IT.COM

information Just got WeedBio.com @ GoDaddy Expireds! $12! Crazy!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
sorry Mods. I was a bit excited about this one. don't really know where to put this.

Tried to look for "Your Expired domain grab of the day" but couldn't find anything of the sort. Help?

I thought I didn't win it because my bid was $12. it's aged 3 years too?

really surprised no one jumped on this one as Domainers are like hawks at these these expired lists. Does this happen often on godaddy expired auctions?

I waited last 30 minutes to check. no bid. lol

I was almost certain someone would swoop in an get it for $20 or $50. or it would be a battle to go up to $x,xxx.

And I thought I wouldn't win. Right after auction I checked whois and it said this domain was still under some's name (not me) so I figured that the old owner paid it. to get it back. or that was the one who win the auction and beat me(until I saw the email! yay! lol)

To be honest I've tried this before. with LeafVR.com and Ethereum360.com and lost out.

I guess people were watching those like a hawk.

maybe WeedBio.com sucks? I doI like it for the simple reason well NameBio exists.

not showing off. just psyched when I saw in my inbox a Godaddy message. "You've Won WeedBio. Now pay up!" lol

anyways. We'll see. if I can flip it. or maybe keep it to develop it?

A "Bio" of all the Weed Industry could be useful like what strains and farmers are out there and boutiques and medical doctors who specialize in prescribing weed?

ala Leafly? would it be too late as Leafly is a God in this industry already?

or is there still room?

all in all I ended up paying $27 ($12 + 14 for renewals)

I guess pure luck is to blame? or just a not a good domain?

probably leaving myself open for ridicule lol and looking like a "newbie" but hell with it.

Let me know what you all think! lol

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think $27 was well worth the gamble, congrats (y).

•••
I mean, its all subjective. The "age" on the domain doesn't really matter as there are 0 archive.org pages and 0 backlinks to the site. It comes down to what people see as "potential." There are a whole lot of "weed" domains out there still. Best of luck flipping this one.

•••
I mean, its all subjective. The "age" on the domain doesn't really matter as there are 0 archive.org pages and 0 backlinks to the site. It comes down to what people see as "potential." There are a whole lot of "weed" domains out there still. Best of luck flipping this one.

so.....develop?

•••
The old owners can still renew this one, can't they? Or is it already in your account?

It's a good one btw, surprised as well that no one else saw this one.

Last edited:
•••
That`s a great name and a great idea!

If you have skills on website development definitely give your best on this one.

Congrats I`m happy for you :happy:

•••
I think $27 was well worth the gamble, congrats (y).

I like the "Gamble" mention. aren't we all Gamblers "at heart" lol :xf.wink:

I think I've become like my mother! lol but I think she's better shrewder .

She (75 yr old) goes to the track to bet on horses with pops. She loves it. I never was a fan as always thought she lost or they lost.

That's my college money!

when I finally did stay around. she has a pretty good "racket". she does 50 cent bets called quinnella's where if you can figure out correctly the right order 5 horses in a row you can win big depending on the odds.

little did I know she wins like 1 out 5 bets she makes like this all the time!

AND.... all thee other bettors over there at the track have seen her win they ask for her tips. and they bet on her tips and they win. and they give her a kickback of 20%.

(mind you tells them to show her their tickets. so she can see how much they bet. lol so she knows her "cut"!)

so a 50 cent bet if it hits mom can make anywhere from $150 to $500+

I guess this domaining thing is in the genes. Gambling! lol

PS. One time I actual saw some big "mafiaso" type guy going to my 4'11" 75 year old mother asking her tips and saw him with a stack of cash the bet window. lol

he won and gave my mom a nice kickback.

I'm babbling again! back to domaining!

Thanks for all your input and compliments!

•••
That`s a great name and a great idea!

If you have skills on website development definitely give your best on this one.

Congrats I`m happy for you :happy:

Thanks man! we can try right? :xf.wink: Good luck to you too! (y)

•••
Me likes it a lot! $27 , what a steal!

•••
I was watching this domain WeedBio.com same namebio came to my mind but i just left it as I don't have good knowledge in weed niche. And also don't want to awake for that one domain.

•••
I like it. Now you just gotta cross your fingers that the previous owner doesn't renew or transfer out sometime in the next week. I try not to get too excited when I snag a domain at GoDaddy auctions until it's actually delivered to my account. It doesn't appear that Jason Newby was the previous owner, so that's a plus.

•••
•••
•••
Great potential for development. Of course the initial perceived direction is towards marijuana - consider, though, that you have the potential to develop it as a gardening blog or something similar along those lines. Flexibility is key, and the potential is there!

Best of luck with it.

•••
•••
I'm still trying to figure out why so many people like it. NameBio works because you are getting the history or story of each individual name. Millions of names. I can understand someone wanting to know the history of a particular form of weed but I don't think there are that many different forms to matter. I also don't think that a bunch of potheads will even see the correlation between the words weed and bio. Maybe I'm wrong.

Next time you love a name I would wait until the name was in your account to tell everyone. Easy for someone to contact the original owner and buy it right out from under your feet.

•••
Find the best grasses at WeedBio.com! tingg tingg
Nice name for weed niche.

•••
I'm still trying to figure out why so many people like it. NameBio works because you are getting the history or story of each individual name. Millions of names. I can understand someone wanting to know the history of a particular form of weed but I don't think there are that many different forms to matter. I also don't think that a bunch of potheads will even see the correlation between the words weed and bio. Maybe I'm wrong.

Next time you love a name I would wait until the name was in your account to tell everyone. Easy for someone to contact the original owner and buy it right out from under your feet.

The Mr. Paranoid in me agrees with you. As with VR it's best for a domain to be multi use thereby increasing chances of sale.

I can see WeedBio as

1. Weed news site about different strains of weed but also of farmers or boutiques or regulation updates.

2. Also there are companies working on ways to biometrically track weed inventory (maybe) like BioTrackTHC.com?

3. Or WeedBio as the name for Organic Weed killer? Or marijuana organic farmer? (Bio has been used interchangeably with "Eco" or "green" for a while. I think? Or is it a stretch?)

•••

Pothead does not equal airhead .Where I live in Canada POT/Marijuana/Canna---->Weed. Weed is the most commonly used term, for the whole province.

There are many, many strains/hybrids....the amount of variance is incredible. Weedbio.com is a great name for a marijuana information site. Statistical analysis of thc levels compared to other strains, listed effects of different strains, strain ratings, new strain trackers, Sativa vs Indica crowd ratings,video reviews, dispensary reviews....there is so much you can do with it.

The name is very memorable as well.

Last edited:
•••
Pothead does not equal airhead .Where I live in Canada POT/Marijuana/Canna---->Weed. Weed is the most commonly used term, for the whole province.

There are many, many strains/hybrids....the amount of variance is incredible. Weedbio.com is a great name for a marijuana information site. Statistical analysis of thc levels compared to other strains, listed effects of different strains, strain ratings, new strain trackers, Sativa vs Indica crowd ratings,video reviews, dispensary reviews....there is so much you can do with it.

The name is very memorable as well.
I never said Potheads are Airheads. Some of the smartest people I know wake and bake on a daily basis. :)

•••
I was watching this domain WeedBio.com same namebio came to my mind but i just left it as I don't have good knowledge in weed niche. And also don't want to awake for that one domain.

It's ok. We try yes?

•••
I never said Potheads are Airheads. Some of the smartest people I know wake and bake on a daily basis. :)
976e35d349eb4db2a8bb1e9ab421a44e8b8e723519855550606ba1a2d09815cb.jpg

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back