IT.COM

domain kkcg.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

m9348

Impact
This domain was bought several years ago because it has 4 letters, a .com. I had no special plan for it, except to resell it someday and make some profit. I did have some ideas of websites I could do with it, so I might use it if I don't sell it in the short or mid term.

The point is, this domain is posted for sale and I received an offer this morning. I just want to know, or have an idea, whether I should accept or not.

Below which amount should I refuse, and over which amount should I accept?

Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's the kind of 4L .com that sells for up to $20 on ebay and on here...

•••
I agree, around $25 max for this kind of names

•••
Resell value of low $xx to mid $xx.
You might be able to sell it for end user for high $xx to low $1xx (after waiting a long time for the right buyer).

•••
•••
kkcg.com on a $1 start / $1 increment auction would probably make this name top heavy at $$ on this forum, a private offering may be a lowball $$. I wouldn't take any $20 or $25 offer for this name (I'd much rather renew it for 2-3 years, giving me enough time to be proactive or have someone else to come along with a better offer). A reasonable amount to expect is no less than $100, unless you put it up for auction without reserve (the lowest you would take as the starting point/reserve on NamePros).

A love tap on Sedo from someone interested in the domain name for $60 and above may result in a low-mid $$$ sale after commission (possibly higher). I see that you received 4 bids on the name already, did you negotiate? Were your intentions on selling or holding at the time by counter-offering unreasonably higher? What was the highest bid received? Why didn't you start an auction with one of the 4 bids if the offer was just right (in a realistic zone you wanted it to be in at minimum)?

Have you tried to get in contact with the .eu (Europe)/.cz (Czech) owners? They seem like a viable $$$$ candidate as they claim to be a multinational corporation with 1500 employees operating on 4 continents, not just the one they have registered (.asia as well :xf.rolleyes:). The .com will make them more visible worldwide than the .eu they currently operate from and could be more beneficial in their hands.

Tread lightly though as trademarks weren't checked as I bring this up.

Recent pattern sales (2014):
kkhr - $129
kkwk - $335
kkci - $120

An average of ~$200 on the aftermarket for this pattern.

-KK-
Two Kings (Cards)
Kuala Kangsar (many English caregivers here)

-CG-
Computer Graphics
Computer Generated
Cayman Islands
Care Giver
Republic of Congo (ccTLD/country code)
Card Games (Gambling)

Good luck! :xf.smile:

•••
Sounds like a tv station call sign..i think mid to high $$$ for the right buyer.

•••
$25-30 in the reseller market, mid $xxx if you find a small end-user, "the sky" if you find a huge end-user.
But realistically, more $25-30 than anything.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back