Dynadot

Kevin Macpherson

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Wesley Doemane

Established Member
Impact
Anyone used Kevin Macpherson's domain brokerage service? Any success with him?

He's the guy who sold BuyShares.com for alot of money.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I had No Success with him....Anybody who is reading this thread, don't waste your $98 for his "For Sale" template...

•••
•••
Wow seems lots of folks have been unhappy with this dudes service...

I noticed he hasn't made any attempt to respond to any of the complaints

•••
Hmmm. This seems like an odd way of engaging a broker to sell your domain names.

Typically, a broker (regardless of industry) will be very selective in the products they wish to represent. They choose the products based upon a rating system they adopt, which indicates the likelihood of a successful transaction. When they engage a client agreement it will be based on a high commission fee for a sale successfully completed.

Now keep in mind that I said typically, which doesn’t represent all relationships in the seller/broker dynamic. Some high-volume brokers (non-industry specific) will charge a basic fee up front to cover administration fees. Usually these brokers, provided they are legitimate, will also provide full transparency on their fees/services and will actively work to produce some measurable results.

It depends on what is brought to the table from both the asset holder and broker. It depends on the terms of services agreement (promises/guarantees etc..).

Some brokers could be well worth the money up front, but as a seller I would imagine that you need to go into the potential deal knowing the true value of the asset(s) for sale, and with no uncertainty on the terms of the agreement. As with all business dealings the more informed we are, the better our expectations can be managed.

•••
Yeah I had a bad experience with him. I wouldn't do business with him again.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back