Dynadot

news L7.com sells for $60k

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I noticed the no reserve auction for L7.com ended at only $60k and change. Seems very low for such a short .com name. I would think that Chinese investors would be all over that name and be willing to pay in the 6 figure range at least.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That is a great wrong story in deed. The owner has every right to his domain, at worst he will be suspended from flipa. The y shoukd have corrected their fault before the commencement of bidding. Sorry to say that any way.

•••
It didn't sell. The owner made some excuse that he listed it wrong and was meant to have a 6 figure reserve so Flippa is trying to sort it out.

Kinda had a feeling it might go this way from the attitude of the seller when I was talking to them... At 60k this was clearly a bargain...

•••
Cant wait for .yang extension to come out. Then we can all have a bidding war for the only domain that perfectly fits the extension...
Yes, but yin.yang isn't possible these days - so why not taking win.wang in the meanwhile??? ?? ?

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
I had a buyer for this name, that was ready to pay even 6 figures for it, but he refused to bid because it was on Flippa. Unfortunately, the seller wasn't very smart either and quoted a mid 6 figure price when I asked him if we can discuss about a BIN. We could easily have done a deal together and he could have got so much more than this...

If it was in a private deal, my buyer would buy it for much more than $60000 any day.

That's unfortunate; in the future, I would like to know why that hesitation exists and if there's anything I can do to help.

It didn't sell. The owner made some excuse that he listed it wrong and was meant to have a 6 figure reserve so Flippa is trying to sort it out.

This is true; see below.

That stinks. Isn't the seller legally supposed to sell for that price now that the auction is over?

Technically, yes. But, see below.

Yep. I bid to $60k. I was then informed by Flippa that the seller was refusing to sell as they apparently tried to put a 6 figure reserve. Also if you look at the final bids it was from a brand new account which kept outbidding me. Likely from the seller so they were not obliged to sell.

That high bidder was confirmed. But....see below.

Sorry to hear that...

Flippa story does not make sense. If they "forgot" to put reserve, they had plenty of time to rectify it, as well as put somewhere in comments the situation not to waste people's time. Buyer could have missed out on similar opportunity.

True, but....See below.

That is a great wrong story in deed. The owner has every right to his domain, at worst he will be suspended from flipa. The y shoukd have corrected their fault before the commencement of bidding. Sorry to say that any way.

True, but...

...This was a bit complicated and we (Flippa CS / Marketplace Integrity / myself) were unable to intervene until it was too late.

The request to change the reserve price *was submitted* but the change was not enacted, and their support ticket not escalated as it should have been; that said, the seller *should* have alerted bidders to tip you / our staff / myself off much sooner - as was alluded to above - and do everything in their power to make enough noise. We would have simply reset the auction.

Because there was an attempt to reach out to us to change the reserve price with time to spare, I cannot deem that this was a simple case of seller's remorse. I do believe it was an unintentional mistake, although I don't think enough was done to alert the right people in time.

In the end, the seller refused to sell. This wasn't going to complete under any circumstances, so I cancelled it out.

•••
@FlippaDomains

Today noticed there were two auctions for the same domain QIEL.com at different platforms: GD and Flippa ending within 1-2 days from now.

At GD the bids were over $1,300, while on Flippa amount was much smaller.

I put a comment on the auction warning bidders that this domain is sold at two auctions at the same time and provided the link.

The seller just removed my comment and closed the auction, since he was expecting to get better sale on GD...

I don't think this should be an acceptable practice as it would have been another similar story setup, someone winning and others spending time just to find out it is sold somewhere else...

Regarding L7, it would be fair to compensate buyer in some other way, maybe enough credit to promote his next domain sale on your platform to compensate him for time wasted.

•••
I don't think this should be an acceptable practice as it would have been another similar story setup, someone winning and others spending time just to find out it is sold somewhere else...

I agree, and this should always be reported to myself and our Marketplace Integrity team.

Regarding L7, it would be fair to compensate buyer in some other way, maybe enough credit to promote his next domain sale on your platform to compensate him for time wasted.

I offered to assist further, from both a buying and selling perspective.

•••
O2 is huge.
Loads of companies callled T2.

First two names I chose were developed C5 and D7 (Division)

There are a bunch of LEVEL 7 names that could take L7, imho.

And R8 is a brand...
2aG8PaCt.jpg

I wonder who owns or bought G6.com? as in a G6 private jet? lol there seems to be no sales history. anyone?

•••
•••
...This was a bit complicated and we (Flippa CS / Marketplace Integrity / myself) were unable to intervene until it was too late.

The request to change the reserve price *was submitted* but the change was not enacted, and their support ticket not escalated as it should have been; that said, the seller *should* have alerted bidders to tip you / our staff / myself off much sooner - as was alluded to above - and do everything in their power to make enough noise. We would have simply reset the auction.

Because there was an attempt to reach out to us to change the reserve price with time to spare, I cannot deem that this was a simple case of seller's remorse. I do believe it was an unintentional mistake, although I don't think enough was done to alert the right people in time.

In the end, the seller refused to sell. This wasn't going to complete under any circumstances, so I cancelled it out.

This does not seem complicated.
Here are your words re-ordered a little:

"The request to change the reserve price *was submitted*"
"With time to spare"
"but the change was not enacted"
" I don't think enough was done to alert the right people in time."

So, you make a request in the right time frame but if you don't jump up and down or scream enough?

Maybe:

"The request to change the reserve price *was submitted*"
"With time to spare"
"but the change was not enacted"
Because we at @Flippa totally messed up and weren't diligent enough to notice a change to a CC.com domain auction as we were too busy letting Pole.io be re-auctioned again for the 15th time without a bidder.

If your policy allows changes through a certain mechanism you should be responsive to that mechanism.

•••
I don't get it. The seller can manually change the reserve via their control panel. If they had a reserve that was met, they should not be allowed to submit a request to set a new reserve at the last minute.

This is a classic case of sellers remorse and they should be banned. They should also not be allowed to re-auction this particular domain under any circumstances.

•••
I think what Flippa is saying is the seller by accident removed the reserve. You can't restore/increase reserve if it is already met, I assume, so the seller contacted Flippa.

Flippa support ignored the ticket, the seller refused to honor the deal, because they had a ticket on the subject.

•••
I think what Flippa is saying is the seller by accident removed the reserve.
So by that theory, the seller had a reserve and then deleted it or actually set it to $0. That's far fetched. If they knew enough to put a reserve in place they wouldn't just remove it unknowingly.

•••
Maybe he was trying to do reserve of $100,000 and did $10,000 and that got met very quickly

•••
Maybe he was trying to do reserve of $100,000 and did $10,000 and that got met very quickly
Again, far fetched.

If reserve is quickly met then there is plenty of time to submit a ticket and follow up several times if there's no response. But assume reserve is met at the last minute. The seller had loads of time to actually view the listing with the $10,000 reserve glaring at back. Terrible business here!

•••
Again, far fetched.
Sounds almost as far fetched as getting a GoDaddy auction account banned for absolutely no reason.

I think @Flippa said that the seller wanted a reserve and they notified them at a point in time when it was allowed to add a reserve.
"The request to change the reserve price *was submitted*" "With time to spare"

Perhaps they should comment on when updates are allowed (before first bid? before reserve is met?) and then you can comment on the Platform.

This seems like a pricing mistake and these happen in many cases and the idea that you have to honor it is flawed. I still stand by the idea that when you buy something for a steal... in many ways it is. It makes me unpopular in this forum. I'm supposed to believe the honor amongst thieves thing, I guess.

If he requested a reserve to be added when he could and Flippa didn't act. Then it's a clear pricing mistake and there is supportive evidence of that. Enforcing a mistake is different to enforcing something based on seller remorse.

•••
Sounds almost as far fetched as getting a GoDaddy auction account banned for absolutely no reason.

I think @Flippa said that the seller wanted a reserve and they notified them at a point in time when it was allowed to add a reserve.
"The request to change the reserve price *was submitted*" "With time to spare"

Perhaps they should comment on when updates are allowed (before first bid? before reserve is met?) and then you can comment on the Platform.

This seems like a pricing mistake and these happen in many cases and the idea that you have to honor it is flawed. I still stand by the idea that when you buy something for a steal... in many ways it is. It makes me unpopular in this forum. I'm supposed to believe the honor amongst thieves thing, I guess.

If he requested a reserve to be added when he could and Flippa didn't act. Then it's a clear pricing mistake and there is supportive evidence of that. Enforcing a mistake is different to enforcing something based on seller remorse.
I've known this for a bit now but it's far too clear...you speak out your ass.

You quote my posts and use your go to every time, the godaddy thing. As if you have a clue. Again, because new people might be reading your ignorant post...godaddy terminated my auction account and sited the reason for a particular auction I wasn't even bidding in. The owner renewed the domain post expiration as is a normal practice. I then contacted them and purchased the domain. Godaddy lost auction revenue which isn't my problem. Maybe they shouldn't sell inventory that they don't own. Hmm...

Now back to L7. No mistake was made. The auction spanned many days and there was plenty of time to notice listing mistakes and make corrections. The seller wanted more than the end price and is backing out. Case closed.

•••

That's what it came down to, in the end.

This would have been cancelled anyway. The only difference is that it happened after the auction, and not during.

•••
That's what it came down to, in the end.

This would have been cancelled anyway. The only difference is that it happened after the auction, and not during.
Please provide more details and evidence.

Did the auction start with a reserve? Has the seller bought or sold at Flippa before? How many days of the auction passed before a support ticket was launched and how long was the auction scheduled to run?

•••
Please provide more details and evidence.

Did the auction start with a reserve? Has the seller bought or sold at Flippa before? How many days of the auction passed before a support ticket was launched and how long was the auction scheduled to run?

The auction should have been canceled during, not after. You're welcome to pin it on me and leave it at that -- it was more platform/human error on our end than the seller, who is suspended nonetheless while we investigate fully.

•••
The auction should have been canceled during, not after. You're welcome to pin it on me and leave it at that -- it was more platform/human error on our end than the seller, who is suspended nonetheless while we investigate fully.
Not trying to place blame on Flippa. It's clear that the seller was just that clueless, or, deliberately tried to make last minute changes as the auction wasn't going according to plan.

The winning bidder is the victim here. The seller should get zero compassion.

•••
•••
•••
I wonder who owns or bought G6.com? as in a G6 private jet? lol there seems to be no sales history. anyone?
Or a Pontiac G6 car. Or the song "like a G6"

•••
Back