domain Leica Dot com Dot au

NameSilo
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarxsIn2017

Established Member
Impact
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if it's legal for me to register Leica dot com dot au, as I'm not affiliated with the business ?
What would you ask for ?

Thanks

Last edited:

creataweb

Some Guy with Awesome Senior High School PhotoTop Contributor
Impact
I don't see the value, extension certainly doesn't help because it's limited. Any special meaning?

Joshua Harding

AssetReturns.comEstablished Member
Impact
I don't see the value, extension certainly doesn't help because it's limited. Any special meaning?

It's an extremely well established camera manufacturer with a rich history.

MarxsIn2017

Established Member
Impact
I already registered it.

I thought there may be resellers of leica products that may be interested to open an ecommerce store on that domain.

MarxsIn2017

Established Member
Impact
@Secured, I'm obviously new - Are all company names a bad idea to register on ALL extensions or are there exceptions to the rule ? What's my best move now?

Joshua Harding

Impact
It depends on the company's name. If it's generic (e.g. Apple.com), you would have plausible deniability. In this case, Leica is almost certainly directly cybersquatting on their IP/trademark. I wouldn't recommend owning it or trying to sell it - see if you can have it refunded by the registrar!

Just my opinion - do with it as you see fit.

creataweb

Impact

MarxsIn2017

Established Member
Impact
isn't the best thing to get it somehow to Leica, the company ? Should I just offer it at cost price ?

creataweb

Impact
isn't the best thing to get it somehow to Leica, the company ? Should I just offer it at cost price ?

TMs are dangerous territory. They could just take it from you legally.

Joshua Harding

Impact

You could, sure. But, were they interested in the domain, they would've already purchased it by now. They seem to be satisfied with their leica.com home.

Joshua Harding

Impact
Status
Not open for further replies.