Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugly Face

Established Member
Impact
Hey guys,

I just bought this domain...perhaps out of boredom. Any appraisal thoughts on LegalizeNewYork.com? I also bought NewYorkAlcohol.com and NewYorkCityAlcohol.com and just plain CityAlcohol. Sorry for the amateurish nature of this post.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
next time u get bored, go outside.... away from a keyboard.

:)

no value

imo....

•••
Oh yea, I forgot to mention. I'm a bubble boy. I can't go outside!!

•••
I wasn't aware that New York had been criminalized. :-,

I don't see any value in any of those, either.

Spend a few weeks reading posts on this forum before wasting more money on domains. Good news is, if you're quick, you may be able to call GoDaddy to get a refund on some/all of these domains.

•••
Hm. That's pretty discouraging...What would one say to GoDaddy to get a refund?

•••
Just tell them you decided you don't need them and hope for the best. Worst case scenario, if they won't refund your money, just list them for sale in the marketplace here. Maybe someone will pay $5-10 for them.

I think you're on the right track, somewhat.... and almost everyone loses money initially... but if you like the geo-domain route, I would recommend swapping out "alcohol" (liquor or beer would be better, I think) with other keywords, across various categories and locations. Also check the Google Adwords Keyword Tool to see if there's much competition for the keywords in question. You'll get there. At least you're registering .com's. A lot of people get caught up buying .net, .org, .info, .biz, etc, and that's typically not gonna make you money!

•••
Hey thanks for the support. Back in college, I had a roommate who flipped domains a little bit so as a goof I bought Jizzland and IHavecrabs.com. Ended up selling them both pretty quickly with his help. Apparently I've lost my touch.

•••
Lol, interesting names there for sure. It's a different game now than 5-10 years ago, and it's constantly evolving, so like I said read up and you'll learn a lot of great info here.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back