Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
Point and case.

Screen_Shot_2016_11_20_at_7_44_53_PM.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's an economics problem (i.e. bumping is "free", and the benefits of bumping to the bumper are non-negative). A direct economic solution would be to charge money to (a) start a thread and (b) bump in one's own thread. Anything else is just an indirect attempt to arrive at the same direct solution.

[one can put in 'safeguards' though, to achieve a signal/noise balance, e.g. a certain number of free threads per month or replies/bumps per month, that won't affect 95% of users, while curbing the abuse of the 5%]

Of course, one might have to take into account people using multiple accounts to bump each other's threads.....that might require charging for all posts, with a quote of free ones per month. If the cost is small enough (a few cents), it shouldn't affect most people.

If there was a spotlight forum where all posts are paid for, quality would go up as would company profits. Interesting idea.

•••
Im not worried about bumping a post in the marketplace near as much as I am bumping on literally 50 times without a single bid or offer ever being placed. That thread ti me is useless to begin with.

•••
The solutions are coming, and we're not going anywhere but up once they're ready ;)

So the solution was to make things worse by doubling the amount of bumps? I can't think of another reason other than to increase post count for the site.

*face palm*

•••
So the solution was to make things worse by doubling the amount of bumps? I can't think of another reason other than to increase post count for the site.
You have your opinion, I have mine, and others will have theirs. ;)

It could be seen as an improvement because only 6 threads can be bumped at a time instead of 10 threads. Also, if your listing is knocked off of the first page by someone else's bumps, you only have to wait 12 hours to bump again instead of 24 hours.

However, this change was not in response to this thread, It was in response to another thread.

I hope that helps explain better,

Edit: Added another unintentional way it could benefit this thread.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back