IT.COM

domain Kindly Asking for Your Honest Appraisals - StartInDubai.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Good Hand Regs

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Hello NP, and many thanks to @ET76 for introducing me to this section!

Although this may seem the longest appraisal request you might have seen, I assure you it can get more and more interesting if you keep reading. Who knows, with some luck you could even find unexpected inspiration :xf.wink:

As this is my second post on NamePros, I would naturally love to learn how much some of my first handregs can realistically go for. I came up with them late last year but haven't touched on monetization and selling per se yet. As a small experiment, I will be sharing GoDaddy's Appraisal prices too so I can finally make up my mind whether this tool is of any true reliability when it comes to estimating value. I know most people don't go by GD appraisals anyway, so feel free to ignore it. I also wrote a short description of what I had in mind when I registered each domain. Do what you will with that or just ignore it altogether if you think it's irrelevant.

I'd be extremely grateful should you choose to justify in short or conclude with a quick note on every estimate, but obviously, that's up to you. This will hopefully be a learning experience for me so the more & tougher critique, the better. I'm counting on it :)

Please keep in mind that I intend on attempting to sell all of them on NP first, so the asking price should be attractive enough for a veteran reseller as opposed to a startup/end-user. Every input is welcome and will be used in setting up the fair prices that will be posted in the selling section soon! In other words, I am trusting you guys (completely) on this one, ha ha.
Here we go:

A. Geo Domains
1. StartInDubai.com: Their leadership is currently focusing on attracting skilled immigrants (GD 1.267$)
2. DubaiAirportParking.com: One of the biggest, newest and most visited terminal in the world (GD 1.025$)
3. AbuDhabiParking.com: Capital of UAE, second biggest and wealthiest city after Dubai (GD 1.107$)
4. DubaiHairSalon.com: As a popular/expensive destination, fancy salons are frequent there (GD 967$)
5. LittleRockCity.com: The state capital of Arkansas where Clintons used to live, 200.000 inhabit. (GD 1.159$)

B. Gov.com Domains
- Really curious about these guys (Total bust or inspired luck?)
1. MasterGov.com: University page, master's loan, student aid, informational page (GD 2.256$)
2. SouthGov.com: Could go well with news - keyword searches? (GD 1.766$)
3. PirateGov.com: Republic of Pirates would make a great name for a torrent site ha ha (GD 1.663$)
4. DrugGov.com: Government/FDA tests/legalizing/selling drugs news. May be worth something (GD 1.573$)
5. HighGov.com: High Court/High school/High... Keyword? (GD 1.714$)

C. Blog Names
1. FlippingGuru.com: Perfect for side hustle/financial education/extra income blog (GD 1.201$)
2. FindAnAshram.com: Yoga/spiritual seekers/tourists searching for such places on Google (GD 847$)
3. FindYourAshram.com: Slightly longer variation that still looks decent, might offer as a bonus w/ ^ (GD 669$)
4. DirtyTravelSecrets.com: Nice simple fit for a niche travel/influencer blog, etc. (GD 348$)
5. SecretS*xRituals.com: Weird occult niche or just a s*xshop. Not my most inspired reg lol (GD <100$)

D. Properties
1. Inter.properties: Short for international (GD 2.332$)

2. WallStreet.properties: Sounds promising but gTLD might be trash (GD 1.292$)
3. Alfa.properties: Alternative spelling for Alpha (GD Appraisal: 1.592$)
4. Sigma.properties: Another greek letter, though this might be my worst one so far ha ha (GD 1.352$)
5. Wave.properties: Not sure what I had in mind, but it's a short dictionary word so there is that (GD 942$)

Considering the sheer length of the post, I know some of you might feel discouraged to take their time with it (thank you if you got this far!), so to make things easier and more effective I've made a template which you can simply paste and fill your numbers/comments in:

A. 1. ; 2. ; 3. ; 4. ; 5. ;
B. 1. ; 2. ; 3. ; 4. ; 5. ;
C. 1. ; 2. ; 3. ; 4. ; 5.;
D. 1. ; 2. ; 3. ; 4. ; 5.;

Side-note: Do not hesitate to contact me with any ideas you might have - especially learning by doing kind of work - as I am searching for a partner and/or mentor too. I will anyway be in your debt for appraising these. Many thanks, and happy domaining! (y)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You have good enthusiasm which is nice.

The bad part is I would see if you can get your money back for these names.

If successful in getting back your money, put it back in your pocket till your ready to buy one single domain from the aftermarket....not a handreg.

Flip that name for a profit, then move on to the next one.

You have a long road ahead, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Some see the light, and some dont.

Good luck.

•••
Thank you for your feedback @.NJ. Love your Kanagawa profile picture, it's my all-time favorite piece of art!
Indeed, I am at the painful "high enthusiasm - low skill" level where the learning curve is big and potentially expensive. I'd also have to agree with the fact that it is early days and there's a long road ahead of me. Yes, breaking even especially after paying for my first handregs, is a crucial step towards staying afloat and making sure my work is worth something after all - no matter how low.

But as much as I appreciate you being the only one responding to the thread so far (although you haven't technically offered an appraisal as such), I agree to disagree with you as far as handregs go. What kind of guy would not rightfully defend his username anyway? :-D

It is precisely here on NP where I learned the following lesson: You don't make money on a sale, you get that profit on your purchase.

Considering a situation where you're lacking both in terms of capital/cash flow and know-how/experience, your best bet is to rely on the only things you have at hand - your wits and creativity - to get where you say you have to. That's exactly where the beauty of domaining comes in: You can eventually make it on your own merit. Just like Elon Musk famously built X.com (later known as PayPal) with virtually no money to start with, but instead relying solely on the only type of capital he could afford at the time which was purely intellectual (namely the brains of a few close friends beside himself), rather than saving money to invest in flipping something that was already there on the market. After all, anyone can make money already having money, but only a few manage to get there without ever needing to invest much.

Now even though I did not intend to get my so-called Good Hand Regs appraised just yet, in order to further prove my point with supporting facts I suppose we can consider this part two of the inital thread: BuyaHigh.com, RomanticRent.com, FastFood.properties just to name a few. Please go ahead and give your take on these, I for one believe all 3 of them can go for x xxx $.
Decent names like that are still available and waiting to be claimed - sometimes for less than 5$. If one is able to come up with a steady flow of such creative names, selling the not-so-successful ones for next to nothing or dropping them altogether shouldn't be a problem as long as one keeps a small portfolio and manages to sell those few that are actually good. At least in theory, that is. But then again I wouldn't mind only coming up with good handregs to sell them for a profit, rather than risking a lot more money buying from the market while lacking the necessary intel/know-how.
Hope I didn't get combative trying to convey what I had to say. And thanks again, I probably needed this.
Happy domaining! (y)

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back