, my bad. Did you outbound it?
No. Practically no interest after 3 yrs. Sold at a loss and learned a hard lesson. I do well in domains. This taught me a lesson I really needed. I managed to sell Moccasin.com for $12k but even that was tough to get there. Both were purchased at same time, the latter sale helped the former loss.

In short, descriptive product names are pretty bad these days. If you are a consumer and want to by a towel warmer or a woman's dress, moccasins.. whatever, you know the brands or have an idea where to shop already. Amazon is king. Ebay is a whore. The places to shop online are well defined and with few exceptions, these could be avoided regardless of sexy estibot numbers, even $100k+ estibot values.

•••
No. Practically no interest after 3 yrs. Sold at a loss and learned a hard lesson. I do well in domains. This taught me a lesson I really needed. I managed to sell Moccasin.com for $12k but even that was tough to get there. Both were purchased at same time, the latter sale helped the former loss.

In short, descriptive product names are pretty bad these days. If you are a consumer and want to by a towel warmer or a woman's dress, moccasins.. whatever, you know the brands or have an idea where to shop already. Amazon is king. Ebay is a whore. The places to shop online are well defined and with few exceptions, these could be avoided regardless of sexy estibot numbers, even $100k+ estibot values.

Thanks for sharing your experience in this niche I really appreciate it because I now have a much more informed understanding of what not to invest in. With that said I'm going to outbound this just because I don't like waiting and prefer to contact end users directly. I don't look at estibot values for names though, just use keyword planner, google trends, instantdomainsearch.com and a few other tools...apart from that I use my gut so I'm bound to make some mistakes.

•••
if you reach too far, you're bound to fall on your face

said that to say, too many are reaching out further, in attempt to rationalize their choices

seems like if your name isn't speaking for itself or it's telling us one thing and you;re saying another, then any potential will face the same confusion

real men, don't wear lingerie

imo....

•••
if you reach too far, you're bound to fall on your face

said that to say, too many are reaching out further, in attempt to rationalize their choices

seems like if your name isn't speaking for itself or it's telling us one thing and you;re saying another, then any potential will face the same confusion

real men, don't wear lingerie

imo....

Hmmmm....that's a pretty gender bias statement "real men, don't wear lingerie".....no homo

I don't need to rationalize my choices after the fact at this stage, like I said I used a mixture of analytics and gut feel to get to the end result of purchasing the domain. What helped me further my understanding was reputable insight from someone with experience within the niche of my domain. That insight ultimately improved my perspective and will help me make better decisions in the future. However, the big difference between how I domain and how people like you domain is the fact that I'm not going to sit and wait for someone to come knocking, every big sale I've had so far has been through outbound. Nothing is handed to me, I have to work my tail off for every sale and be extremely persistent to get results.

“Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.”
Robert F. Kennedy

imo......

Last edited:
•••
Hmmmm....that's a pretty gender bias statement "real men, don't wear lingerie".....no homo

I don't need to rationalize my choices after the fact at this stage, like I said I used a mixture of analytics and gut feel to get to the end result of purchasing the domain. What helped me further my understanding was reputable insight from someone with experience within the niche of my domain. That insight ultimately improved my perspective and will help me make better decisions in the future. However, the big difference between how I domain and how people like you domain is the fact that I'm not going to sit and wait for someone to come knocking, every big sale I've had so far has been through outbound. Nothing is handed to me, I have to work my tail off for every sale and be extremely persistent to get results.

“Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.”
Robert F. Kennedy

imo......

real men don't wear lingerie, plain and simple

it's not gender bias, it's what a man does, versus what he doesn't do

and i'm sure Robert or John, didn't wear lingerie either

imo....

•••
real men don't wear lingerie, plain and simple

it's not gender bias, it's what a man does, versus what he doesn't do

and i'm sure Robert or John, didn't wear lingerie either

imo....

Not worth the time arguing this, you see one way and I see another way. I'm outbounding this name now. So thanks for your opinion :)

imo...

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back