Dynadot

advice Know when to AVOID changing Whois info

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

domainerfella

DN.DOMAINSTop Member
Impact
Many of the experienced domainers would have gone through this. So this is for the new guys.

Straight answer to the question: 1) Within 60 days before you try to sell.
2) Within 60 days before renewal date.

Case 1: Recently, I sold a domain which was registered with GoDaddy. The buyer wanted me to transfer out the domain because he wanted to use NameBright. This was not possible because I had edited the whois within the 60-day period. I emailed [email protected] about the problem. They replied:

Thank you for your email. To remove the transfer lock on the domain name(s), please provide us with the following:

1. A completed 60-Day Lock Removal Request Form (attached).

2. Photo identification. Acceptable photo identification is clear, readable, and issued by the government. We must be able to clearly identify the pictured person, name, signature, and expiration date.

3. Government-issued business identification for the organization listed as the current registrant, Domain Sales - www.COMDots.com. The following are considered acceptable business identification (if not based in the United States, please provide a Certified English translation of your country’s equivalent documentation):

- A copy of business license
- Tax certificate (number alone is not acceptable)
- Doing Business As documentation
- Fictitious Name documentation
- IRS 501(C)3 “Determination Letter” (You may request a copy of this letter by contacting the IRS at 1-800-829-4933)
- Government issued certificate of tax exemption showing charitable status

You may scan or take a digital photo of the information and include it with your reply to this email.

Once we have received the documentation, we will further review your request.

Kindest Regards,

Review60 Team

I ended up pushing the domain to his GoDaddy account, which was NOT his preference.

Case 2: My domain is expiring. I want to transfer out to another registrar because renewal is costlier at GoDaddy.

Issue is same as Case 1. I have to renew with GoDaddy.

Added Thought: This also means you cannot transfer out within 60-days of registering a new domain. So, eventually, it is better to have the review360 requirements in place - especially requirement #3.

Thoughts welcome :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for this post!! GD just removed a transfer lock for one of our domains...

Note: the email is [email protected] (not review360@...)

•••
this only applies to godaddy.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back