IT.COM

information Let's Talk Domains - Just Launched New Domaining Blog!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey everyone,

Not exactly sure where to post this on here but I just wanted to let everyone know that I started a new blog geared towards the domaining industry. I've been away for a while trying to figure out the best approach for a blog/website but I finally got the ball rolling.

I plan to add new post weekly along with incorporating YouTube videos & creating a new podcast to go with it as well.

My new website can be found here: www.LetsTalkDomains.com

If you have any suggestions, feel free to reach out to me.

Thank you!

-Omar

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good luck with the new blog Omar :)

•••
•••
•••
Keep trying,
You will succeed one day

•••
•••
Good domain

But use it as a redirect to a your youtube channel of the same domain and do a zoom via youtube like dnacademy did which worked well for the viewer of both zoom and youtube

No need for podacasts

•••
I like the minimal design of the blog and the domain but it does sound like it would fit better with podcasts.

•••
Good domain

But use it as a redirect to a your youtube channel of the same domain and do a zoom via youtube like dnacademy did which worked well for the viewer of both zoom and youtube

No need for podacasts

Use my blog domain to redirect to a youtube channel? Not sure if that's exactly what you mean but I wouldn't do that because the domain is where my blog and all the content will be. I could possible do a /youtube where it could go directly to my youtube channel.

Yes, I do plan to do interviews and videos in general with a zoom style feel to them if I'm talking to someone else in the video.

I like the minimal design of the blog and the domain but it does sound like it would fit better with podcasts.

Thanks! And yes, the podcast are something I do want to implement because Podcast are extremely popular for people who may not want to watch video. Plus, it should be rather simple to export the audio from the vids and use them as podcasts etc.

In time though...it will happen!

•••
Domain names have to attract traffic either by type in keyword traffic or redirect from keyword type in traffic or from brand awareness eg people reecognising the brand and typung brand in to search but basically

Traffic goes to millions of domain names

Whereas with socialmedia

2.6 billion + people go to the same domain name which is a domain name which is a brand they already know and can type in but dont have to because they have downloaded the facebook app etc

But basically the owner of a domain has to go to the traffic and redirect the traffic back to the domain name

But socialmedia has the concept which attracts the traffic so doesnt need to bother about generating traffic as people use its search engine to find what they want

Which is why for example i watch domainsherpa but i watch it on youtube as im already on youtube i also watch dnacademy and kickstart commerce on youtube as its more convenient for me to do so instead of going to a variety of different websites etc the webstes have to go to youtube where the audience is etc

•••
Domain names have to attract traffic either by type in keyword traffic or redirect from keyword type in traffic or from brand awareness eg people reecognising the brand and typung brand in to search but basically

Traffic goes to millions of domain names

Whereas with socialmedia

2.6 billion + people go to the same domain name which is a domain name which is a brand they already know and can type in but dont have to because they have downloaded the facebook app etc

But basically the owner of a domain has to go to the traffic and redirect the traffic back to the domain name

But socialmedia has the concept which attracts the traffic so doesnt need to bother about generating traffic as people use its search engine to find what they want

Which is why for example i watch domainsherpa but i watch it on youtube as im already on youtube i also watch dnacademy and kickstart commerce on youtube as its more convenient for me to do so instead of going to a variety of different websites etc the webstes have to go to youtube where the audience is etc

Yeah, I understand your point but I still want to build a platform on my own website. I do not have any control of youtube, instgram etc. At least on my own website, I can control what goes on it, what doesn't etc.

I will have the content across various platforms and whichever way the audience member wants to watch or read it, is totally up to them.

Thanks for the suggestions!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back