IT.COM

news Just made a brand domain sale

NameSilo
Watch

Dinakar Dink

Established Member
Impact
Hey you guys 👋

I first got this domain because it was brandable and it's just 5 letters. My original idea was to build a business on it or sell the domain and exit.

First, I built a mobile app on it — an app like TikTok for short video sharing since it was banned here in India. It went well and scaled to 15K+ downloads and got acquired last month. I made a thread and shared a bit about it on my personal Twitter handle.

At that time I didn't sell the domain because I wanted to keep it and build something else on it (it didn't have any content or visitors to it anyway, the focus was only on Play Store). So the buyer was okay with it but then he reached out recently and shared interest in getting the domain as well.

We made a deal for $290 and sealed it yesterday for crovl.com.

It was one of my very good projects, and I'm really happy about my investment choices for this project. It's a small price compared to most sales we see here but rather a great milestone in my entrepreneurial journey (and a good start for the year as well).

Next up is trying to sell or build a business around these domains I posted earlier and try to make a deal. I was advised against trying to sell them by domainers here but let's see what happens. 🔥

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Hey you guys 👋

I first got this domain because it was brandable and it's just 5 letters. My original idea was to build a business on it or sell the domain and exit.

First, I built a mobile app on it — an app like TikTok for short video sharing since it was banned here in India. It went well and scaled to 15K+ downloads and got acquired last month. I made a thread and shared a bit about it on my personal Twitter handle.

At that time I didn't sell the domain because I wanted to keep it and build something else on it (it didn't have any content or visitors to it anyway, the focus was only on Play Store). So the buyer was okay with it but then he reached out recently and shared interest in getting the domain as well.

We made a deal for $290 and sealed it yesterday for crovl.com.

It was one of my very good projects, and I'm really happy about my investment choices for this project. It's a small price compared to most sales we see here but rather a great milestone in my entrepreneurial journey (and a good start for the year as well).

Next up is trying to sell or build a business around these domains I posted earlier and try to make a deal. I was advised against trying to sell them by domainers here but let's see what happens. 🔥

This is indeed nice success story and name (crovl.com), how about the app, how much you sold the app for ? Will learn to love more on it..

Congratulations for both..

Keep inspiring

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back