Dynadot

Keywords question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ixix

Think for yourselfEstablished Member
Impact
i have a question regarding picking keywords for your site.

I read somewhere that if you had the same key word in the keywords tag more than 5 times, that search engines would penalize you.

Do you list the appropriate keywords for your web page, or website?

So, say that your website was about 'apples':

apple cider, apple sauce, green apples, red apples, apple juice, etc the list gows on...

on the home page, do you place your keywords as
"apples, cider, sauce, green, red, juice etc?"

or do you type

"apple cider, apple sauce, apple green, apple red etc etc etc?"

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
good question.. im curious to hear an answer. :)

•••
Do you want to know this for inside you meta tags or on the actual visable index page itself?

•••
for now.,...

the meta tags....

•••
Isis said:
the meta tags....

Well most major spiders all but eliminate looking at meta and keywork tags now, but it doesent hurt to have them of course for the few that do still support them. The maximum number of keywords for the "keywords" meta is about 20. Anything more than 20 will be more harmful than benificial to your rankings. I would personally suggest using the word "apple" (if you owned an apple information site) about 5-6 times MAX in the keyword meta tag. So it would be like "apple cider, apple recipies, apple pie, cake, juice, red apples, green, apple sauce, macintosh, yellow" ect..

•••
If you want just keywords
search similar website and look there keywords

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back