Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarxsIn2017

Established Member
Impact
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if it's legal for me to register Leica dot com dot au, as I'm not affiliated with the business ?
What would you ask for ?

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I don't see the value, extension certainly doesn't help because it's limited. Any special meaning?

•••
I don't see the value, extension certainly doesn't help because it's limited. Any special meaning?

It's an extremely well established camera manufacturer with a rich history.

•••
I already registered it.

I thought there may be resellers of leica products that may be interested to open an ecommerce store on that domain.

•••
@Secured, I'm obviously new - Are all company names a bad idea to register on ALL extensions or are there exceptions to the rule ? What's my best move now?

•••
It depends on the company's name. If it's generic (e.g. Apple.com), you would have plausible deniability. In this case, Leica is almost certainly directly cybersquatting on their IP/trademark. I wouldn't recommend owning it or trying to sell it - see if you can have it refunded by the registrar!

Just my opinion - do with it as you see fit.

•••
•••
isn't the best thing to get it somehow to Leica, the company ? Should I just offer it at cost price ?

•••
isn't the best thing to get it somehow to Leica, the company ? Should I just offer it at cost price ?

TMs are dangerous territory. They could just take it from you legally.

•••

You could, sure. But, were they interested in the domain, they would've already purchased it by now. They seem to be satisfied with their leica.com home.

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back