Dynadot

status-invalid Just a suggestion about "Investment" Groups

NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a suggestion for NamePros, whether it will be considered or implemented is of course, up to the the staff and ownership.

Investment Groups

I think if NamePros is going to allow members to Start "Investment" Groups and solicit their investors from NamePros on NamePros, there should be some type of mediation by NamePros staff to make sure funds are being used as promise and reports are accurate. Of course, I would assume some type of fee will be attached to this monitoring to make it worth while. Possibly a separate forum created for this service where a member has to pay a fee to post and then is assigned a "monitor", where members must post publicly or directly to a monitor with their investment amount and whether or not it's been paid, then verified by the Investment creator.

Some may say this is unnecessary and everyone deals at their own risk, but I believe NamePros, as a community based forum should do their absolute best to protect their members.

Either this or not allow this type of solicitation on the forums. Can they meet here and deal off NamePros? Fine, but I really hate seeing people get burned and I have a feeling shit is really going to hit the fan soon and the only people that are going to lose are NP members and even NamePros themselves for allowing these borderline illegal ventures and in some case, fraud.

Just my two-cents, take it for what it is.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
+ 1 for courage to put it out there

such groups are intended to exclude, even though they include

and when majority of newbies are involved, it's not really an investment group.... it's a gambling group

because they are the one's with the highest hopes, while also being the least likely to ask the right questions.

imo...

•••
Yes, there should be something to protect the NP members, other wise its a wild west. I can see its not too far from now, when some member will be burn. :cigar:

•••
Why is every other post around this Have some type of status update, but this one doesn't even seem to be acknowledged by staff?

•••
I think if NamePros is going to allow members to Start "Investment" Groups and solicit their investors from NamePros on NamePros, there should be some type of mediation by NamePros staff to make sure funds are being used as promise and reports are accurate

And hosting providers? And SEO Services? And brokers? And registries?
Namepros isn't an audit company.

Buyer Beware.

If a member is proven to scam I'm sure they'll take action.

I have a feeling sh*t is really going to hit the fan soon
Why the vague reference? Do you have evidence of something? If you have, speak freely, imho.

•••
And hosting providers? And SEO Services? And brokers? And registries?
Namepros isn't an audit company.

Buyer Beware.

If a member is proven to scam I'm sure they'll take action.

Why the vague reference? Do you have evidence of something? If you have, speak freely, imho.

Some may say this is unnecessary and everyone deals at their own risk, but I believe NamePros, as a community based forum should do their absolute best to protect their members.

And it's not my forum. Many know. I am just the one speaking out in a generalization. Can't really even see how the services you mentioned even compare, though.

•••
Please keep in mind that we follow the same policy with investment groups as we do with financial transactions. NamePros does not facilitate any transactions, nor does it get involved with (Financially motivated) investment groups.

Every member that participates in the NamePros marketplace or an investment group use a 3rd party service to make all financial transactions.

We also don't tell anyone what they should or should not invest in. As always, everyone should do their due diligence before making any and all investment decisions.

Please take note to the following terms of use all members agreed to when they signed up to NamePros:
You agree to take full responsibility for all Content you submit to the Service. You agree to assume any losses and/or liabilities that result from your Content.
You understand that we are not a publisher of Content on our forums. We do not moderate most Content.
You agree not to hold us liable for any loss that may result from the use of the Service.
Source: TOS

I hope that helps clarify a bit more.

Thanks for understanding,

•••
Can't really even see how the services you mentioned even compare, though.

Pay me money and I'll put your site on one of our link farms and make you money, passively. Your domain won't get blacklisted, I promise.
Pay me $20 /month and I'll put you on a server way better than anything you've ever seen. .
I'll sell your domain and I'll get you the best deal you've ever seen for only 15% commission.
Send me your domains and Ill send you a list of endusers. Free, and I won't take advantage of this system all.
Register your domains with us at Uniregistry and we promise we'll NEVER raise prices.

Every transaction is an opportunity to scam. Anyone who invests with strangers on anything is ripe for the picking.
The end. Eric explained the site positoin anyway.

•••
So we should speak out and force these groups to become more transparent and make sure they are using members funds appropriately? I mean they are using your forum in a public thread to solicit the cash, so it should be fair game, correct?

But wait... you guys don't get involved or facilitate... so what am I asking... of course it's fair game.

•••
So we should speak out and force these groups to become more transparent and make sure they are using members funds appropriately?

If you are interested in being a member of a group then you can ask for transparency.
If you are concerned about members of a group then you can speak out and let the crowd decide.

People have discussed the site that lists Namepros domains for sale, they have called out Brandroot, they have called out Flippa, they have called out Epik, they called out dotCO .... these are all services with reputations to manage.. and some died and some suffered.

I am just the one speaking out in a generalization

So you don't actually have any actual concerns? So this is raising an issue about a non-issue?

•••
If you are interested in being a member of a group then you can ask for transparency.
If you are concerned about members of a group then you can speak out and let the crowd decide.

People have discussed the site that lists Namepros domains for sale, they have called out Brandroot, they have called out Flippa, they have called out Epik, they called out dotCO .... these are all services with reputations to manage.. and some died and some suffered.

I actually was, till these groups denied transparency, and I realized they were targeting noobies and the naive. These, imho, are the people NamePros should be trying to protect/educate.

So you don't actually have any actual concerns? So this is raising an issue about a non-issue?

Do you just make up things and run with it? Are you running a shady group yourself and not likely people putting spot light on it? I'm amazed, even after your horrible comparison, you have no interest in NamePros providing any type of security for the very people who make up this community. Without us, NamePros is nothing.

•••
Lol... guess they made up a status just for this post... "invalid" suggestion / feedback huh?

Attachments

• IMG_3703.PNG
    IMG_3703.PNG
    681.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_3704.PNG
    IMG_3704.PNG
    670.7 KB · Views: 56
•••
I don't think namepros should be a place where people can be allowed to scam under the guise of 'investing for others'. If you are going to moderate at all, it makes sense to moderate scammers! Namepros' TOS will not supersede federal law...It's illegal to knowingly habor these activities. If some 'investor' does file a complaint, the police will subponea the site for information and further investigation. All it takes is 1 bored cop... I personally would not like the trouble, and not allow it on my site. Good luck!

•••
Lol... guess they made up a status just for this post... "invalid" suggestion / feedback huh?
The status is not new, but it's rarely needed: https://www.namepros.com/s/forums/namepros-comments-and-feedback.9/?prefix_id=340&showClosed=1

You forgot to select "Show Closed" to see the rest.

We still appreciate your concern and feedback. It never hurts to offer suggestions. ;)

NamePros providing any type of security for the very people who make up this community
NamePros has and will always investigate any matters pertaining to unethical business practices and fraud. If you have evidence that anyone (Including investment groups) are committing such an offense, please report it and provide your evidence so we can take immediate actions.

While NamePros does have a policy in place allowing members to conduct business with one another using their own due diligence, we also have a policy against any illegal, unethical, or fraudulent activities. You should always report any matters that pose a threat to you or your fellow members so we can quickly get things resolved.

NamePros does not play any favorites and every member is held accountable for their own actions. It's vital that all members maintain a level accountability when conducting business on our platform.

Note: Be sure that you have evidence ready for any claims that you make regarding other members when using the report feature. This evidence not only helps speed up the investigation process, it also provides us with a foundation to base the claim. Without any evidence to support a claim and prove wrong doing, we are unable to take any actions against an account.

It should also be noted that NamePros can only enforce what happens on its platform. All communications that take place via 3rd party services make it impossible to verify the accuracy of the content and can't be used as part of the investigation.

I hope that helps clear a few things up.

Thanks for understanding our position on this matter.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back