IT.COM

LH.com Lost !

NameSilo
Watch
Reverse hijacking is on the increase guys.
LH.com has just been lost by elequa.

Feel bad for him as this is a terrible decision by wipo imho and it raises questions about their integrity and conduct imo

More Here

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
scabies said:
No, they've tried for years to buy the domain (presumably for $1m+) but it just wasn't for sale at any price.

It is a one million name, agreed.

FMA didn't develop it, why did they refuse an offer?

•••
feel sorry for him, at least a million fly away... :(

•••
Takes us back to the bad old days.

•••
moped said:
Takes us back to the bad old days.

You mean the dot com bust :D

•••
a disgrace, plus lufthansa is one word in german anyway .. so is represented by LH no more than LF or LT

i would love to see this one go to court

Wipo more like Wimpo

•••
dax44 said:
i would love to see this one go to court

If you read back thru rhe thread you will find it has gone to court......

•••
•••
that's disgraceful, holding domains for profit when real companies want to use them

;)

•••
someone needs to do something about it. wipo wipo

•••
estibot.com said:
Smart of them to try this in New York...they are probably hoping to get a Jewish judge, who won't be awfully pleased with the Nazi references in Lufthansa's original complaint....man, what where they thinking??
I looked up some pics on Google. I must say, the man looks of Jewish descent... and Kaplan is a Jewish name.

Hitler's favorite airline!?!? Are they insane?

•••
arnie said:
agreed, he turned down offers for 1 million in past
make no mistake he doesn't need money, not the point, but makes clearer that it's not bad faith, just that he's a rich guy and likes collecting domains. his call imo

same way if you own 20 van goghs and keep them in your shed, it's your call, you dont expect the Dutch government to take you to court for abusing their heritage, yet that would be more serious

maybe forgetting parking altogether is best, i am dveeloping more and more as every day goes on

More Here

I am as well. The case (I read most of it) was simply stomach churning. Very sad-but evidently the original decision was overturned. Can anyone verify that for sure, so we all know?

Last edited:
•••
I suspect the WIPO decision has not been overturned - just that the name stays with the owner until the outcome of the pending court case is decided.

•••
DomainTalker said:
I suspect the WIPO decision has not been overturned - just that the name stays with the owner until the outcome of the pending court case is decided.

I thought the other way.

•••
DomainTalker said:
I suspect the WIPO decision has not been overturned
As John B mentioned, FMA filed suit prior to the UDRP decision. Apparently it
got a court order to keep the registration despite the subsequent UDRP thing.

Besides, it states in UDRP that court decisions take precedence over them.

•••
Short domain? Get smart to protect it.

•••
I do not understand why all LL.COMs are not trademarked as a brands unto themselves. Surely, it would be easier to put a website online and the trademark the name. It seems a lot more cost effective than fighting in court after somebody tries to hijack the name.

•••
bionichead said:
I do not understand why all LL.COMs are not trademarked as a brands unto themselves. Surely, it would be easier to put a website online and the trademark the name. It seems a lot more cost effective than fighting in court after somebody tries to hijack the name.
A Trademark must be tied to a SPECIFIC Good or Service, not just a name....

•••
I see that this directs to Lufthansa. Did they win this in the end or buy it?@elequa

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back