Dynadot

L.gtld

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

jdab

Jamie DąbrowieckiTop Member
Impact
I've found a few one letter gTLDs available to register - would you say that it's worth picking some up?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
regfee, but you can pm me the names. *hrhr :) just joking

•••
regfee, but you can pm me the names. *hrhr :) just joking
Haha :P I decided to check the WHO.IS (and another registrar) on some of the domains and they show as unavailable. EuroDNS have lied to me. ;.;

•••
haha...this was real fun...:p

•••
They are 99,99 procent taken of the times. I'm guessing many of the 1 letter domains get pre-orderd before they get released to the public. So it's hard to get to them.

•••
As fas I was told for one of the new gTLDs they told me ICANN (or IANA?) had an agreement with them so only 3+ character domains were allowed. No 2 or 1 chars possible.
Dont know it thats binding to all new gTLDs. It seems for .asia it was possible to reg. 1 chars.

•••
I would say go with it.. even one word IDN's sold for good values (at least thrice of REG fee) so no harm to take a risk.. buy that one & park on any reputed site you will find some end users by this way.. Good luck ;)

•••
I would say go with it.. even one word IDN's sold for good values (at least thrice of REG fee) so no harm to take a risk.. buy that one & park on any reputed site you will find some end users by this way.. Good luck ;)
With $399 registration fee and $399 renewal fees (GoDaddy) on these, you should be a pretty big risk taker. In 2 years you could have 1 L.gTLD or 1 good LLLL.com. Which is likely to sell at this moment for more money, the L.gTLD that is available for hand registration or a LLLL.com/LLL.net at a $800 reseller price?

•••
One big piece of advice you can read almost everywhere on this forum is that newbies should say away from some of the exotic gTLD (or ccTLD) extensions. If you're not sure how you're gonna sell it then be prepared to pay high reg. fees and renewal fees while you sit back praying someone comes and makes you an offer.

I like Davids point..for that same price you could probably get a pretty darn nice 4L.com which newbies will have a MUCH easier time selling. How many L.gtl's have you seen in the top sales charts this year? hahahaha

•••
•••
And which planet would that be on?
You're telling me you can't get a good LLLL.com or LLL.net right now for $800? :-/

•••
You're telling me you can't get a good LLLL.com or LLL.net right now for $800? :-/
My response was a bit confusing. I was trying to imply that those (reseller) prices are extremely difficult to obtain as a seller in the current market.

•••
My gut feeling is that with many of these new gTLDs, many of which are long strings (take O.boutique as an example), a one-letter domain is not so special.

•••
As far as I know, registration of one or two letter domain is not allowed.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back