Domain Empire

advice Keep it or Drop it?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

wormfood

----Top Member
Impact
In this thread, you can post domains you are unsure about whether you should keep or drop.
Just make sure to only put one domain in each post and don't post too many times in a row or too often ;)

The more people that like your post, the more likely it is that you should keep it.
But don't blame us if your domain doesn't sell well :-D Or if lots of newbies unwisely like your post :)
The final decision is yours.

Please don't dislike people's posts if they post domains you think they should drop.. However, I personally would dislike a post with a domain that takes advantage of some tragedy, for example.

Thanks to @Bros for the thread idea

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Great idea
H3xa(dot)com

•••
•••
•••
•••
I will not say you drop it since both are short domains. List it on Auction Site for $50 (Recommended) OR at most $100 with only BUY NOW Option no Make Offer. Do not renew it

•••
@jacoliobo nice thread!

ProVentures.org
Xenium.co
Designn.net

Keep or drop it?

•••
ProVentures.org
Xenium.co
Designn.net

I would drop...the .co might be sellable, but still it's not a much desired keyword so I guess I would drop that one too.

•••
•••
In this thread, you can post domains you are unsure about whether you should keep or drop.
Just make sure to only put one domain in each post and don't post too many times in a row or too often ;)
What does it mean?
Nothing really, just a short name dot com (LNLL) ..

(drop or keep)
G-7.NET

•••
I suppose people will be discussing them more than I thought, so might not hurt to put more than one domain in a post.
But I thought that if someone likes your post with multiple domains, you will have to ask which domain they liked :p if they didn't like all of them. Or..I guess they should only like your post if they like all the domains in it :)

•••
I suppose people will be discussing them more than I thought, so might not hurt to put more than one domain in a post.
But I thought that if someone likes your post with multiple domains, you will have to ask which domain they liked :p if they didn't like all of them. Or..I guess they should only like your post if they like all the domains in it :)
Kinda vague about multiple domains..my portfolio might have 50 that I am neutral about keeping or dropping.
Personally it not the "liking" of my posted names, it is the feedback (positive or nuetral)

P.s. not planning on posting more than one name at a time.

•••
keep or drop mostly needs due dilligence and is not a matter of a quick look

so don't ask here
ask yourself
why someone would benfit from that domain
an how

•••
keep or drop mostly needs due dilligence and is not a matter of a quick look

so don't ask here
ask yourself
why someone would benfit from that domain
an how

I can understand your point...but here us mine..
Basically I am "renovator" by trade (work on older houses) so when I go price a job, I usually ask my friend for his opinion, he is a ticketed electrician and knows his trade and I know the basic about electrical. His opinion saved me money (advising me to stay away from that job) and made me money

So my point is, since I need a expert opinion since I can become emotionally attached to a domain..

•••
Basically I am "renovator" by trade (work on older houses) so when I go price a job, I usually ask my friend for his opinion, he is a ticketed electrician and knows his trade and I know the basic about electrical. His opinion saved me money (advising me to stay away from that job) and made me money

So my point is, since I need a expert opinion since I can become emotionally attached to a domain..

That does actually make sense, especially the last time...I think we can all sometimes get a bit too emotionally attached to a domain....

•••
That does actually make sense, especially the last time...I think we can all sometimes get a bit too emotionally attached to a domain....

Or we can overlook a less obvious use for a domain and drop it, when we should keep it ;)

•••
@briguy g-7.net, I have 3C nets but none with hyphen, I think it's a couple more years hold maybe they will have value, all 3C nets are sniped at drop daily, but I could only find L-L and N-N at namebio and one N-L, 3-d. Since G7 is a thing, and not some random nonsense, and hyphen looks ok because it is short. I have a thing for short so my bias may not be objectively helpful for you.

Have you had it since 2010 or you got aftermarket? What's your renew cost or do you do transfers to save money?

I just did bargain transfers on a couple names I was on fence about, maybe should have let them go but for $1.50 gives me a year to think about it : grin :

•••
@usernamex yes, I do own a few hyphenated 3 characters domain in the four major extensions (no not referring to .ca lol. Com/net/org/info) even own a double hyphenated n--n.com (which is real rare). Most of them, I developed and the others are parked.

If I remember correctly (on mobile can't check my spreadsheets) bought that one here.

I basically keep my domains at the same registrar that were registered at or pushed too. Coincidentally, nothing but praise for the support.
A few years back, did a major bargain transfer, only to find that the support sucked, couldn't figure out "control panel" and re-registration was around 20% more than the original registrar...once burnt twice shy!

Once last point..put a hyphenated 3character domain into a search engine..check first page..notice the results? My research showed me, that the hyphen is ignored.. u-n (dot)info was the one, that made my opinion stronger.

•••
Nothing really, just a short name dot com (LNLL) ..

(drop or keep)
G-7.NET
I think you have had no offers until now perhaps drop, being .net has not helped

•••
Don't waste time to think about these domains, "let it go"

•••

thats a valid approach in electriity

in domaning you can delete every domain
that you need somebody to ask for

•••
thats a valid approach in electriity

in domaning you can delete every domain
that you need somebody to ask for
Just my example of how sometimes, I need a expert and or a neutral persons opinion.
I know hardly anything about VR, that why I lurk that part of the forum. I can see examples of what members who are more knowledgeable are registering.

•••
•••
•••
I have a few names that I bought while being out of mind:

bakeshop.xyz
ITmanager.exoert

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back