IT.COM

domain KimKardashianBlog.com appraisal please

NameSilo
Watch

Julianrob

Established Member
Impact
Acquisition Reason:
Purchased recently to build a blog around the famous celebrity. Unfortunately due to other constraints this was unachieveable and the project has been put aside therefore the new objective is to flip this domain

Markets:
This is a market ideally suited to the journalism of the well known celebrity

Research:
Kim Kardashian has 48 million twitter followers, more than Oprah, CNN and Bill Gates. Every time Kim tweets she commands a widespread audience. You're able to make a blog as a fitting tribute to this celebrity with a fairly high chance of exposure from natural search, backlinks and other sources

Comparison domain;
juliastilesblog.com on godaddy domains is listed for asking price $12,742
I believe this domain is in a similar market to do with celebrities

Estimated Value:
Estimated end user value is in the range of $12000 to $45000

Traffic:
Exact matches for the keywords in this domain are 8,800 per month, with kardashians being over 10 million. This is a recently aquired domain so no current backlinks or direct traffic sent there.

Revenue:
nil

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Acquisition Reason:
Purchased recently to build a blog around the famous celebrity. Unfortunately due to other constraints this was unachieveable and the project has been put aside therefore the new objective is to flip this domain

Markets:
This is a market ideally suited to the journalism of the well known celebrity

Research:
Kim Kardashian has 48 million twitter followers, more than Oprah, CNN and Bill Gates. Every time Kim tweets she commands a widespread audience. You're able to make a blog as a fitting tribute to this celebrity with a fairly high chance of exposure from natural search, backlinks and other sources

Comparison domain;
juliastilesblog.com on godaddy domains is listed for asking price $12,742
I believe this domain is in a similar market to do with celebrities

Estimated Value:
Estimated end user value is in the range of $12000 to $45000

Traffic:
Exact matches for the keywords in this domain are 8,800 per month, with kardashians being over 10 million. This is a recently aquired domain so no current backlinks or direct traffic sent there.

Revenue:
nil

See if you can get a refund.

•••
I believe it's a premium domain and worth holding onto, but thanks

•••
Yeah, so premium that they reserved it just for you and let you register it for a few bucks

•••
•••
See if you can get a refund.
Hi David, can you please give me more info about your reply? What makes you think this

•••
•••
Basically you can put anything behind it and you would think its worth something ,example things that are open with her name ending in [cam},{mates} ,{spermbank} are all open and just as good, also you can put an asking price on anything ,comparables are based off of sales not hopes and wishes.

•••
''Acquisition Reason:
Purchased recently to build a blog around the famous celebrity. Unfortunately due to other constraints this was unachieveable and the project has been put aside therefore the new objective is to flip this domain'':xf.rolleyes: You just bought the domain a few hours ago

•••
•••
Thanks guys for your assistance, I've decided to turn the domain in, after doing more research, appreciate the help

•••
NEVER register domain names containing TMs or celebrity names, since they are worthless at best and can get you a lawsuit in the worst case.

•••
NEVER register domain names containing TMs or celebrity names, since they are worthless at best and can get you a lawsuit in the worst case.
IMHO, generally I can think of at least two reasons to buy (cheap) trade mark and brand name domains:
1) You can monetize on it, as long as you stay away from their registred groups of business
2) You can post subjects on the domain, as long as it is "non profit", If it is annoying to them, offer them to buy it...

•••
IMHO, generally I can think of at least two reasons to buy (cheap) trade mark and brand name domains:
1) You can monetize on it, as long as you stay away from their registred groups of business
2) You can post subjects on the domain, as long as it is "non profit", If it is annoying to them, offer them to buy it...
No, this is not what domainers do. Owning TM-infringing domain names is called cybersquatting.

•••
•••
Perhaps you should educate yourself before continuing to make dumb purchases.

•••
I am aware of that, and just wanted to point out the possibility. It is illegal in some parts of the world, but not all, and I am not acting as moral police. I never say never (again). :)

•••
Why mess with a potential UDRP.

•••
Their legal team knows the udrp process.

You can't profit from it, it is worthless.

•••
-reg fee unless you develop and market it

•••
Reg Fee. Stay away from these celebrity domain names.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back