Domain Empire

domain Joy.tv

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
Requesting appraisals for www.Joy.tv. Thanks in advance.

AmCy

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i like this name a lot. It sits well with the .tv extension and I could see this being bought by maybe a religious based outfit or, of course, the zimbabwean state tv channel (which i am sure is why you bought the name)

This could and should sell for xx,xxx (my guess is final sale price would be $9k) - and how bout that for specifics... :)

EDIT:: Just read your post in the discussion forum. You kidding me, you just regged this name and it was available. D-:

•••
collieri said:
i like this name a lot. It sits well with the .tv extension and I could see this being bought by maybe a religious based outfit or, of course, the zimbabwean state tv channel (which i am sure is why you bought the name)

This could and should sell for xx,xxx (my guess is final sale price would be $9k) - and how bout that for specifics... :)

Thanks for the appraisal. To be perfectly honest, I was shocked to find that it was available. I may even develop this one myself. :|

And thank you for the specific dollar amount. Now that's a quality appraisal!

:tu:

AmCy

Last edited:
•••
i would develop it :)

$9k seems like a price i would aim for...

The .tv market is only getting stronger........

•••
How much of the reg fee for joy.tv? it is a very very good .tv domain and I think if you will stand longer, it will bring you 5 figures prices at least.

congrats

•••
yesonline said:
How much of the reg fee for joy.tv? it is a very very good .tv domain and I think if you will stand longer, it will bring you 5 figures prices at least.

congrats

Thanks.

GoDaddy (GD) is running a sale for .TV @ $29.95/domain. Normal price @ GD is $35.00 which I think is still the cheapest for .TV names.

I plan on hanging onto this one until the right buyer comes along, or I may develop it. Not sure yet. However, I am quite certain that Great Domains will list it with a fair price attached.

I think this one slipped underneath the radar of the .TV corp. They generally markup valuable keyword domains. E.g. they want $300/year for joyful_dot_tv.

AmCy

Last edited:
•••
$x,xxx - $xx,xxxx

develope it :)

•••
a lot of money ..... lol

:lol:
$xxxxx

must develop it
i still can't believe it wasn't registered till now
and that joy.com on afternic .......
yesterday i've wrote on o thread that "all the good names are taken "

now i know i was wrong , fortunately..... B-) :talk: :blink:

good luck to you and congrats :gn:

•••
vimkar said:
a lot of money ..... lol

:lol:
$xxxxx

must develop it
i still can't believe it wasn't registered till now
and that joy.com on afternic .......
yesterday i've wrote on o thread that "all the good names are taken "

now i know i was wrong , fortunately..... B-) :talk: :blink:

good luck to you and congrats :gn:

Thanks!

I think the joy_dot_com sale was a scam:

http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?t=58193

Damn scammers!

•••
He got a 10K domain for $30

•••
•••
Wow, you mean you regged joy.tv for less then 30 at godaddy? it is very strange that any normal 3 letter or even 3 char at www.tv are marked as premium names that asking price is $500 at least, you can not reg premium names via other registrars.
I will think if you do reg this on at godaddy.com for only $30, could be an error or glitch, and you are now under a risk that www.tv would take it back from you with a "sorry" only.
If I am wrong, then you must be very lucky and congrats you very much.

take care

•••
yesonline said:
it is very strange that any normal 3 letter or even 3 char at www.tv are marked as premium names that asking price is $500 at least, you can not reg premium names via other registrars.
I will think if you do reg this on at godaddy.com for only $30, could be an error or glitch

take care

I hear you loud and clear. Yup: 3 letter domains are all marked as premium names (at least $500) by the .TV corp. so i just got lucky.

Now, as you might imagine, I've been monitoring my GoDaddy account for any signs of a problem given the circumstances. So far, so good: the domain is active in my account and I expect it to start resolving to my server shortly.

I got this name fair and square. If the .TV people try any funny business I will certainly go on an all out campaign against them. We'll see.

AmCy

•••
thats impossible.
But if that can be possible its not your error its their error so you are winning!
Good luck with this ausome domain!

mid xx.xxx

•••
AMCY you got the name fair and square but .tv corp will tell godaddy they can't sell it for that price. Great Get

•••
IllCodeForFood said:
thats impossible.
But if that can be possible its not your error its their error so you are winning!
Good luck with this ausome domain!

mid xx.xxx

Thanks for your appraisal.

Yes, exactly: if they missed this one it's their fault not mine. Great thing about the Internet is if they try and funny business I can start a massive campaign against them and reach the world very quickly. I sure do love the Internet :'( <sniff>

AmCy

•••
equity78 said:
AMCY you got the name fair and square but .tv corp will tell godaddy they can't sell it for that price. Great Get

If they want to hurt their reputation then let them try to play with me. My guess is that they'll chalk it up as one that got away and they'll start monitoring their domains more closely.

Besides, I love a good boycott. Check out my site:

Boycott

AmCy

•••
:)
I like when big companies like .tv loose (i think that the domain reservation thing is a crap, all the names must go for the same price dman it)

•••
I think most people boycott .tv corp anyway

•••
IllCodeForFood said:
:)
I like when big companies like .tv loose (i think that the domain reservation thing is a crap, all the names must go for the same price dman it)

I agree. Should be like all the other TLD's: first come, first serve: same price for all domains sold by an ICANN accredited registrar. I am quite surprised that ICANN let them get away with their markup nonsense. Are they even ICANN accredited??? I couldn't find the accreditation logo anywhere on their website. Hmmmm...

AmCy

•••
I have to remind you that www.tv HAS DONE IT BEFORE and made it a news:( the registrant regged a PREMIUM(www.tv claimed)name with normal fee, and later www.tv just cancelled the registration simply. I don't know what happened later when the registrant said he will sue www.tv.
And if you find that www.tv does not take it back few days later then just rush to renew it to the maxmium years immediately :)

good luck

•••
•••
Well good luck, I hope they let you keep your domain.

•••
yes u are right now is his domain!

•••
yesonline said:
I have to remind you that www.tv HAS DONE IT BEFORE and made it a news:( the registrant regged a PREMIUM(www.tv claimed)name with normal fee, and later www.tv just cancelled the registration simply. I don't know what happened later when the registrant said he will sue www.tv.
And if you find that www.tv does not take it back few days later then just rush to renew it to the maxmium years immediately :)

good luck

Hmmm...I hear ya'. Good advice. I think I'm going to renew it to 2008 now instead of later.

AmCy

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back