IT.COM

Layered Tech

NameSilo
Watch
Hello

Im thinking about purchasing a server from Layered Tech. Anyone have expierence with them before? So far I've only used servermatrix but I want a cheaper server as it will only be used for one site. If you have use Layered Tech before please also tell me how long you've had a server with them as well so I can make my decision.

Thank You :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I also am about to purchase a LT Server i would be interested in having a few reviews.
Too be 100% sure of my choice.

Thanks,
Simon

•••
I used them about 8 months ago, 1st month went fine no probs at all, 2nd month every other day the cpu and mem kept maxing out, no reason for it, no malicious code/scripts were running, they kept trying to get me to take extra security at $80 a month.

They may have changed it all now.

Regards

John

•••
ReaperUK said:
I used them about 8 months ago, 1st month went fine no probs at all, 2nd month every other day the cpu and mem kept maxing out, no reason for it, no malicious code/scripts were running, they kept trying to get me to take extra security at $80 a month.

They may have changed it all now.

Regards

John
You said you used them 8 months ago and your second month was bad. Were they able to fix the CPU and mem issue or just keep harassing you to buy extra security?

•••
They just kept resetting the server and said I need the extra security, it was wierd as it was the 1st day of the 2nd month everything started to go wrong,so after the 2nd month I gave up, but like i say they may well have improved or I may have just been unlucky.

Regards

John

•••
Can i know what kind of server you had.
As i think that is common on Celeron Systems.
But i ain't sure.

•••
nomis135 said:
Can i know what kind of server you had.
As i think that is common on Celeron Systems.
But i ain't sure.
I would also like to know this as Celeron servers always seem to have problems.

•••
This is my first month hosting with them. I have one server with them which was set up fast, about 48 hours, and it works great. I have a Semphron processor, which is similar to a celeron in terms of price, but seems to be better performance. They provide good hardware, and free reboots (if you don't have a control panel that can reboot for you). I'm happy with them.

•••
nts said:
This is my first month hosting with them. I have one server with them which was set up fast, about 48 hours, and it works great. I have a Semphron processor, which is similar to a celeron in terms of price, but seems to be better performance. They provide good hardware, and free reboots (if you don't have a control panel that can reboot for you). I'm happy with them.
Hmm sounds good.

I was talking to some others in the Live Chat and they had good expierence as well. Im pushing on getting a server from them real soon. Anyone else have an expierence they would wish to share :)

•••
up till now i got lots of good reviews aswell.
think i'm 100% set

•••
We have 3 great servers there (although they are "custom"/special order servers) with Dual Xeon 2.8 w/HT, SATA II and 800Mhz fsb, and so far all have been working well for more than a month :)

Although they don't offer server management, it's a great datacenter for reliability

•••
PolurNET said:
We have 3 great servers there (although they are "custom"/special order servers) with Dual Xeon 2.8 w/HT, SATA II and 800Mhz fsb, and so far all have been working well for more than a month :)

Although they don't offer server management, it's a great datacenter for reliability
If PolurNET likes it then I can feel safer and go with them. Thanks for your time in helping me make my decision.

•••
Mayur said:
PolurNET said:

If PolurNET likes it then I can feel safer and go with them. Thanks for your time in helping me make my decision.

Thanks ;) Yes, I can safely assert this is our main core operations taking place here, so I'm sure you'll like it just as our clients do! :tu:

•••
im going to them too.. thanks for the reviews

•••
oh also does anyone know where i can find a coupon code for LT?

•••
nomis135 said:

What do you need.. I got lots of coupons/links for specials.

iNod

•••
•••
iNod said:
nomis135 said:

What do you need.. I got lots of coupons/links for specials.

iNod

Well i'm going for an Intel P4 2.8hz.

What kind of specials do you got for that?
Pm them to me please.

Thanks,
Simon

•••
We have 5 servers at layeredtech, and have had for atleast 8months, no big problems what so ever.

•••
•••
I just got mine from them, part of the 12 days of christmass. Even with the hoildays, I was setup in 31 hours! That is counting a Sunday!!! This is my first server.
RickyG

•••
•••
How's LT for you so far, Simon and the others? :)

•••
So far....all is well. This is important to me since it is my first sever. I had reseller accounts in the past.....so this is a big JUMP.....

RickyG

•••
i cant wait til my servers uo.. im throbing...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back