NameSilo

discuss Legal niche domains is there a future?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MrXBack

Domain-err + Interner Musketeer , EntrepreneurEstablished Member
Impact
Im talking about domains which include legal terms such as legal forms, power of attorney, bill of sale etc?

Do they hold value when we expect to sell them? or do they only sell if its been developed and its making money...i saw a few sales on flippa which were above 20k and the niche were related to legal terms..

What are you thoughts on it?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
...but for the layperson who's investing I think it's very much a risky proposition if one goes all in on anything like this.

True, even if the layperson does some research.

Stuff like this: The Congressional Library and the Copyright Office are studying the feasibility - and have already made some new legislative rules and have passed notice-and-commentary on others, regarding DMCA and fair use and safe harbor provisions (can't link them due to my account status)t could create huge ripples in SEO, web-hosting, privacy, all sorts of huge markets sometime down the line, but are people observing it? Because there sure isn't a lot of chatter. Which side would you bet on?

A lot of these rules get passed with very few interested parties actually watching. Some times, those who should be interested in them don't even know that they should be. My bet is that they will get passed with no one noticing, until after the fact when someone runs into trouble and/or it becomes newsworthy ---and now you've given me a heads up for me to go looking for those exactly because they may be relevant, thank you!

•••
I have a few city based legal domains i grabbed at a good price for lead generation, but I try to stay away from doing business with lawyers as much as possible in case things ever go sour.

i have a few legal domain names two

but have let 3 peach legal .coms expire and a .legal domain expire

•••
If you have a Kindle unlimited subscription you can read Online Law Practice Strategies by Mark Homer for free.

I ended up with about 80 law related .infos and found it while deciding if I should let them drop or try to do something with them.

The SERPS for city/state + lawyer/lawyers/attorney seem to be dominated by directory type sites. Clearly some big budgets at work.

The book pointed out that a good website is the only thing that matters for the solo practitioner. I also learned there are a lot of nuances to the different practice specialties. For example, lawyers who specialize in DUI cases add extra staff to answer phone calls on Monday morning. That's when the weekends arrests call and they want answers in a hurry. They are not going to wait for a call back. They just call the next lawyer in their search results. That means a lead gen site needs to make sure any referrals they send are handled appropriately or they will be wasted.

So determining the development potential of my domains and how to identify the right kind of content is still a work in progress.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back