Dynadot

Let's trade domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

alcy

Top Member
Impact
well in many np years someone probably mentioned it..but I dont think they did it.

I wanna open a thread here.. or a website.. where we just trade names..

this can be a hit..fun and useful too

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What do you think, @Rob Monster?

Partial to this, since i like sports player trades.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Sure it could be somewhat useful….I’m about to go create the thread first lol

•••
Well what do you have to trade ?

•••
Well what do you have to trade ?
Dont index it in google.

Has to be a better way to discrete trade.

Maybe Namepros Slack… Or add (.)
Just disclose, successful trades, in the end, Pl.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Always thought domain trading made sense

Anyone open for trades, DM me a trade list and I'll send in return.

Last edited:
•••
Always thought domain trading made sense

Anyone open for trades, DM me a trade list and I'll send in return.

One man's trash is another man's treasure... and it can work both ways indeed.

•••
•••
I have a CVCV.com name and I want to trade for a LLL.com or LL.com
No XQZW letters.

•••
I have a CVCV.com name and I want to trade for a LLL.com or LL.com
No XQZW letters.

Shit, I was just about to go for the deal, but my wife said ''no''....

•••
Then trade your wife for someone else better.

•••
tnx for positive responses.

it definitely is a win win for all

anything goes..and a trade deal could involve any number domains for any one or several other domains.

makes u wonder why there are no websites yet to do this

Last edited:
•••
So if they do not know each other the question is:

Who will push the name first?

•••
So if they do not know each other the question is:

Who will push the name first?
I guess gambling domains in the Duel Arena would be illegal?

•••
bit like selling names goes by rep trust etc.. or u and yer wife handle the escrow...for newbies ..bad rep folk etc..

•••
no i don't think domain trading will work ....

•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
This has issues when people make offers and group names. If one hasn't tranferred or cannot or dissapears or makes an offer over a number of names but groups them eg in hundreds to find problem with single names paypal charge backs. Best to use real money for everything although in theory sounds great but half will be out to screw the next.

•••
@alcy

still think it is a good idea

will post a bunch on your web site

Thank You !

•••
I was thinking the exact same thing. Maybe Person A <---> Person B find each others domains more desirable. Once agreed, can't the two people go through a private escrow or one of the other domain registrars (private listing).

•••
Couldn't you just post your domain/s in the Make Offer section and say you're open to domain trades and SEARS Gift Cards? For all I know, there's probably a rule against that though.

•••
Years ago there was someone that set a goal of trading up to a million dollar domain. I think I traded a time or two in the thread.

the basic premise is, I start with a terrible domain, then you trade me a slightly better domain, then someone else trades me a slightly better domain for the one you gave me, until I reached a goal of whatever I was trying for.

the reason you would be willing to trade ‘down’ was because each trade would be discussed in a blog post, and the entire list of trades would be on the main page of the web site hosting the contest.

So, owning one of the domains in the chain of trades becomes more valuable because of the interest generated as the goal nears; other domainers start posting about the trades, maybe the AP News network picks up on the event, causing hundreds of thousands of clicks, etc. The whole point was to make the web site go viral as people watch to see someone earn a million dollars off the original $10 domain.

I think the experiment died after a few trades. But it was clever, and IMO certainly more entertaining than spending thousands of dollars on low art ape NFTs.

I think the original domain was something like ‘this domain sucks’ dot something, I don’t think it was even the dot com.

I also believe the idea was a percentage of the final trade would be distributed to everyone who made a trade in the chain. So that would more than compensate those in the first few rounds trying to get the contest started.

Last edited:
•••
Years ago there was someone that set a goal of trading up to a million dollar domain. I think I traded a time or two in the thread.

Interesting. I almost impulse bought an APE NFT, but I might try that domain trading instead, but to a lower price point.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back